Need Help Finding V1 Spitfire Bushings or the newer Keronite Axle kit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Need Help Finding V1 Spitfire Bushings or the newer Keronite Axle kit

Without doing the proper research I bought a 2011 Spitfire frame from Evilbay . The frame looks new but has a little play in the bushings. I tried Banshee but they passed me off to a local dealer who isn't local to me and doesn't return calls. Can anyone tell me where to find a kit? I have seen posts on the Rune bushing numbers but not the Spity. Thanks.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    They are Igus bushings. Pull them out and measure them. You can order them from an Igus supplier.

FWIW I never had an issue with the bushings on my Rune and it was a very very early bike. It might be a little more labor intensive but it's not rocket science.

Start Here:
    igus® Plastic Plain Bearings: iglide® G300
    igus® Plastic Plain Bearings: iglide® J

mtbr member
    I was going to measure them but wasn't sure how exact it would be to measure used bushings. I have little history on the frame other than it was a supposed back up frame that was used a few times around the park. Thanks for the help Acme, ill give it a go.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that they are stock bushing sizes, so find one that matches. The measurements that matter most ore the od, I'd, and flange thickness. You can always cut them shorter if you find some that match everywhere but are too long.

mtbr member
    Order directly through IGUS, 1 set will be about $15 + shipping. I ordered 4 sets for around $60 shipped(it's been a while so the $$ are approximate).

LFM-1517-17 (2x at main BB pivot)
    LFM-1214-17 (4x - 2 at chain stay pivot, 2 at seat tube rocker pivot)
    LFM-0810-04 (4x at seat stay pivots)

Main Pivot bushing is 15mm ID, 17mm OD-17mm L

HTH

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help guys. I will place my order with IGUS. I would still like to get my hands on that upgraded axle kit though.

Hard funkin Kraut
    Have you get in contact with Banshee? Possibly they still have these axle-kits available ...

mtbr member
    I have a couple of times. They never acknowledged my request for the axle kit. I was either passed off to a not so local shop who didn't return my request or I was told they wanted to look into getting me into a KS link. Never heard about the latter after that. They had me send in pics of my frame and serial number. I was dealing with Dennis I believe.

Hard funkin Kraut
    Ah ok. Maybe there are no axle-kits available anymore ... ?!?
    But as others have mentioned: If the axle is fine you only need the IGUS bushings, as torsp has posted!

mtbr member
    I was under the impression the kit was more of a fix for the pivots wearing quick. It also protected the frame from damage. I'm a heavy dude so I go for strong parts lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    One of the distributors appears to have everything you need in stock:
    Banshee - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham WA
    I also ordered bushings directly from IGUS as suggested, without any issues.
    I'm just glad I switched to a V2 so I don't have to deal with that crap any longer.

mtbr member
    That's odd, I tried them and the site said out of stock or no longer available. I see they don't sell just the bushing kit. Is this kit the upgraded one I wonder? I can't justify dropping the cash on a V2 frame as I don't get out to ride much lately. Maybe if this frame works out for me I'll take the plunge and upgrade. I've always been a single pivot kinda guy so this should be interesting.Thanks for your help cooldaddy!

mtbr member
    I just took apart the axles and bushings and found side to side play in the pivot axle above the BB. The axle looked ok with just a little wear in the finish on one end. The bushings didn't look bad either. It almost seems like there should be a Teflon washer in there. I'm not sure if this means I have one of the shabby QC bikes or not. The other axle on the link had more finish wear on it. I'm just not sure what to do with this frame now. It looks immaculate on the surface.

FM
    mtbr member
    Far as the bushings, I would also recommend calling Igus direct. They have multiple part numbers that represent the same part dimensionally in different hardness options, or in different countries... so they should be able to get you sorted. Just beware most of their calls are probably wholesale accounts placing big orders... I think they were surprised when I only ordered $100.

mtbr member
    I may just throw it back together and sell it. I have plastic wear washers from work I could use to take up any slack. I think I am done with Banshee. Thanks for everyone's help.

mtbr member
    After thinking about it, I will order the bushings and ride it like it is. I also have an 08 Cannondale Prophet that has never failed me so I will continue to use that as my heavy duty bike and just use the Banshee for my granny rides like Rail Trail stuff. I don't feel right about passing the problem to someone else. For the record I think it sucks that bike companies only help the original owner. If a frame has a design flaw that warrants replacement or adjustments then it shouldn't matter who owns it at that time. A bad frame is a bad frame. Now you just end up getting more bad press and losing another customer.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hey Leadsled70,
    I have just caught-up on your thread. Sorry to hear that the dealer that you were referred to didn't answer your calls. Please send a new email to [email protected]
    I'd like to circle back around on your issue and see if we can find a proper solution.
    Thanks!