• 01-30-2016
    Michael.oakes4
    New 2016 spitfire - stack height?
    Nearly finished the buld below (pics to come dont worry).

2016 spitfire, 650b, avalanche pikes, avalanche monarch plus, dt swiss Ex1501 wheelset, renthal carbon bars, duo stem. Xt 11 speed full groupset. Reverb stealth.

The stack height is probably an inch lower than my last bike (intense t275c).
    I'm 6 foot 1 with a 33 inseem on a large if thats relevent. Should i run 2 inches of spacers under the stem to get to my old stack height, or embrace the spitfire which is obviously supposed to have a low front end?

Any other tips for a first time banshee rider/owner?

Test ride in the mornig :-)
  • 01-30-2016
    Samos
    Hi Michael.

I would first try it with the low end. I mean don't cut the steerer tube of your fork shorter than it was on your previous bike, put the stem as low as possible and add as many spacers as needed.
    Try it like that, ride a few times, and if it's ok you cancer the forks steerer tube. If not, put at first one spacer under the stem and ride. And so on....

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
  • 01-30-2016
    schnee
    Or, get a taller riser bar.
  • 02-09-2016
    cooldaddy
    I wouldn't make any decisions based on stack height based on paper/static only. Depending on what your previous bike was, the bb might be quite a bit lower once you've got sag dialed in and that might make the front feel taller too. You might end up lowering your front as a result. I do feel that Banshee uses too short a head tube on the larger sizes, I'm 6'2" on an XL with a one inch spacer under my stem, with a low riser bar.