Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020

Wow, so after all the IG-fuzz here it is, the bike I have been waiting for 2 years!!

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/banshee-rune-v3-titan/

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It is interesting, and I'd like a chance to demo one. A LT Prime was on my wishlist for a while now. Some aspects I like and others I'll need to warm up to.

The rear triangle looks like a Giant Reign, albeit with adjustable dropouts.
    And does the trunnion mount mean the shock gets more exposed to side loads? I'm not an engineer so am genuinely asking.

Either way, they've been busy!

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    If someone could build this up with a 180mm front fork and a coil... and tell me how sweet it is... thanks!
    2018 Banshee Rune
    2019 Knolly Fugitive ST
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2013 Raleigh RX

flailer
    Sep 2012
    I just ordered one.
    XL in red, no shock.

I won't have the funds to complete the build until spring, but at least I'll have the frame. I plan to set it up with a 170mm Fox 36 with a Push ASC coil and a coil shock for the rear. My rune has this same fork (but as a 27.5) and a Fox DHX2 coil shock. It works quite well on the rune, so eager to try this combo on the titan.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '91 Specialized Allez Epic Carbon

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    I just ordered one.
    XL in red, no shock.

I won't have the funds to complete the build until spring, but at least I'll have the frame. I plan to set it up with a 170mm Fox 36 with a Push ASC coil and a coil shock for the rear. My rune has this same fork (but as a 27.5) and a Fox DHX2 coil shock. It works quite well on the rune, so eager to try this combo on the titan.
    Coil front and rear, oh my! Sounds scary fast!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Sounds awesome! A few reviews will start rolling out soon so keep an eye online. The initial production run is pretty much sold out but we are taking pre orders for the next December drop in a few months. Hopefully I will have demo going to Qld and Adelaide by then too 🤘
    Cheers Rushy
    Banshee dealer Australia
    Www.rushys.com.au

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Managed to bag a raw large from dirt merchant - thanks!

Just got to pin down the spec now. Thinking xt8100 group and maybe a Mezzer if I can get the 42 offset which seems rare. Will 51 not work?

Also did you do any mullet testing in development? Iím sure its best as banshee intended, but the geo does look like it could suit a 27.5 in the back in the high setting with a 170 fork.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    I know the mullet set up on the paradox has some good results when the trail gets rowdy. It seems a personal thing though. Best thing is to try it out when sheís built up. Even if you know someone with a 27.5 compatible boost rear wheel you can borrow so you donít have to lay out cash on a wheel unless you like it 👌 (PS the raw is an awesome choice !)

flailer
    Sep 2012
    My raw large (lol - sounds a little raunchy) Titan frame is also coming form dirt merchant. Evan is super easy going and patient with fools like me who struggle with making up one's mind.

At any rate, my build plan is:
    -Fox 36 grip 2 170mm travel fork with 44mm offset and a Push ACS coil
    conversion
    -Fox DHX2 coil shock, 500lb coil
    -Race Face Next carbon cranks with Wheels Mfg BB
    -Shimano XT8100 12spd group w/51t cassette
    -DT Swiss XM521 front and XM481 rim combo w/350 hubs
    -TRP Quadiem G-spec 4 piston brakes w/ 203mm front and 185mm rear rotors
    -KS Lev 150mm dropper
    -Diety bladerunner flat pedals
    -Spec saddle and carbon bar
    -ODI Rogue grips

My Rune has a lot of these same parts and they work very well together.

It's getting spendy, but it should be sendy when done! Since the Rune is a 27.5 bike, it's an easy step to try the mullet option

I can't wait to get this beast built!
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Nice one, sounds like a sweet build!

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Any ride reports from folks here yet? I've seen a few things on Instagram indicating that bikes are arriving with customers, but still no other reviews to compare to other than what's in Spoke Mag.

Gloworm Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by zhendo View Post
    Any ride reports from folks here yet? I've seen a few things on Instagram indicating that bikes are arriving with customers, but still no other reviews to compare to other than what's in Spoke Mag.
    I'm the Distributor in NZ and the bike on the Youtube video is our demo bike/my bike

In bullet points my impressions are:

1. Pedals very well, not just for a 155 29er but well. My last regular bike was a Prime V2. This pedals better than the prime and the spitfire V2.

2. It descends with controlled aggression. I've spent plenty of kms on the legend, rune and prime - the Titan descends better than V2 models and is as close to a DH bike without having a bike that is cumbersome.

3. Off the top plushness blows your mind. Even with 240psi the thing moves without much input.

4. Remains playful even with all that squish. Yes it is a 29er with 155mm travel but keith has done really well balancing opposing forces to create a beast that can party.

5. Its comfortable to ride. From the second you sit on the saddle it feels good. I didnt feel that same instant comfort with the V2s. Don't get me wrong they were and are very good bikes but the Titan is next level.

I've got 2 customers on them at the moment so will try to get some audio about how they feel. I'll post it on the Banshee Bike NZ facebook page.

Cheers!

B

Gloworm Lights - 'Create Your Escape'
    High End LED Light Designer - New Zealand

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    I'm the Distributor in NZ and the bike on the Youtube video is our demo bike/my bike

In bullet points my impressions are:

1. Pedals very well, not just for a 155 29er but well. My last regular bike was a Prime V2. This pedals better than the prime and the spitfire V2.

2. It descends with controlled aggression. I've spent plenty of kms on the legend, rune and prime - the Titan descends better than V2 models and is as close to a DH bike without having a bike that is cumbersome.

3. Off the top plushness blows your mind. Even with 240psi the thing moves without much input.

4. Remains playful even with all that squish. Yes it is a 29er with 155mm travel but keith has done really well balancing opposing forces to create a beast that can party.

5. Its comfortable to ride. From the second you sit on the saddle it feels good. I didnt feel that same instant comfort with the V2s. Don't get me wrong they were and are very good bikes but the Titan is next level.

I've got 2 customers on them at the moment so will try to get some audio about how they feel. I'll post it on the Banshee Bike NZ facebook page.

Cheers!

B

Good to know. My frame is supposed to come tomorrow. Iíll try to get it built up quick and get a ride in on it.

flailer
    Sep 2012
    Mine should be shipping out next week. I have all the parts accumulated and will work to it built up as quickly as possible!
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Having trouble but trying to post pics. Hopefully it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-e24eded6-a6e4-4b19-aac4-9eb82532917d.jpg  

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-367cb35b-61a0-4005-84cf-1e10867b49f0.jpg  

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-ff9e6ef3-0977-4cd3-bfe7-bc0fc4babbea.jpg  

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-88d30043-9fff-475b-b7f9-b3531a94234f.jpg  

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-cb5be077-617e-4dd8-ac58-b75b2d182c7f.jpg  

flailer
    Sep 2012
    wow looks really nice. You went the X-large route? I was almost going to go that way but settled on a large frame because the dimensions seemed to match my current X-large rune V2 the closest.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    wow looks really nice. You went the X-large route? I was almost going to go that way but settled on a large frame because the dimensions seemed to match my current X-large rune V2 the closest.
    I did. Getting to ride Longer new geo on other bikes changed my perspective on bike sizing.

mtbr member
    Does anybody have a preference on the Titan, coil or air shock?

Also, any word if Push will offer an 11-6 for the Titan?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Any one know if a 29 x 3.0 would fit in the back with the longer drop outs?

I did see a spec that said max 2.8...
    Ď19 LenzSport Lunchbox 29+
    Ď19 Trek Full Stache 8 29+
    Ď18 Marin Wolf Ridge Pro
    '17 Specialized Enduro 29 S-Works

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitus View Post
    Having trouble but trying to post pics. Hopefully it works.
    Hawt!

flailer
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Does anybody have a preference on the Titan, coil or air shock?

Also, any word if Push will offer an 11-6 for the Titan?
    I've been riding my Rune with a DHX2 coil and it's been awesome. I spec'd my Titan with the same shock (and coil converted Fox 36 fork).

I'm sure Push will do the 11-6 for a Titan because the Transition Patrol uses the same design shock and they offer one for that bike (both use the metric trunnion mount). It's just a function of tuning.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I asked Push about their HC97 and also mentioned that I was deciding between another Sentinel or the Titan, and they said that they are going to be bringing the Titan in late this year/early next to decide whether to develop a tune. I assume part of the decision will hinge around how many of these bikes Banshee ends up selling.

On a related note, I just placed an order for a black Titan. Wanted the raw, but its sold out in Large through February, and I'm impatient. Plus, didn't realize that the black frame is anodized - I haven't seen an ano frame in-person in years since companies have gotten cheap and gone with wet paint for the most part, but man I'm stoked.

Braaap

The raw has a beautiful tinted clear coat finish, same as the Paradox, but I still wish it was true raw aluminum. You can't go wrong with Banshee's classic black anodizing!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

flailer
    Sep 2012
    Mine was delivered today (looks a lot like the one in that pic, except for the shock). It's gorgeous. The pics don't do it any justice. The fabrication work is over the top amazing. Can't wait to get it built up and on the trail!
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post

The raw has a beautiful tinted clear coat finish, same as the Paradox, but I still wish it was true raw aluminum. You can't go wrong with Banshee's classic black anodizing!
    What size is that?

Braaap
    Size large
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Size large
    Thanks, considering a medium. Had a medium Prime which I loved, but was stolen from my garage last Feb. Currently riding a medium OGHT...but suddenly have upgraditis!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    What's the brake routing like on these new bikes? Trying to figure out how much of a PITA I'm in for when I sprint to build my new frame up on Thursday...

flailer
    Sep 2012
    It's a bit of a pain. I had to disconnect the line for the rear brake from the lever and feed it up through the frame, only to find out the hose is too short. I order a new hose kit that's longer to solve for this, and will then have to do a full bleed.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Beautiful frame.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Wow...killer looking frame. I've been wanting a raw frame since I first saw Cannondale's road frames in 2007. If Banshee ever revises the Spitfire with a raw frame...I might have to get one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That looks lovely, and I'm very partial to Banshee's raw finish. I still prefer the look of the Prime but would very much like to try riding this given the geo and travel.

Braaap
    Hard to keep these on hand long enough to snap a picture! Here's a medium anodized black frame.
    Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-p5pb17855821.jpg
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hard to keep these on hand long enough to snap a picture! Here's a medium anodized black frame.
    I thought I wanted raw...now I'm conflicted! What is on the top of the top tube? This shot: https://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/...10867b49f0.jpg

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    I thought I wanted raw...now I'm conflicted! What is on the top of the top tube? This shot: https://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/...10867b49f0.jpg
    Same decals, glossy black on top of the "matte" anodized black. Black on black. The frame pictured is the last medium available until February.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Same decals, glossy black on top of the "matte" anodized black. Black on black. The frame pictured is the last medium available until February.
    It's coming my way!

flailer
    Sep 2012

Built up

Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020-bbfd78b1-7038-4acb-bf68-6769afb962cf.jpg
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    You beat me to it. I'm still waiting on parts .Hopefully will be done tomorrow. I have the same color. It looks good. You'll have to post up what you think about the coil shock. Have you ridden it yet?

flailer
    Sep 2012
    Today is itís maiden trip. Iíll let you know how it goes.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Man, if I wasn't so stoked on the Ripmo, I'd be buying one of these. Beautiful rig. Can't wait to hear some ride feedback.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I got my titan assembled today. Got to bop around the neighborhood with it. First thing I notice is the rear suspension is much more plush then my prime. Not sure how many spacers come in the shock, but will be interested to see how it holds up in its travel on big hits. I seem to need to load a shock full of spacers to keep from blowing through its travel on my past bikes.
    I sized up to an xl. I wanted a bigger bike. My prime was a large. XL is bigger, about 2 in longer than prime, but feels fine. I put a 30mm stem and slammed an sq lab all the way forward. Reach feels fine. Titan feels noticeably different than my prime. I also squeezed a 180mm oneup dropper post in the frame and it feels fine at full extension as well. So far I'm happy with it. I will say I'm not really a fan of the internally routed brake line. I got it in without to much trouble though. I can't wait to dial it in more!

flailer
    Sep 2012
    First ride in the books. Broke it in properly with a ride in White Ranch, which is a network of trails near Golden, CO. The group I was with did Long Horn, which is the techy, chunky decent with tons of water bars and rocks to drop down. This bike is amazing. Compared to my rune v2 itís very controllable and I felt like I could pick my lines and hold them. The rune just smashes down stuff. The rear suspension with the coil was incredibly easy to dial in and itís insanely smooth. This bike can absolutely climb like a goat. So glad I went with this bike. Canít wait to get out again and learn how to really ride it. Well done Banshee.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    actually... we might have more stock available early December... working on it!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog