LOVE: Banshee Customer Service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

LOVE: Banshee Customer Service

What a great company! Week before last while doing my first ever bushing replacement I discovered some alignment issues with my frame. I emailed Keith and in a few days he told me they would warranty the Frame. He put me in contact with Jordan at Trident Sports.

I was really starting to freak out on how much time it was going to take to get a replacement because I have a big MTB trip next week and seeing as how the Rune is my only bike I was afraid I was going to miss out. According to Jordan the standard way they handle warranties is for the frame to be sent to them and inspected before a warranty claim would be granted. That could take a long time.

After explaining my circumstances Jordan agreed to send me a frame out today on good faith without me even having shipped mine yet. And it will be here on Wednesday! Granted I just got back from shipping the defective frame back(Shipping to Canada SUCKS!!).

I have to say this is above and beyond what is required and I am very glad I purchased a Banshee. Frame issues aside I am glad I went with this company. Good CS is a very sticky point with me and it is great to see a company sticking by their products with out any BS. Kudos to Banshee and Trident. If I am ever up in BC I owe you guys a beer. If Banshee ever does a redesign of the Rune ( Hint Hint...think of a beefed up Prime frame made for 26 inch wheels and slack angles) I will definitely be in line for another one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    What a great company! Week before last while doing my first ever bushing replacement I discovered some alignment issues with my frame. I emailed Keith and in a few days he told me they would warranty the Frame. He put me in contact with Jordan at Trident Sports.

I was really starting to freak out on how much time it was going to take to get a replacement because I have a big MTB trip next week and seeing as how the Rune is my only bike I was afraid I was going to miss out. According to Jordan the standard way they handle warranties is for the frame to be sent to them and inspected before a warranty claim would be granted. That could take a long time.

After explaining my circumstances Jordan agreed to send me a frame out today on good faith without me even having shipped mine yet. And it will be here on Wednesday! Granted I just got back from shipping the defective frame back(Shipping to Canada SUCKS!!).

I have to say this is above and beyond what is required and I am very glad I purchased a Banshee. Frame issues aside I am glad I went with this company. Good CS is a very sticky point with me and it is great to see a company sticking by their products with out any BS. Kudos to Banshee and Trident. If I am ever up in BC I owe you guys a beer. If Banshee ever does a redesign of the Rune ( Hint Hint...think of a beefed up Prime frame made for 26 inch wheels and slack angles) I will definitely be in line for another one.
    Nice to hear. Out of curiosity, how do you notice a frame being out of line. I am in the process of replacing my bushings now and just wondering what you notice to see that. Is it a certain wear on the bushings you notice?

mtbr member
    Nice Kevin, glad that they took care of you. I am lovin' my new Rune replacement frame as well, although I can't really ride it for another 4-6 months depending how my recovery goes since surgery 2 weeks ago to repair my knee. Shipping things to/from Canada does suck, I don't even now if my damaged frame even ever made it to them due to Canadian postal strike and what not. Jordan did the same and expidited out a frame to me as soon as he heard of the hold up at the border at that my package was sent back to the US.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    Nice to hear. Out of curiosity, how do you notice a frame being out of line. I am in the process of replacing my bushings now and just wondering what you notice to see that. Is it a certain wear on the bushings you notice?
    The rear triangle looked like it was welded by a drunken monkey with a crooked jig and the "boss" where the lower link connects to the frame wasn't straight. I know that the lower link boss and the BB are one piece but it looks like the hole for the axle was machined crooked. It became apparent when I tried to put everything back together and noticed that the top of the rear triangle did not line up with the rocker so I had to force everything back together.

Even with the bolts and axles completely loose it required a lot of force to cycle the suspension (with shock removed). On top of all of that the lower link connection on the rear triangle (ND side) was out of round and the key way had a bunch of slag hanging out of it that was digging into my bushings. I took measurements. Measurements aside it was crooked to the naked eye. I cant believe I never noticed before. Hell, if you stood far enough back you could see that my rear wheel was canted to one side. I took pictures and Keith squared me away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Nice Kevin, glad that they took care of you. I am lovin' my new Rune replacement frame as well, although I can't really ride it for another 4-6 months depending how my recovery goes since surgery 2 weeks ago to repair my knee. Shipping things to/from Canada does suck, I don't even now if my damaged frame even ever made it to them due to Canadian postal strike and what not. Jordan did the same and expidited out a frame to me as soon as he heard of the hold up at the border at that my package was sent back to the US.
    Looks like we are riding the same colored bike now. Hopefully your knee will heal good enough. It should. After a broken back and goofed up knees (I had my left one scoped) I am doing great considering. I just figure Ill pay for it later in life. That and I cant stand up straight for a bout a half hour in the morning. Just follow doctors orders and do your PT. PT sucks ASS but it is the best way to recover. Remember a nice pain killer and a tumbler of good scotch does wonders. When you feel up to hitting the trail hit me up.