New to me 2014 Paradox Build- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2016

New to me 2014 Paradox Build

Just about wrapped up my first frame up build. Have to tune a few things including the fork, brakes and maybe some riser bars instead. But it was a blast to build ad hopefully will be a blast to ride here soon. These 90 degree sunny winter days are wearing down on me from inside...

2014 Banshee Paradox XL Frame
    WTB I23 Team Wheelset
    Shimano XT 1x11 drivetrain
    Hayes Stroker Gram Carbon Fiber Brakes
    Rockshox Revelation RCT3 140mm
    Surly Cheater Bar
    Saint Flats
    Raceface 70mm stem

New to me 2014 Paradox Build-img_0416.jpgNew to me 2014 Paradox Build-img_0423.jpgNew to me 2014 Paradox Build-img_0417.jpg

mtbr member
    Congrats! Welcome to the banshee family. Bike looks too clean though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Bikes

2015 Transition Patrol AL
    2016 YT Tues AL

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    Congrats! Welcome to the banshee family. Bike looks too clean though...

Thanks! And I'm slowly working on the dirtiness part! Was afraid there wouldn't be much interest in Paradox's anymore with Banshee's line being pretty much full squish now...

mtbr member
    Hardtail definitely has its place in mountain biking!

Current Bikes

2015 Transition Patrol AL
    2016 YT Tues AL

mtbr member
    Just now seeing this, looks like a super sweet ride One thing you should do is route the front brake hose inside the fork leg instead of risking finding out if a trailside obstacle/branch can rip it off

Always liked my Paradox setup with a 140mm fork to get the angles I liked and that's how I set up my loaner/rentals and people love them, even those who are accustomed to FS. Don't ride mine personally anymore, issue with legs and lower back, so a bit harsh for me, ride a steel rigid plus bike now instead when guiding most or the FS with more skilled/faster riders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Just now seeing this, looks like a super sweet ride One thing you should do is route the front brake hose inside the fork leg instead of risking finding out if a trailside obstacle/branch can rip it off

Always liked my Paradox setup with a 140mm fork to get the angles I liked and that's how I set up my loaner/rentals and people love them, even those who are accustomed to FS. Don't ride mine personally anymore, issue with legs and lower back, so a bit harsh for me, ride a steel rigid plus bike now instead when guiding most or the FS with more skilled/faster riders.
    Thanks for the tip Lynx! Totally makes sense about the rerouting, I didn't even think of that. But the bike was a blast when I went up to Big Bear last weekend with some buddies, Made it down Fall Line, my first black diamond trail without falling and only put a foot down once or twice. Still working on my form as I have a tendency to tense my body up through rock gardens and chunk. I notice a huge difference when I loosen up though, the bike is totally capable of it though and I can grow into it to unleash it's full potential for sure. I do however want to find some 2.6" tires to throw on it or maybe a plus size set of 650b's...