New FS frame from Banshee?

15K views 76 replies 38 participants last post by  eeyore2012 
#1 ·
Anyone got a clue about this?
Is it a Banshee after all?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
uh.. If that's the future i'll miss the beautiful linearity of actual KS link.....going in the mass of rotating links, hoping is not for just accommodating a water bottle!!!!!
I'd rather like a similar to YETI design, keeping direct swingarm push and bottle room.

#11 ·
Had to turn the pic a quarter and ... whaaaaat?!?? New frame? Whaaat? Waterbottle in the frame ... whaaat? Internal cable routing ... whaaat?? :yikes::yikes::yikes:
Well - I think I like it a lot, as it still has many of the Banshee trademarks!
There´s still interchangeable dropout-option, external cable routing, plus added internal routing - well done.
Not sure if this can be called KS-Link anymore, because the shock is now linkage-driven instead of direct driven by the rear-triangle. The good thing about vertical shock design is that super low center of gravity and yep ... room for bottles, swat-stuff and what not. The lower mini-link looks much shorter than the previous one and the complete linkage/bb-area screams durability and stiffness. :thumbsup:

Attachments

#15 ·
Wow I need more info... I was thinking about selling my Warden to buy a 29er and the Banshee could be THE one!! Just need a raw one :p By looking at the rear suspension, do you think it will be plush? Pedal well? If both answers are ''yes'' and the geo is not too extreme, I would be really interrested!! :D

Where this picture's coming from?!

#18 ·
Hope it is somewhere between 145/160mm rear and 160/170 front. Raw, 150/160mm of plush travel, climbs relatively well and normal geo (nothing too low, long and slack) would be a dream come true for me!

I hope we'll have news soon cause I've got some bikes that I want to demo and if I fall in love well... I will not wait a year or two just in case! :(

#20 ·
Intriguing. Can't say I'm excited to see a linkage-driven vertical shock, but if Keith designed it, my expectation is that it will pedal very well. I've been wondering what Banshee has been cooking up as it has been kind of quiet for a while. I was thinking a Prime with a 1" increase in reach and maybe the ability to take a 3" tire could be my last bike. But we will just have to wait and see what this latest creation is!

#24 ·
Wow I really like the new look of this Banshee bike! Make it as shiny as the Paradox!! :D

I am not sure anymore about a 29er... Pretty sure I would looove the Bronson and I just saw a really cheap new frame so I'm excited but would prefer to own a Banshee than a ****ing Santa Cruz like everybody has! Don't know what to do.. :(

You guys talked about the Legend 29 a while ago and it's still not on their website! Only some xl pre production frames so I'm afraid it could be lonnnggg before this new bike is available to us!! :(

#27 ·
I also like the grey but if I buy a Banshee, it got to be raw!! I already have a grey warden but wanted a raw frame so bad!

Not too familiar with fox fork but I would say that it looks like 150mm max? Also a 60mm (?) stem so doesn't sound like a real big long travel enduro bike... maybe 140/150mm and doesn't take more than 29x2.5''? That tire seems to be pretty tight already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.