Banshee Paradox Sizing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Banshee Paradox Sizing?

I'm thinking about building up a Banshee Paradox and use it as an all mountain and occasional shuttle bike.

I've got a great Jamis Dakota 29er that's set up as a 1X9 that will continue to serve as my all day cross country rig.

Given the fact that I'm looking at the Paradox serving a more aggressive role, I'm on the fence as to whether I should order a medium instead of a large.

I am just under 6 foot and weigh somewhere in the 190s depending on time of year and level of activity. I can hit 200 but lately I've been good about staying around 196.

My inseam is 32. I've got long arms. My Jamis Dakota is a large which I think is a 20inch.

I'm really really nervous about buying a medium frame sight unseen. Any advice on sizing? Should I just play it safe and get a large?

err, 27.5+
    Seems like a lot of people are sizing down on their Paradox builds. Personally I kept in check with my other frames with respect to the top tube effective length. But I found that I use about a 40-50mm shorter stem to make things snappy and responsive. I am a short legged long torso/arms at 6'3" and went with the XL. For me the fit is perfect with the stock post, seat to the rear offset, and a 65mm stem. Comfortable enough to ride everywhere, yet very fun trail characteristics.

If you intend to only use the bike for more aggressive riding, then the smaller size is appropriate. However if you want to use it as a do-all, then I would recommend the longer frame
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I'm just starting to get back into bikes now that my kids are starting to ride--has really re-kindled my interest.

I like the idea of a 29er HT, and the Banshee is on my list. I want something rugged and do-it-all, and everything I've read leads me to believe that a Banshee or similar would suit me well.

I'm 6ft 1.5 inches tall/34 inseam. I'm torn between large and xtra large, but it may com down to what I can find used. Thoughts on the size?

mtbr member
    I'm 5'10"+ on a medium 1st gen (32 inseam, long arms, short torso). The TT is actually fairly short for a medium. I'm running an 80mm stem with 710mm bars but it feels fine, actually feels really good. Also running a setback post, been meaning to try it with a straight (thinking dropper) but haven't had the chance. Anyway, by inference, I might be on the upper end of the medium. I do prefer a smaller frame in general FWIW. At your height, You'd be all in with the Large but depends on if you'd rather be cramped or stretched. At my height, I'm in between almost anything made, so it's a constant challenge!

I'm a huge fan of the current crop of short-stay HT's. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of them. You could try a Stache, Mason, or Honzo for a idea how it'll work for you?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks. I emailed Banshee as well, and they also suggested the large. Hoping to find a Honzo or Stache on a shop floor somewhere nearby.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPChilliwack View Post
    Thanks. I emailed Banshee as well, and they also suggested the large. Hoping to find a Honzo or Stache on a shop floor somewhere nearby.
    The Nimble 9 has a slightly longer TT than the Paradox according to the charts, if you find one of those. If you've got a Scott dealer around, the Scale 900's have somewhat similar geo numbers to the paradox (more or less), although they'll have a 100mm fork probably. I do very much like the 120 on mine, takes just enough off.

Members who have read this thread: 1