Paradox V3 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paradox V3

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBrizzz View Post
    Has anyone had a problem using 175mm crank with the low bb? Is there even an advantage to using 175 over 170? Building paradox 29er trail bike. I'm 6'2" so I read the 175 may be more comfortable. If my question sounds dumb then laugh at me as long as you answer me. Thanks
    Personally I ran 175mm cranks for years...because, well, everything came with 175mm cranks, no other reason. I switched to 170mm about 4 years ago... not looking back. I get more than enough torque (especially with crazy range cassettes), 5mm more pedal clearance and find it handles better in tech rough stuff too... maybe because feet are not as far offset. I run 165mm on my dh bike.

Another thing I am picky about are pedals... thin pedals make a BIG difference to ride and ergonomics by dropping CoG, improving pedal clearance, and changing effective stack height, plus less likely to slip a pedal (assuming identical pedal design except for height)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Anyone know maximum rear rotor size for the Paradox?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We are open to ideas for limited edition colour runs, so if you want to suggest any then feel free... please jst supply images of colours and give colour codes.
    Steve did a pretty cool retro job on his paradox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUc15u9Sqs&t=237s

I'd love to see someone do a gold tint frame or a super light blue.

mtbr member
    The Bronze Anodized frames that Nicolai offer look badass.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by w8kbrder View Post
    Anyone know maximum rear rotor size for the Paradox?
    203mm, but honestly I wouldn't bother above 180mm as your brakes will be far stronger than the traction your tires will offer and you'll likely find you just end up skidding lots.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    203mm, but honestly I wouldn't bother above 180mm as your brakes will be far stronger than the traction your tires will offer and you'll likely find you just end up skidding lots.
    Thanks for the insight. Makes sense. Running 27.5 / 2.8 tires so I've got a bit of rubber on the ground. I had an extra set of 203mm so I was considering thowing them on there just to try it out.

Overall I'm super stoked on this bike. I was so close to going with a Commencal Meta HT or Nukeproof Scout 275 until my buddy told me to look into the V3. First glance looks I was sold. Then after reading/watching all the feedback on performance, I was definitely sold. I'm 6'3...went with a size Large as demand is high/supply is low and after jokinly posting up a message on this thread about buying one if anyone had it available, someone messaged me with large to sell.

I'd say I'm right at the edge between a Large and X-Large. I dont' like stems longer than 50mm and I could probably use an extra 1/2" to 1" on the saddle and stem to get it exactly perfect for my size. But the thing rips and I like that its not too much frame.

I'm thinking of swapping out my Fox Elite 140mm for my 150mm Rockshox Pike RCT3 and possibly bring that BB up just a hair. Just worried that the 150 might throw off the geometry enough to where its not benefiting by what it was orignally designed to do.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Stupid question: my ISO plus 20mm adapter is too short for my caliper to properly set on the 180mm rotors. For the Paradox, is the proper adapter an ISO plus 40mm whether it be Sram or Shimano?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Stupid question: my ISO plus 20mm adapter is too short for my caliper to properly set on the 180mm rotors. For the Paradox, is the proper adapter an ISO plus 40mm whether it be Sram or Shimano?
    ISO rear is based around being able to run a min of 140mm rotor, so +20 is for 180 and +40 for 200mm
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    ISO rear is based around being able to run a min of 140mm rotor, so +20 is for 180 and +40 for 200mm
    Thanks! Any reason for such a small rotor baseline?

mtbr member
    It's ISO, International Organization of Standards. It's the norm basically, some people use 140mm rotors. My regular 180 mm rotor adapter works just fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just a long standing industry standard, we didn't create it.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Just a long standing industry standard, we didn't create it.
    Gotcha. I was out of the game since college (2000) and got back into the bike scene about 5 years ago so a lot changed between then and now. And most of the frames I've owned seem to start at that 160mm mark so thats why I was asking.

Question: any feedback from anyone having problems with a very tight tolerance in the seat tube?

Mine was so tight I had to lube up the fox transfer post / inner part of the seat tube and work it left and right just to get it into place. Didn't know if that was common or if my frame was a one-off issue like that.

Since I have a dropper, I really don't have a need to move the seatpost once I have it where I want it. But if need be, you literally have to keep a foot on the pedal and use some muscle by working the seat back and fourth just to get it to move up/down the seat tube..and thats with the tube/post greased up...seat collar completely loose.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Gotcha. I was out of the game since college (2000) and got back into the bike scene about 5 years ago so a lot changed between then and now. And most of the frames I've owned seem to start at that 160mm mark so thats why I was asking.

Question: any feedback from anyone having problems with a very tight tolerance in the seat tube?

Mine was so tight I had to lube up the fox transfer post / inner part of the seat tube and work it left and right just to get it into place. Didn't know if that was common or if my frame was a one-off issue like that.

Since I have a dropper, I really don't have a need to move the seatpost once I have it where I want it. But if need be, you literally have to keep a foot on the pedal and use some muscle by working the seat back and fourth just to get it to move up/down the seat tube..and thats with the tube/post greased up...seat collar completely loose.
    I would be more inclined to blame seatpost tolerances before I would blame the frame. Can you get your hands on another 31.6 post? Thatíll definitely answer your questions....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    No problems with seat posts in mine. I've been using the One Up Components V2.

Regarding rotor size at the rear is there a case that with a size specific rear that rotor size could increase as the size does?

Small and medium riders are generally going to be lighter than large and extra large?
    So with a longer rear for balance comes the need for larger rotors for increased braking to cope with the increased energy (through weight)?

Or is it a case of over engineering?

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Anyone looking to sell their bike/frame in size XL please message me. Patiently waiting for the next pre-order run...

TOP TIER LURKER
    WOW, I am digging this frame!! I took it down some techy runs this past week and it gobbled it up and laughed right through it. So stable, so solid through the rough, yet more forgiving than an aluminum frame usually is. Climbs great, too, whether I am seated and steady grinding up the mountain or pushing really hard up and over tech sections. I never feel like the bike is over challenged.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    It truly is an incredible frame.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    The rest of my parts arrive this week and i will start my build. I'm really excited after all this feedback and patience!!! Has anyone else attempted to paint their frames like Hardtail Party? I like the idea alot. If so share some pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1x1Pilot View Post
    I would be more inclined to blame seatpost tolerances before I would blame the frame. Can you get your hands on another 31.6 post? Thatíll definitely answer your questions....
    Yep. I attempted a Raceface Turbine 31.6 & a Cane Creek. Same results. Seattube is clean...nothing obstructing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yep. I attempted a Raceface Turbine 31.6 & a Cane Creek. Same results. Seattube is clean...nothing obstructing.

Grrrrr..... that sucks. Hopefully Keith weighs in now.... if it bugs you (it would me), a simple honing bit would clean out the seat tube enough to solve your problem. Not the most ideal thing to do.... I had to do it on a Surly years ago and it did the trick

If thatís the route you choose to take, go SLOW..... any metal taken off canít be put back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    How does this bike feel with 27.5 non plus size tires? Does it effect the geometry much?

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by habaden View Post
    How does this bike feel with 27.5 non plus size tires? Does it effect the geometry much?
    It will lower the bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Need some help. I've installed cane creeks hellbender bottom bracket on my paradox but when I tightened down my new GX dub crank I have way too much slop. Probably half an inch. Can someone help clear me up here? I've never built my own bike so I appreciate the help. I should have taken pictures so I could attach it but hopefully I've explained well enough

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Need some help. I've installed cane creeks hellbender bottom bracket on my paradox but when I tightened down my new GX dub crank I have way too much slop. Probably half an inch. Can someone help clear me up here? I've never built my own bike so I appreciate the help. I should have taken pictures so I could attach it but hopefully I've explained well enough
    Did you miss a spacer somewhere? Check the bb box for rings...

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    Did you miss a spacer somewhere? Check the bb box for rings...
    Yeah the bottom bracket came with one spacer but it's only 1.25mm. I tried calling Cane Creek but no answer I see that they sell a spacer kit separately I'm wondering if that's what I'm missing

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Never mind I just spoke to Cane Creek I made a newbie mistake. The hellbender Neo does not work with dub cranks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Have you installed the ISCG tabs? (necessary to achieve 73mm BB width and support the threads)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Have you installed the ISCG tabs? (necessary to achieve 73mm BB width and support the threads)
    Sure did Keith. Cane Creek tells me this bb is not compatible with DUB cranks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Sure did Keith. Cane Creek tells me this bb is not compatible with DUB cranks
    Ah, well that would do it!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Any recommendations on dub compatible bb? I thought the tech was great on the cane creek hellbender but apparently that's not happening.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

my steel paradox with paragon sliding dropouts (brew custom bikes = awesome-o)

Paradox V3-brew2.jpgtest rode the banshee....loved it (been riding since 1987)
    asked them if they'd do steel..and SS....nope...
    don't blame them, they got enough on their hands

gave geo numbers to steve at Brew Bikes....just happened to have a (any bike custom built sale at $1200...pandemic pricing)

this is what I got...it's freakin amazing. 25lbs as you see it.
    nice and twangy....steve is THE man...check his history...used to do ultra light mtbs backindeday and bmx's....so you know it's strong.

but light! ordered a steel kona last year for same purpose and sent it back the next day after I picked it up....sorry, I was used to dekerf, brodie, fat chance and breezer steelies....this brew fits the bill.

what else ya gonna do with free govt. check?

mtbr member
    May 2020
    can someone help me figure out what rear brake adapter I need 4 my code rear calipers to mount properly to the Paradox frame? 160 mm rear rotor

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Have banshee bikes gone up in price? The new Zealand supplier just hiked the paradox frame up 300 nzd retails for 1110 usd now.. Was about to order one this coming week but flip thats eatting into the parts budget...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using tiny.cc/Mtbr_android_app

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by turner_nz View Post
    Have banshee bikes gone up in price? The new Zealand supplier just hiked the paradox frame up 300 nzd retails for 1110 usd now.. Was about to order one this coming week but flip thats eatting into the parts budget...

Frame prices have not increased, and from what I can see here they are in line with US pricing once taxes are considered.

http://www.3sixtysports.co.nz/produc...adox-hardtail/
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Few days ago it was 1399 nzd (912 usd) now its 1699 nzd (1010 usd) not sure what's happening.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Few days ago it was 1399 nzd (912 usd) now its 1699 nzd (1010 usd) not sure what's happening.

I'm seeing $1477 at the link I posted. Which is in line with US pricing considering US listed pricing is without tax and in NZ I believe tax is included in price (could be wrong)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    As your outside of nzd your seeing it 15% cheaper as the tax is removed I'm guessing, price has definitely gone up unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    As your outside of nzd your seeing it 15% cheaper as the tax is removed I'm guessing, price has definitely gone up unfortunately.

Thanks for making me aware, I'll look into this.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    no worries mate, considering the Australian dollar is similar to ours the banshee bikes here in NZ are a heck of alot more money... hence i ended up with a ibis ripmo af over the banshee prime earlier this year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    lame pic sorry...will get another more betta

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

BREW paradox steel singlespeed custom

ok...my cam skills are about equal to my dogs....but here is a real life steel single speed banshee paradox (made by brew bikes) better pics for ya Luke...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox V3-b1.jpg  

Paradox V3-b2.jpg  

Paradox V3-b3.jpg  

Paradox V3-b4.jpg  

TOP TIER LURKER
    I have to think that the difference in prices between the US and other countries (including Canada) are the import fees/taxes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12