Banshee Titan LT 29er 2020 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'm 185cm tall and on a Large, and I compensated for the slightly shorter reach relative to my Sentinel (470 vs. 485mm) with a slightly longer stem and have no issues. I'm running a 50mm stem and find no compromise relative to the 40mm on my Sentinel.

Important factor to think about isn't just reach, but the longer chainstay. The wheelbase on this bike is quite long, and the large is already longer than my Sentinel was. I honestly wouldn't want anything much longer for where I live (PNW), and the fit is quite comfortable.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Thanks. I was most concerned about a tight seated cockpit for climbing. Sounds like a longer stem and maybe bumping the seat back will solve for it.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Very similar here... 6foot 1 with a 33inseem and long arms. I followed the banshee advice and went large and couldnít be happier. 50mm stem doesnít feel like a compromise. My last bike was a latge mondraker, 500mm reach and although Iíve always liked long bikes i couldnít be happier with the sizing on the titan.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Thanks. The box is in my living room. Unfortunately, Iím at work for a few more hours.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Q regarding cable routing. I ran brake and shifter as outlined by Keith earlier in the thread. Itís a tight fit, but straightforward. The dropper routing is pretty fiddly. Are folks following the example and routing the dropper housing under the lower shock eyelet and then back up the down tube?

Creates a tight bend in the housing and itís tough to push back through once the post (Fox Transfer) if attached.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Q regarding cable routing. I ran brake and shifter as outlined by Keith earlier in the thread. Itís a tight fit, but straightforward. The dropper routing is pretty fiddly. Are folks following the example and routing the dropper housing under the lower shock eyelet and then back up the down tube?

Creates a tight bend in the housing and itís tough to push back through once the post (Fox Transfer) if attached.
    That's the method I used and it has worked fine. It's fiddly, but you shouldn't be uninstalling your dropper on any sort of frequent basis, so not a huge deal IMO.

Easiest approach for me was to uninstall the shock - gives a lot more room for cable install, and simply pushing the shock back into place will help with the dropper cable and prevent any cable binding during install.

flailer
    Sep 2012
    ^^ Same here. All of the cables/lines run under the shock eyelet and over the BB, except for the dropper cable which goes straight up into the seat tube. I am using a one-up dropper which made for some interesting adjustments but once it's all in there, it's good to go and works great.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '91 Specialized Allez Epic Carbon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12