2016 Banshee Updates- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

2016 Banshee Updates

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows when Banshee will be releasing the details for the frame updates and colours for the 2016 models? Maybe Keith might be able to give an indication. There are a couple of bike websites already talking about it so I'm guessing the information must be getting released soon.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Info will be released when the bikes start shipping, so late summer sort of time.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am guessing everything released will make my 2013 Prime that much more antiquated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Will there be any frame sizing updates eg. incremental stack increases from small to large and longer reach figures?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm gonna hold out and see if there's gonna be any changes. I like my rune so much, I won't buy another trail bike without seeing what's in store!

Hopefully shomething shweet!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am hoping for a burly full carbon rune with revised geometry for 650B only...
    untill that happens, I stick with my "old" Rune... now in ist 3rd season...

Here, diagonally!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I am guessing everything released will make my 2013 Prime that much more antiquated.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Prime is perfection - everything I ever wanted in a bike and nothing more. So I can't imagine what I would want them to change / improve. Ok, I guess the cable hold down's could be better...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    In my honest opinion the only really "useful" revision could be an updated geometry for 650B only on both Rune and Spitfire. This could mean regular 650B wheels (2.2-2.5) in short dropouts and B+ (-> 3.2?) with the slightly longer dropouts. If possible build one rear triangle with enough clearance for both B and B+, so the customer can decide which wheel size to go ...

I wouldn´t mind a slightly longer top tube and reach while slightly shorten seattube-length through each size ...

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I am hoping for a burly full carbon Spitfire with revised geometry for 650B only...
    untill that happens, I stick with my "old" Spitfire ... now in it´s 3rd season...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I never thought I would say this but the headtubes could also be a touch longer to avoid stacking spacers... everyone seems to go towards higher cockpits anyways...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    right, at least on the L and XL (I have a 1" spacer on my XL Spitfire)

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I never thought I would say this but the headtubes could also be a touch longer to avoid stacking spacers... everyone seems to go towards higher cockpits anyways...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I wouldn't mind dedicated geometry (no dropouts) and shorter chainstays. Kona has a pretty dialed geo right now. I ride a kona carbon operator for my dh and I love it. I test rode a 153 process, and it felt just as could as my dh. Long reach/short chain stays, whip through the corners and jumps great!

mtbr member
    Update the Paradox to a 142x12 back end and a shorter seat tube!
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    In my honest opinion the only really "useful" revision could be an updated geometry for 650B only on both Rune and Spitfire. This could mean regular 650B wheels (2.2-2.5) in short dropouts and B+ (-> 3.2?) with the slightly longer dropouts. If possible build one rear triangle with enough clearance for both B and B+, so the customer can decide which wheel size to go ...

I wouldn´t mind a slightly longer top tube and reach while slightly shorten seattube-length through each size ...

Yep, this.

Gloworm Lights
    Gloworm Lights - 'Create Your Escape'
    High End LED Light Designer - New Zealand

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Own a XL prime today. I'm 6´5 230lbs with a 39" inseam. I would love it if they increased the head tube with one inch and the seat tube by a half, or even one inch aswell.

*hint hint*

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'd wish for a dedicated 650B Rune with the BB lowered ~ 10mm. 650B Legend is already coming, so I'm almost pleased

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If dropouts were updated for a lowered 650B, keeping them backwards compatible with my Rune V2 would be ULTRA sweet. Asking a lot, but I'd be a happy camper .

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Only dropouts won`t cut the cake... the rest of the frame would be pretty slack in this case

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by daway View Post
    If dropouts were updated for a lowered 650B, keeping them backwards compatible with my Rune V2 would be ULTRA sweet. Asking a lot, but I'd be a happy camper .
    I don´t think that this could work!
    To get a dedicated geometry for 650B you have to overwork the frame´s tubing (both front- and rear-triangle), possibly a relocation of the pivots and so on ... especially if you want a lower bb-heigth but keeping the angles the same with 650B-specific forks, which have a higher a-2-c than 26" forks with same travel.
    Plus the dropouts have to work for all KS-Link Bikes, not only Rune and Spitfire ... !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlund View Post
    Own a XL prime today. I'm 6´5 230lbs with a 39" inseam. I would love it if they increased the head tube with one inch and the seat tube by a half, or even one inch aswell.

*hint hint*
    I own a XL Rune and I have precisely the same comment to make.

I would LOVE an extra 30mm reach, 30mm seat tube and 30mm in headtube.

I currently ride with 70mm stem, 45mm of spacers, fully extended seatpost and 180mm fork. I am 6'5" and 230lbs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    I own a XL Rune and I have precisely the same comment to make.

I would LOVE an extra 30mm reach, 30mm seat tube and 30mm in headtube.

I currently ride with 70mm stem, 45mm of spacers, fully extended seatpost and 180mm fork. I am 6'5" and 230lbs

Well....that would be called XXL !!

mtbr member
    May 2009

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    " ... 2016 Banshee bikes updates, including new colours and revised frames ... "

Sounds good in many ways ... infos should be coming in the next few weeks ...

mtbr member
    When Keith comes up with something similar to this it will be replacing my Spitfire, till than there is no better bike for me out there...

650B specific Spitfire (160mm fork)
    Size M/L
    To Fit Rider Height 176-184cm
    Seat Tube Length 455mm
    Effective Top Tube 610mm
    Wheel Base 1175mm
    Head Angle 65.5°
    BB Height 335mm
    Chainstay Length 425mm
    Head Tube Length 120mm
    Standover Height 700mm
    Max Tire Clearance 27.5" x 2.7"
    Reach 445mm
    Stack 610mm

PM brake mount for 180mm
    stealth dropper
    NO internal routing
    NO bottle mounts
    removable ISCG tabs
    Syntace X-12 standard
    31.6 seatube for 150mm droppers
    threaded BB

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    As someone looking to buy a Rune in the near future I'm really curious to see if the 2016 version will be based on 650b geometry. I'm also curious if it will be based on the whole "boost" system. If so I need to buy a 2015 Rune so I don't have to replace my wheel set, not necessarily a bad thing as I do love the orange paint job, but still waiting to make my decision is killing me!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I can almost guarantee that a dedicated 650B Banshee Rune will not be based on the "boost" system. Banshee always waits for customer feedback and does not adopt to fancy new stuff if there is no demand from us, the riders (anyone demanding for the boost system on a banshee rune?).
    But it's also possible that Banshee will continue to support interchangeable dropouts - you'd most likely get a boost option then.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    "Boost" can be easily done via specific dropouts. But this would only make sense if there´s a dedicated 650B geometry and a revised rear-triangle to take + tires.
    I think the demand for a dedicated 650B Spitfire and Rune with the current 142/150 dropouts is much much higher ...

As another idea:

What about a different/new cable-routing for those using a Front-Derailleur?
    I´ve done a different FD-routing mounting it on top of the downtube instead of under it (see attachment). It works troublefree and has an overall "cleaner" look. Now, with the brandnew generation of Shimanos FD´s the routing must be different anyways. For the "old" FD´s it could be the same like I did, just with triple-cable-tabs on the downtube and leave off the ones under the down tube.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Banshee Updates-foto.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Glad to hear that most you think they will stick with 142 dropouts! I would go from nearly 100% buying a 2015 or 2016 Rune to buying a Canfield Balance in an instant if they switched to boost as I have no desire to replace a high end wheel set!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Well....that would be called XXL !!
    And that is what we taller riders would like. Please Banshee..pwetty please?

Big Test Icycles
    I'll be buying a Spitfire this year and have no interest in the Boost system. I'm very interested in any new changes made to the frames but won't hesitate to buy a 15'

Mr. Knowitall
    I wouldn't mind 1/2 kilo less weight on the spitty as well as an even longer reach and taller stack for the Large. I feel I have outgrown my 2014 size L Spitty in one year. (although I am 35 years old)..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    I wouldn't mind 1/2 kilo less weight on the spitty as well as an even longer reach and taller stack for the Large. I feel I have outgrown my 2014 size L Spitty in one year. (although I am 35 years old)..
    ^^ this!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I would wish that the DARKSIDE gets the same steep seatangle than the RUNE. So this would be great for Trail & Uphill riding as well!! Actual seatangle of the Darkside is too slack for any uphill attempts!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The Darkside is a dedicated parkbike... so I wouldn`t bother to make it any more "tourable"... there is the Rune and Spitfire for that!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    and longer reach.

mtbr member
    Why? 142 is nothing better than 135, if they're going to update it, they should go either straight to the new 148 BOOST or to 157, but to me BOOST 148 would make much more sense. As to shorten the ST, well yeah, I guess they could, but I think what you meant was lower the stand over and that can be done without lowering the ST, just use a brace like they do on the FS models.

As to longer REACH, yeah, I think they could push that out a bit since the XL Paradox's Reach is actually the same as the Large Phantom. Think maybe they could add 10-15mm to the XL and about 8-10mm for the Large.

If we're talking wishes for the Paradox, then make it a 650B+ capable frame (maybe 29+), I think that would add so much to it, definitely the extra cush to help ease your back from how stiff it is. Stick to a 2x able setup though and with the new Shimano FDs that very possible since all the business now resides in the front of the ST instead of behind - according to Shimano gives 15mm more clearance behind the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky99 View Post
    and longer reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Why? 142 is nothing better than 135
    It actually is: the grooves make wheel installation easier, and TA makes it both stiffer and more consistent. Whether it is useful on a hardtail is another story.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Really looking forward to the finalized Legend. I've been grappling the idea of a dedicated DH rig for a while now. Then I go ride my MY15 Rune on DH tracks keeping up with buddies on Jedi's, 951's etc and wonder what sort of a monster that new legend is going to be and whether or not the speed that bike will provide is a wise decision for my health !

mtbr member
    For those who have trouble installing without the slots, yeah. As to TA is stronger, they make 135mm 12mm TA and you can also use a 10mm TA in slotted drops, as good as you need rigidity wise. 142 adds NOTHING to the Paradox, 148 Boost/150(7) would add clearance from tyre/chain and allow for fatter tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    It actually is: the grooves make wheel installation easier, and TA makes it both stiffer and more consistent. Whether it is useful on a hardtail is another story.
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Why? 142 is nothing better than 135, if they're going to update it, they should go either straight to the new 148 BOOST or to 157, but to me BOOST 148 would make much more sense. As to shorten the ST, well yeah, I guess they could, but I think what you meant was lower the stand over and that can be done without lowering the ST, just use a brace like they do on the FS models.
    Removable dropout like the FS bikes would solve all that axle business.

No I meant the seat tube. My XL frame would be cut down if it wasn't for the warranty. At 6'4" I cant run a 150mm dropper cause the seat tube is that long. The XL's have a longer seat tube and then a gusset from the top tube. It appears the rear upper chainstay is different on them as well.

2016 Banshee Updates-796095d1367683406-banshee-paradox-comp-weight-1x10.2.jpg

2016 Banshee Updates-831274d1378951253-roll-call-how-bigga-boy-ya-what-bike-do-you-ride-img_0327-640x480-.jpg

mtbr member
    Yes it would, but it would also add quite a bit of weight to the frame and the Paradox frames are already quite heavy. I had asked about this as well.

Removable dropout like the FS bikes would solve all that axle business.
    Yes, I guess the ST is a bit long as I have a 35.25" inseam and on my XL only have about 7"/180mm of post exposed. Still think dropping the TT angle and giving more standover would be a good thing, give something closer to what the Phantom/Prime has - people who should ride a Medium can ride my XL Prime because the standover is so much

No I meant the seat tube. My XL frame would be cut down if it wasn't for the warranty. At 6'4" I cant run a 150mm dropper cause the seat tube is that long. The XL's have a longer seat tube and then a gusset from the top tube. It appears the rear upper chainstay is different on them as well.

mtbr member
    I don't disagree on lowering the TT it just bothers me I can't 150mm dropper in there. 150+ 20mm or so for the collar and you talking slammed minimum 170 of post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    any updates on 2016 banshee?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	831274d1378951253-roll-call-how-bigga-boy-ya-what-bike-do-you-ride-img_0327-640x480-.jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	286.2 KB 
ID:	995308
    You must have unusually short legs. I'm 6'2 with a 34 cycling inseam. I ran a 150mm KS Lev Integra dropper on my XL Phantom with plenty of room.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    You must have unusually short legs. I'm 6'2 with a 34 cycling inseam. I ran a 150mm KS Lev Integra dropper on my XL Phantom with plenty of room.
    FYI - XL Paradox has 22.5" seat tube length where as your XL Phantom has 21" seat tube length.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yowza. That's what I get for making assumptions. Please disregard my comments.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    To everyone talking about shorter chainstay length for the 650b version of the bikes. Have you tried 650B wheels with the 26" drops? I'm running a 650b 2.35 on wide carbon rims and it comfortably clears everywhere with the 26" drops.

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321 View Post
    To everyone talking about shorter chainstay length for the 650b version of the bikes. Have you tried 650B wheels with the 26" drops? I'm running a 650b 2.35 on wide carbon rims and it comfortably clears everywhere with the 26" drops.
    I can run Rock Razor 2.35" rear on my Spit, but thats has a bit tight clearance for my taste due to thrown gravel being smashed against the frame.

mtbr member
    It really depends on the tire from what I read.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Yeah I could see that. The lower bridge is the closest on mine. I was thinking about putting some helicopter tape on it.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yes, I´m running a Spitfire with 650B wheels in the 26 dropouts since early 2013. Tires are HansDampf 2.25 on WTB i23 rims and the tightest clearance (at the middle square brace) is 7mm. It´s about 5-6mm with a HighRoller II 2.3.

There´s a difference between Rune and Spitfire - they don´t share the same rear triangle! Rune has a slightly shorter CS-Length than the Spitfire, while having slightly longer Links. So the Spitfire seems to offer some very few millimeters more clearance than the Rune.

Talking full 650B for Rune and Spitfire hopefully means keeping the CS´s as short as with 26", but that will require a redesign of the rear-triangles to offer more adequate clearance for big 2.4/2.5 tires ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hope they don't do boost. Just ordered a bling wheelset for my future 2016 spitfire when they become available. Demo rode one up on some whistler trails and was sold. Super fun!

mtbr member
    Why not, it will just be a different drop out configuration to add to the already 135x10, 142x12 and 150x12 options already offered because of the replaceable drop out design of all current FS Banshees. This is the beauty of owning a Banshee, you are future proofed for pretty much anything that comes along

Quote Originally Posted by wfo922 View Post
    Hope they don't do boost. Just ordered a bling wheelset for my future 2016 spitfire when they become available. Demo rode one up on some whistler trails and was sold. Super fun!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Why not, it will just be a different drop out configuration to add to the already 135x10, 142x12 and 150x12 options already offered because of the replaceable drop out design of all current FS Banshees. This is the beauty of owning a Banshee, you are future proofed for pretty much anything that comes along
    Exactly!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    +1. Was a big selling point for me!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Oh no

If you want some update, buy zero dish hub that support 6-7 SPD cassette. Thats would be some update.

Boost is so ridiculous, oh good..

I fix choppers

There isn't much to ask for...

...from me at least. I have a '14 Rune. It really does everything (climbing, yes like mad; descending, duh; handling, etc.) exceptionally well. I have mine built with heavy duty carbon wheels, a SixC crankset, DB Air, Pike, 1X10 drivetrain, Reverb stealth, Speshy tires and it weighs in at 32 lbs. The only thing that would make this rig any better would be less weight. A carbon or half carbon version would likely put the weight with a non-ridiculous build below 30 lbs. I have ridden lower weight bikes that cost much more and don't ride nearly as well. Still, a lighter weight Rune would mop up all the rest of the Enduro players with ease.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Looking into getting a Phantom, so subscribing to this thread.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I have just been to my local shop to order my new Prime as they are one of the dealers of Banshee. Guy made a call and they should be out for backorders in 4-6 weeks. Seen all new frames and colour schemes and they are looking sweeeet I have to say but no polished alloy for 2016 I ordered matte black with bright green. Can't wait

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi!
    Did you see new geometry specs ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushcat View Post
    Hi!
    Did you see new geometry specs ?
    All I've found is this:

2016 banshee bikes, rune, spitfire, paradox, darkside, legend, amp, prime | Shropshire Hills Mountain Bike and Outdoor Pursuit Centre

I'm keen on a Rune, but would like to see better pics of the new colours!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by field_c View Post
    All I've found is this:

2016 banshee bikes, rune, spitfire, paradox, darkside, legend, amp, prime | Shropshire Hills Mountain Bike and Outdoor Pursuit Centre

I'm keen on a Rune, but would like to see better pics of the new colours!
    Thank you for answer!
    I copied info for easy access

2016 Banshee Rune

Geometry is now optimised for 27.5 wheels and ergonomic updates for better weight distribution.

- Longer top tube and reach in all sizes.

- 0.5deg slacker head angle

- 0.5deg steeper seat angle on Small and Medium, 1.0deg on Large and Extra Large

- Splined ISCG tabs (like 2015 Darkside)

- Lower Standover

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

- Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch Plus shock option

Name:  16RUNE-475x143.jpg
Views: 5964
Size:  13.9 KB

2016 Banshee Spitfire

Geometry also optimised for 27.5 wheels and ergonomic updates for better weight distribution.

- Longer top tube for small and medium sizes

- 0.5deg steeper seat angle on Small and Medium, 1.0deg on Large and Extra Large

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

- Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch option

Name:  16SPITFIRE-475x142.jpg
Views: 5277
Size:  12.1 KB

2016 Banshee Prime

Geometry has been adjusted for a more aggressive body position and better weight distribution.

- Longer top tube and reach in all sizes.

- 0.5deg slacker head angle

- Longer head tube on larger frames

- Lower Standover

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

- Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch Plus option

Name:  16PRIME-475x148.jpg
Views: 5574
Size:  13.1 KB

2016 Banshee Phantom

New in 2015, minor improvements for 2016.

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

- Splined ISCG tabs (like Darkside)

- Now with Debonair Monarch

Name:  16PHANTOM-475x141.jpg
Views: 4544
Size:  13.7 KB

2016 Banshee Paradox

Has been tested to fit 27.5+ wheels and tyres.

2016 Banshee Amp

No change

Name:  16AMP-475x216.jpg
Views: 5133
Size:  14.7 KB

2016 Banshee Legend

The uncompromising downhill race bike, and completely overhauled for 2016. This model will be special order only.

- Updated geometry and kinematics to accept 27.5 wheels

- 10% increase in torsional stiffness

- Lower standover

- Lighter forgings

- Integrated fork bumpers, using ODI plugs (like Darkside)

- Zero stack headtube

Name:  16LEGEND-475x168.jpg
Views: 5410
Size:  13.4 KB

2016 Banshee Darkside

New in 2015, the Darkside has only seen minor improvements for 2016.

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

Name:  16DARKSIDE-475x145.jpg
Views: 4888
Size:  14.3 KB

2016 Banshee Pricing

Frame prices remain unchanged for 2016, the only exception being the Paradox, which has come down to £499.99 RRP.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Thanks Banshee - you made it again! Always open eyes and ears for your loyal customers, riders and friends!
    Riding my MY13er still happy this season and possibly go with a MY2016 next year!

Mr. Knowitall
    Ooh. I would like to see the actual geo numbers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Weird that the spitfire s,m received longer TT. The lg, xl did not and received a 1 degree steeper seat tube. Gonna be cramped for the tall riders. A littler bummed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Banshee, Colnago, Kona & Storck 2016 debuts at Core Bike Live | Bicycle Business | BikeBiz
    Banshee
    Ison Distribution are excited to have the world’s first unveiling of the 2016 Banshee model range at Core Bike Live. UK Banshee brand manager Pat Campbell-Jenner said: "Banshee Bikes has been going from strength to strength since it’s UK re-introduction in 2013. We are excited to have the first dealer preview of the 2016 range, as well as our bike builder program build kits, using parts from our wide range of products."

Keith Scott of Banshee said: "For MY16 we have updated the geometry of our enduro models to make them fully race focused with lower BB heights and more aggressive angles to suit the requirements of the best racers. We will be releasing the race proven Legend 650 which is exceeding our world cup racers expectations. And we have also focused a lot of our efforts on the quality and finish of our products to take them to the next level."

Banshee will be on display in the new Outdoor Expo area at Core Bike Live.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by wfo922 View Post
    Weird that the spitfire s,m received longer TT. The lg, xl did not and received a 1 degree steeper seat tube. Gonna be cramped for the tall riders. A littler bummed.
    I would be patient and wait for the final geometry-numbers. The Rune will receive a complete geo-revision and I can´t imagine the Spitfire will get this only for S and M and half-way for L and XL. This wouln´d make sense if you want to have a concrete difference through frame-sizing ...
    But interesting because there will be a bigger division between Rune and Spitfire, which makes sense. Exciting news so far ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The revamped geo data looks really good. Not a big fan of the color chemes though, I hope that raw versions of the frames will also be available

Mr. Knowitall
    Anyone found any news from the first day of Core Bike Live?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Hello Martin, the exact date will depend on distributor, shipping times and stuff like that, but most the frames have already been produced and are waiting to start shipping. I expect realistically that they will be in shops mid September in most countries, some sooner if they don't ship by ocean. This is message from BANSHEE I got yesterday

Here, diagonally!
    The changes all sound good. Since the HAs are .5 degree slacker, it will be interesting to see what the BB heights are in the different dropout positions. The slightly slacker HA makes sense as it seems the slack position is used more often than the steep based on the pics posted up here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nice work Banshee!! I am looking forward to seeing the final geo release and full resolution photos of the new colorways.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by S Dub View Post
    Nice work Banshee!! I am looking forward to seeing the final geo release and full resolution photos of the new colorways.
    Yep, I am too! But there is no information yet..

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've been keeping my eye on Core Bike Facebook they post stuff, but nothing Banshee related. I would love the Rune v3 or whatever it will be called to have 620/625 top tube - 610 and a 50mm stem was short....I would even appreciate a bit longer...everything else about the Rune is perfect though. I had a large one a while ago but it was just a bit cramped....Subscribed to this thread as I'm desperate to find details out!

Mr. Knowitall
    builttoride?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm wondering when the phantoms will release. I've yet to see any other info.

Mr. Knowitall
    Hmm. It was announced that Core Bike Live would show 2016 Banshee Bikes, but I haven't seen any reports showing these at all.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Seems weird that there's no "official" word on here at all about new bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Information will start to appear during eurobike... not long now.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Information will start to appear during eurobike... not long now.
    Will they be available immediately after announcement?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    soon after... depends on distributors shipping shedule.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2009
    soon after... depends on distributors shipping shedule.
    Really good News... since I can't wait to get my preordered 2016 Rune

Have had a Rune of every generation... best bike ever (apart from the Darkside which does the park duty)

Stay like you are, Banshee guys... not chasing the latest Fashion, but always be right up at the game with geometry and function

A carbon fiber Rune would still be sick some day
    Not extremly lightweight but extremely strong in construction

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    A Phantom is on the top of my list. Was any of the geo changed for 2016?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    No.

mtbr member
    What's up with the ever aging Paradox platform?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Euro, I remember you commented on a thread a while ago when I was researching short travel 29ers. Did you ever pick one up?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    So I have been in touch with Ison who are the Banshee distributors for UK and so official release will be on 1st September. They will be announced at Eurobike next week. Ison expecting to have them around end of September for sale in UK. I have ordered Prime in gunmetal and neon yellow colour and just can't wait.

mtbr member
    Curious what sort of changes you're looking for for the Paradox? Only thing I could see to maybe improve it would be to give some more clearance in the rear yoke to accommodate 650B+ tyres and fatter 29er tyres, not sure it'd be worth it to also extend the stays to fit 29+. I should know in the next couple weeks what a 650B+ rear Paradox feels like, so I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Adjustable dropouts on the paradox to run singlespeed would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Name:  q0660.jpg
Views: 2102
Size:  25.9 KB

Banshee please share them already!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Eurobike is just some very few days ahead. I´ve read somewhere that Keith and Jay are there, possibly you can meet them at the everyday.de booth ...
    All info will be released then I think.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Eurobike is just some very few days ahead. I´ve read somewhere that Keith and Jay are there, possibly you can meet them at the everyday.de booth ...
    All info will be released then I think.
    I know I know. Just growing impatient here! Cant wait for the first photos of the 2016 Rune...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    About 24-30hrs left now
    ..yes I'm impatient as well !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    They are looking very nice, being a dealer seen some and loving the new colour schemes and already got our new Spitfire shop demo on order :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Oh man seeing the eurobike first looks on pinkbike has me refreshing all mtb media outlets to see the new goods!

For a good sidebar conversation, having a hard time deciding if a new legend or darkside would be the best compliment for my Rune. Seeing the new specs on the '16 legend will make this a great debate

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Has anyone already spotted a few pictures?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Has anyone already spotted a few pictures?
    Same question, where are the pictures ?
    The doors went open about 40mins ago

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BartVQ View Post
    Same question, where are the pictures ?
    The doors went open about 40mins ago
    What's taking them so long

mtbr member
    Knolly has release their first carbon bike. How long til Banshee follows through on this?

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    Knolly has release their first carbon bike. How long til Banshee follows through on this?
    The answer to this may be with whomever is designing their webstore.

There are plenty of nice carbon AM/Enduro rigs out now, but nothing has blown me away performance-wise over my Rune. Dropping some weight would be nice, but it's not a huge deal IMHO.

That said, a carbon Rune as well thought out as the alloy one would blow every AM/Enduro flavor of week bike out of the water. We'll see
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Some pics of Darkside, Legend and Rune.....

Banshee Bikes Galerie for all :-) | Seite 343 | MTB-News.de

...Stay tuned...

There's always next year.
    I freaking love my Phantom... but one in carbon flavor would be interesting, as long as they didn't go press-fit on the BB. Although, I wouldn't be able to afford it for years...

With that said, I'm rarely thinking when I'm riding "You know what this ride would be better if the bike weighed 3 pounds less."

mtbr member
    May 2009
    And the carbon fiber bikes only drop about 1 Pound anyways...

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Here's a "spyshot" of the 2016 Rune straight outta Eurobike. Found in the forums over at mtb-news.de. Can't wait for details on the geometry. Enjoy

2016 Banshee Updates-img-20150826-wa0001.jpg

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yes, Knolly has carbon now, so has Turner, Mondraker, Canyon and many more ...

In all honesty: What is the big advantage you expect when Banshee is going with carbon? How much more frame-stiffness over the current alloy-frames? How much weight-saving while keeping the strong and reliable durability? How much do you want to pay more for a frame made of high-quality-carbon? Are you willing to pay a 1000 more for a frame that saves 300-500 gramms?

I like carbon if it´s designed and constructed to the max, like Mondraker does for example, but this has it´s prize and not enough advantages for an average nonprofessional rider like me, except a more sexy look ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Actually, I'd love to see a carbon version so I could lose some weight on my rig. Going 35+ km with a 14kg ride is exhausting to say the least. A carbon version could make the Rune more versatile when it comes to long distances. (And I wouldn't have to think about getting a second bike just for those long distances )

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    So you really think a bike with a carbon frame - and let´s say 348 gramm less frame-weight - makes you a better endurance-rider on an all-day-trip ... ?
    Would be a different thing if we´re talking about 700-800 gramms ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I understand what you're saying, and I know your figure (348gr) might not sound much to some people, but I'd love to save weight where possible. I could invest in a pair of carbon wheels but I'd rather call a carbon frame my own

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Here's a "spyshot" of the 2016 Rune straight outta Eurobike. Found in the forums over at mtb-news.de. Can't wait for details on the geometry. Enjoy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150826-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	2465 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	1011277
    1. Take out wallet
    2. Dump all contents onto table, making sure change doesn't fall off said table
    3. Count feverishly
    4. Cry or yell victoriously

mtbr member
    Carbon vs Alu, for me, I'll take alu all day long, don't worry one bit with any of my Banshees when I stack it, just pick the bike up and get going again. Remember when a guy with a carbon frame told me it's all right for me to ride the rough, rocky trails I love, I don't have to worry about my frame getting scratched up and not knowing if any of those scratches have compromised the frames integrity, I thought to myself, why in the hell would you buy an MTB you have to worry about riding where ever

MP, if you think that having a lighter frame over lighter wheels on longer rides/rides with lots of climbing then you really don't understand weight savings on a bike and where it matters most= Rotational Weight - That is the weight you actually have to accelerate and decelerate FYI, 35km/21.5 miles is not really long, if it is to you, consider doing more riding and getting fitter, instead of spending $$ to try and make it easier.
    Actually, I'd love to see a carbon version so I could lose some weight on my rig. Going 35+ km with a 14kg ride is exhausting to say the least. A carbon version could make the Rune more versatile when it comes to long distances. (And I wouldn't have to think about getting a second bike just for those long distances

So you really think a bike with a carbon frame - and let´s say 348 gramm less frame-weight - makes you a better endurance-rider on an all-day-trip ... ?
    Would be a different thing if we´re talking about 700-800 gramms ...
    I understand what you're saying, and I know your figure (348gr) might not sound much to some people, but I'd love to save weight where possible. I could invest in a pair of carbon wheels but I'd rather call a carbon frame my own

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    To each his own. I'd rather spend a few more bucks on a beautiful carbon frame than 2000 € on a set of carbon wheels

MP, if you think that having a lighter frame over lighter wheels on longer rides/rides with lots of climbing then you really don't understand weight savings on a bike and where it matters most= Rotational Weight - That is the weight you actually have to accelerate and decelerate

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    stfu you guys...I wanna see more cool colors from Banshee.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Patience, my friend. The next batch of photos will be made available this evening if we're lucky.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    To each his own. I'd rather spend a few more bucks on a beautiful carbon frame than 2000 € on a set of carbon wheels
    You might prefer the visual aspect of a carbon frame vs aluminum, but Lynx is correct. Losing weight in the wheels (as long as they're still strong enough for your application) will always have more of a performance benefit vs losing weight in the frame.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    The Phantom, while released last year, has "only" minor upgrades:
    - Splined ISCG
    - Improved cable routing
    - Refined shock mount

Last quote to carbon:
    One downside of carbon is that serious damage can sometimes be invisible to the eye. Cracked fibre-layers for example that can have massive input to the frames structure, durability and lifetime. If harsh input from rocks or such should not cause much damage than a frame needs more partial layers or more protection. Both add weight and decrease weight-difference to alloy. You can still ride your alloy-frame even if the tubes have big dents from impact ...
    Another downside (at least for me) is that carbon can still not be recycled ... !

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PrisonCityStandout View Post
    Losing weight in the wheels (as long as they're still strong enough for your application) will always have more of a performance benefit vs losing weight in the frame.
    I'm aware of that. But the weight savings do not justify the costs of an - as an example - Enve Carbon wheelset for me, that's why I'd rather buy a new carbon frame.

Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle
    Another downside (at least for me) is that carbon can still not be recycled ... !
    That's one of the reasons why Keith is not a huge fan of Carbon at this time.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice spitfire Anyone knows if the seatpost-diameter has been raised to 31.6 for 2016? Would make it possible to finally run a Reverb with 150mm...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    No. Seat tubes for all bikes remain 30,9 mm inner and 34,9 mm outer diameter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nooooooooo! *shakes fist at clouds*

No. Seat tubes for all bikes remain 30,9 mm inner and 34,9 mm outer diameter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nooooooooo! *shakes fist at clouds*
    Run a 150mm Lev and be done with it!

And yes, that Spitty makes my pants move. Jeebus. Mewants. Anyone else have a running list of Banshee Bikes they want to acquire? Mine goes.....next up - Phantom. Then a Rune. Then a Legend. and maybe an Amp in there somewhere. Sure hope wifey doesn't mind.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm aware of that. But the weight savings do not justify the costs of an - as an example - Enve Carbon wheelset for me, that's why I'd rather buy a new carbon frame.

I don't blame you for wanting carbon, most people do. I'm actually interested in Banshee because they use aluminum and are a little more affordable because of that. I find that once the frame price goes over 2K I start thinking too much about the money I'm losing each day(depreciation) while I own it. I can't imagine the guilt I would feel owning something like Yeti SB4.5 which is $3400 for a frame only.

mtbr member
    Well considering "a few bucks more" for a carbon frame vs alu would be about $1k more and you can build a set of wide carbon wheels for about $1k-1300 and they would actually add substantial improvement to the bike, don't see how anyone would go carbon frame over wheels, kind of like Giants "New Math" saying how 650B is right in between 26" and 29" wheels

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Holding out for the new Spitty geometry - broken the page refresh now!

Had a Rune, stolen a little while ago. Was a bit too much for my trails, so now it's between Spitty and Transition Scout as the replacement. If the new Spitty has closer geo to its old 26 geo in 650b then it will be hard choice between the two!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    1k more? Nah, not going for a carbon frame that costs 3k and above.

Well considering "a few bucks more" for a carbon frame vs alu would be about $1k more and you can build a set of wide carbon wheels for about $1k-1300 and they would actually add substantial improvement to the bike, don't see how anyone would go carbon frame over wheels, kind of like Giants "New Math" saying how 650B is right in between 26" and 29" wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Regarding the Phantom, what does the "splined" refer to on ISCG tabs? Does that mean removable? Also curious as to what refinements were made to the shock mount.

mtbr member
    Yeah, splined means removable, AFAIK, which for me would be great as I'll never use it. Would think similar to what was done on the Spitty as it refined down from having 3 braces on each side to a much slimmer looking 2 like the Phantom, so expect the Phantoms will just be a bit slimmer to cut a bit of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonCityStandout View Post
    Regarding the Phantom, what does the "splined" refer to on ISCG tabs? Does that mean removable? Also curious as to what refinements were made to the shock mount.

mtbr member
    Yes, Knolly has carbon now, so has Turner, Mondraker, How much weight-saving while keeping the strong and reliable durability? How much do you want to pay more for a frame made of high-quality-carbon? Are you willing to pay a 1000 more for a frame that saves 300-500 gramms?
    In regards to your questions, all you need to do is look at the market demand for carbon bikes and parts. If Banshee is not in a financial position to invest the money it takes to go carbon- I can respect that. I hear and see a bit of the "engineer's burden" from Banshee on hear when they preach how aluminum is superior to carbon and we (the customer) should disregard our desires to ride comparable bikes that are sometimes 1.5 - 2lb lighter. It kinda reminds me when Ford and GM kept building huge cars, senior management convinced they knew better than the consumer. Hmmm, how'd that turn out?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Blah blah kharbunz blah blah. Start a Carbon Banshee thread! We need fresh 2016 meat only in this thread.

mtbr member
    don't hijack my favorite thread with all this carbon vs alu BS. if you want a trendy and expensive carbon frame look elsewhere and stop trolling. if you want a true riders bike stay here and enjoy the news...

onTopic: hoping for longer reach on medium spitfire so maybe i could switch from a current large to a medium and have even more of that gorgeous playful character.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    This is, a lot of guys I know who have longer travel carbon bikes are cracking them regularly. This year people I ride with have cracked Specialized Carbon Enduro, a Carbon Operator, and a couple Evils. If you ride heavy and smack into things, case jumps and crash hard from time to time (like Banshee's target consumers) then I'm not sure getting a carbon bike is a good long term investment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looking good:

(from user elBendito over at mtb-news.de - Album Banshee Rune 2016 - MTB-News.de)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    From their FB. We've seen this Rune colorway, but that Phantom looks rad. That blue! *drool*

mtbr member
    Liking the new Phantom colours, just happen to be our national colours
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    From their FB. We've seen this Rune colorway, but that Phantom looks rad. That blue! *drool*

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Not much new from Banshee. New colours , yeah..

Move on, ppl

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Actually, I'd love to see a carbon version so I could lose some weight on my rig. Going 35+ km with a 14kg ride is exhausting to say the least. A carbon version could make the Rune more versatile when it comes to long distances. (And I wouldn't have to think about getting a second bike just for those long distances )
    What? You need physics lesson re static vs rotational weight!!

You are living in a big lie , you should go to other carbon fibre brands and keep telling yourself the big lie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Take a look at their flyer before you move on:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/277106...endations=true

Quote Originally Posted by tomasis View Post
    Not much new from Banshee. New colours , yeah..

Move on, ppl

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Move on ... ???
    The Legend got a complete revision in wheelsize (650B), kinematic, geometry and tubing. Rune and Spitfire got revised geometry too, now full 650B but still compatible to 26. That´s a bit more that "new colors" ...

edit: Thank you MindPattern, forgot to upload the new catalog

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Geometry chart for 2016 Rune down the bottom, significant enough changes there.
    Eurobike: Banshee 2016 - Neues Legend 27.5, überarbeitetes Rune - MTB-News.de

geometry based on +4mm axle-to-crown, 549mm from 545mm.

12mm lower BB
    9mm longer reach (Sm), 10mm longer reach (Med), 14mm longer reach (Lg/Xl)
    2mm shorter chainstay

I was on the Rune, sadly got stolen. If someone was buying I'd say the revised geometry is much improved.
    Looking to replace with the Spitfire - patiently waiting for revised geometry before deciding a new frame!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Selling my Rune frame with CCDB Air CS. I know you're most likely looking for a MY16 frame but if you're interested (and staying in Europe) let me know 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I was on the Rune, sadly got stolen. If someone was buying I'd say the revised geometry is much improved.
    Looking to replace with the Spitfire - patiently waiting for revised geometry before deciding a new frame!

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My bad, all geometry specs are down the bottom here!
    Banshee Bikes 2016

Big Test Icycles

2016 Banshee Updates

I'm betting on some BIG news soon.
    Last edited by Hangtime; 09-01-2015 at 04:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    So here's what's standing out to me for the update.

0.5° slacker head angle
    0.5° Steeper seat angle on S and M, and 1.0° on L and XL

Earlier in this thread I asked about updated 650b dropouts for the V2 that would lower the BB by.5"ish. I'm no expert, but wouldn't this also slacken the head angle by about .5°, or would it be closer to 1°? I'd also be open to running a angleset to steepen the headangle to make up for the adjustment. I understand this would also slacken the seat tube angle, but that I can easily deal with.

I just really want that lower BB for 650b! I'm 100% fine running 26" for the lower BB since I think that actually matters more than wheel size, but it'd be nice to be able to future-proof myself even more when I need to retire my 26" wheelset .

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    No, there are no revised 650B dropouts, as this makes no sense! The dropouts have to work for all KS-Link bikes not only for Rune and Spitfire! Those two have revised geometry for 650B now, with lower than average bb, slightly longer reach and other small changes in detail. If you want to be future-proof in terms of 650B go with a 2016 frame!

I like my MY13 Spitfire very much and will keep it, as my geometry-adjustments via angleset, 650B´s in the short dropouts and a slightly higher bb suits me fine in the third season and will for the next 1-2 seasons.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I think it makes plenty of sense for people that want updated geometry for 650b and are on the V2 frames. I love my V2 frame so much I don't need to go with a 2016 frame, but would gladly pay ~$150 for updated dropouts instead of $1k+ for a new frame. Get what I'm saying?

Though I do understand your perspective - I'm sure the existing dropouts are the exact same for the v2 vs. the v3 frames. All I'm asking for is another option - a "lower and slacker" option. They could even be used on the v3 frames for those select crazy few! Maybe an aftermarket opportunity for someone? Hmmm.

Either way, I'll probably stick with 26" in my V2 frame. Really appreciate Banshee thinking through the ability to change wheelsizes - my next bike will probably also be Banshee. I'm keeping my eye out for a Prime now .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I like my MY13 Spitfire very much and will keep it, as my geometry-adjustments via angleset, 650B´s in the short dropouts and a slightly higher bb suits me fine in the third season and will for the next 1-2 seasons.
    Yep, higher BB is cool with me too. Currently running middle setting at 26" wheels and I strike on everything. Excited to go 27.5 on my MY15 and drop it into slack setting. Will still raise the BB a bit and get the other handling bits sorted. What's your angleset set to? Have you factored in the BB drop with an angleset?

I think a Phantom (any year) and Rune (MY16+) are in my future. Loving the Spitfire for now though while I can really only have one bike...ok two if you count the DH sled.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by daway View Post
    I think it makes plenty of sense for people that want updated geometry for 650b and are on the V2 frames. I love my V2 frame so much I don't need to go with a 2016 frame, but would gladly pay ~$150 for updated dropouts instead of $1k+ for a new frame. Get what I'm saying? ...
    Yes, I get it.
    But this was already discussed in this thread - to get a reasonable bb drop (+/- 10 to 12mm) the head- and seatangle will be way to slack ... !
    If you know someone with access to alloy and machining I would go with custom-made dropouts ...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yep, higher BB is cool with me too. Currently running middle setting at 26" wheels and I strike on everything. Excited to go 27.5 on my MY15 and drop it into slack setting. Will still raise the BB a bit and get the other handling bits sorted. What's your angleset set to? Have you factored in the BB drop with an anglesey? ...
    I run a -0,5° angleset and went with the neutral flip chips, 650B-wheels in 26 dropouts from the start, after switching from M to L size Spitfire, because I like shorter chainstays and the 66 deg headangle/74 deg seatangle. My bb is set at 345mm neutral, could go higher or lower if wanted. Neutral and low flipchip-settings do have a bb-drop. Wheelbase is 1182mm. All in all very pleased with this geo and fit in the third season. Makes it hard to go with a MY16 Spitfire, as the revisions are "too small" in my personal case ...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Eurobike: Banshee 2016 - Neues Legend 27.5, überarbeitetes Rune - MTB-News.de

New numbers leak!! (use google translator on page)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    anyone want to hazard a guess on the cost
    Rune comp and race build?????

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    in dollars

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    I think it´s time to be patient until Banshee has their homepage updated ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Patient :-)
    ok how much where the 2015????
    doesn't say built prices on the website ( that i can see)
    I guessing the will be in the same sort of range so it'll give me an idea for my new bike dreams

mtbr member
    Check Rbikes.com has a bike builder for the Rune....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Rune:
    – Longer top tube and reach in all sizes.
    – 0.5deg slacker head angle
    – 0.5deg steeper seat angle on Small and Medium, 1.0deg on Large and Extra Large
    – Splined ISCG tabs (like 2015 Darkside)
    – Lower Standover
    – Improved cable routing
    – Refined shock mount
    – Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch Plus shock option

2016 Banshee Updates-2016-rune-geo.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4663-02.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4680-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4851-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4863-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5424-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5432-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5444-01.jpg

Spitfire:
    – Longer top tube for small and medium sizes
    – 0.5deg steeper seat angle on Small and Medium, 1.0deg on Large and Extra Large
    – Improved cable routing
    – Refined shock mount
    – Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch option

2016 Banshee Updates-spitfire-geo.jpg
    2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4575-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4583-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4599-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5163-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5167-1.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5176-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5372-01.jpg

Darkside:
    Seems to be remaining the same

2016 Banshee Updates-darkside-geo.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4474-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4491-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4501-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5183-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5189-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5194-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5348-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5361-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5369-01.jpg

Phantom:
    – Improved cable routing
    – Refined shock mount
    – Splined ISCG tabs (like Darkside)
    – Now with Debonair Monarch

2016 Banshee Updates-2016-phantom-geo.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4704-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4710-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5114-01.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Phantom cont...
    2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5125-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5468-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5479-01.jpg

Prime:
    The Prime geometry has been adjusted for a more aggressive body position and
    better weight distribution to match the slacker head angle and increased travel

– Longer top tube and reach in all sizes.
    – 0.5deg slacker head angle
    – Longer head tube on larger frames
    – Lower Standover
    – Improved cable routing
    – Refined shock mount
    – Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch Plus option

2016 Banshee Updates-2016-prime-geo.jpg
    2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_4773-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5135-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5137-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5528-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5533-01.jpg2016 Banshee Updates-dsc_5541-01.jpg

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @SupervillainX:
    Thank you very much for posting!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looks like that blue prime has some 27.5+ rubber. Any clues?

mtbr member
    Good catch Dude, does look like that 2nd image of the blue Prime is sporting 650B+ wheels and rubber I'm very patiently waiting for my WTB Trailblazer 2.8" to try on my Prime and Phantom, but seems that British mail has gone to $hit now as well like USPS.
    Looks like that blue prime has some 27.5+ rubber. Any clues?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Well, glad to see there wasn't some complete RUNE revamp. Slacker head angle and longer top tube is nice, but my V2 will work plenty fine for the next few seasons!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It is both good news for the current owners and for future buyers no current owner has to shoot themselves in their knee because the next radical Change is just out there, and the new costumer gets a subtly updated product which is just right for the 2016 market...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Really great article and interview with Keith. I agree with almost everything he said and the article just reinforced why I am so stoked on Banshee!

First Look: Banshee's 2016 Lineup - Pinkbike

Big Test Icycles
    So what is a Dealer Direct sales model?

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    So what is a Dealer Direct sales model?
    As far as I know for Germany, as an example, it means you can purchase directly from your distributor, or a loyal-to-the-brand Local Shop who´s in the distribution-network.
    I did so with my V2 Spitfire purchase back in 2012 and do have direct contact with the distribution for anything and everything. Plus there are Local Stores doing their best to help with any problem. All in all a very supportive sales model for the customer, at least from my personal experience!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Keith was pretty direct with the NO CARBON options. Should shut people up for a while.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Keith was pretty direct with the NO CARBON options. Should shut people up for a while.
    Ya we will see. The people wunt duh kharbunz! Idk why though, not me, I'll be alloy for a looooooooooong time.

On Facebook, someone asked about internal cable routing....Keith responds, "Haha, we know the pain of internal cable routing, and MUCH prefer external."

FTW. Nice work.

Braaap
    As far as I know for Germany, as an example, it means you can purchase directly from your distributor, or a loyal-to-the-brand Local Shop who´s in the distribution-network.
    I did so with my V2 Spitfire purchase back in 2012 and do have direct contact with the distribution for anything and everything. Plus there are Local Stores doing their best to help with any problem. All in all a very supportive sales model for the customer, at least from my personal experience!
    Dealer direct eliminates the regional distributor.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Dealer direct is only for north America and means we sell to dealers directy to cut out distributor costs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Dealer direct is only for north America and means we sell to dealers directy to cut out distributor costs.
    So Trident is no longer in the picture?

mtbr member
    All I know is I had to jump through hoops to get my Rune. After calling several vendors I eventually called Trident and they helped me out but I still had to call a vendor to order it and tell them it was in stock at Trident. Have it shipped to them then shipped to me. Trident did all the work, majority of the vendors didn't care. I would have been way easier to order direct from Trident.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    All I know is I had to jump through hoops to get my Rune. After calling several vendors I eventually called Trident and they helped me out but I still had to call a vendor to order it and tell them it was in stock at Trident. Have it shipped to them then shipped to me. Trident did all the work, majority of the vendors didn't care. I would have been way easier to order direct from Trident.
    You in the US? Getting my Spitfire was ridiculously easy. Emailed with Ethan @ Dirt Merchant Cycles. He had my frame drop shipped directly from Banshee to me. Couldn't have been easier.

mtbr member
    You in the US? Getting my Spitfire was ridiculously easy. Emailed with Ethan @ Dirt Merchant Cycles. He had my frame drop shipped directly from Banshee to me. Couldn't have been easier.
    Yup I got my frame before those guys were around. I wanted a Blue Rune and no one was willing to find me one so I had to find it myself. Literally called Trident and told them what was going on and they checked their system and then confirmed the actually had it. I just used the only vendor that was polite and professional then to order it. It was a pretty big PITA and I was really close to just getting something else entirely.

Big Test Icycles
    So with this new sales model will we be seeing a price cut? Sometimes it does come down to cost when buying a new frame. I won't second mortgage my house for carbon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    The price of these Taiwan aluminum frames needs to come down! I paid 2k for a carbon fiber devinci Wilson frame w/vivid r2c. That was made in Canada with a lifetime warranty. The carbon Spartan is also right above 2k right now. Cheapest I've seen the rune frames w/shock is 1800+. Too much! If the frame was handmade in Canada and had a lifetime warranty that would be easier to swallow.

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk77 View Post
    The price of these Taiwan aluminum frames needs to come down! I paid 2k for a carbon fiber devinci Wilson frame w/vivid r2c. That was made in Canada with a lifetime warranty. The carbon Spartan is also right above 2k right now. Cheapest I've seen the rune frames w/shock is 1800+. Too much! If the frame was handmade in Canada and had a lifetime warranty that would be easier to swallow.
    The carbon Wilson is not made in Canada. Sorry to disappoint . Devinci's higher end alu frames are still done up in Quebec. My alu Wilson is going strong .
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    But aren't you glad you stuck it out, if you hadn't, you prob wouldn't have looked at the Paradox which we know you love and ride more than the Rune

Yup I got my frame before those guys were around. I wanted a Blue Rune and no one was willing to find me one so I had to find it myself. Literally called Trident and told them what was going on and they checked their system and then confirmed the actually had it. I just used the only vendor that was polite and professional then to order it. It was a pretty big PITA and I was really close to just getting something else entirely.

mtbr member
    But aren't you glad you stuck it out, if you hadn't, you prob wouldn't have looked at the Paradox which we know you love and ride more than the Rune
    Yeah I am glad it was just a lot of BS and frustrating at the time. My Rune still gets use but mostly at the bike park now. It might even see a GES series race next season Paradox has like 800 miles since it was built this winter

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    The carbon Wilson is not made in Canada. Sorry to disappoint . Devinci's higher end alu frames are still done up in Quebec. My alu Wilson is going strong .
    Ah bummer! Well it does have a lifetime warranty at least! Absolutely live the Wilson! Just got done shredding it at silver mtn bike park. Great day!

Big Test Icycles
    Anyone have prices yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Can anyone comment in the price for a Rune frame in Europe as well as the frame weight with the ccdb air shock please?

mtbr member
    Love the changes--really nailed the geometry (as usual) and I'm glad the modular dropouts have stayed given the latest boost nonsense (and who knows what else next year). In years gone by I've been pretty ambivalent about modular dropouts and other adjustability features since I tend to be pretty set and forget. But I'm starting to feel like future proofing is more and more of a selling point.

My 2013 spitfire is going strong, but someday I'll have to upgrade.

mtbr member
    Wondering what a 170mm fork (567 mm length) would do to the HA in all 3 settings on the 2016 Rune. Also wondering if this is a bad idea for any reason that i'm not thinking of.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    New website works terrible on cell phone! Can barely even use it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmj View Post
    Wondering what a 170mm fork (567 mm length) would do to the HA in all 3 settings on the 2016 Rune. Also wondering if this is a bad idea for any reason that i'm not thinking of.
    I asked about putting a 180mm fork on my older V2 and was advised by Keith that a Darkside would be a better match for it. Mine is not a 2016 though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Warranty

Banshee offers lifetime warranty and crash replacement as far as I know

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubokubes View Post
    Banshee offers lifetime warranty and crash replacement as far as I know
    Nope! They only offer a 2 year warranty on the frames to original purchaser from a banshee dealer and a 1 year warranty on the legend frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Nope! They only offer a 2 year warranty on the frames to original purchaser from a banshee dealer and a 1 year warranty on the legend frame.
    I have ordered prime just looking on banshee website and yes its 2 year warranty and lifetime crash replacement

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Lifetime crash replacement means they will give you a new frame for dealer cost if you crash and break the frame!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Anyone knows when the container for Germany is scheduled?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Picked up my 2016 banshee Prime frame today... big thanks to Stu at Defcon Cycles (Australia).

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quickly threw it together to get a gist of how she'd look...
    We may be a long way from anywhere in Australia, but good bike dealers will find a way to get things here fast... huge kudos to DEFCON Cycles... it's no accident that this is the 7th or 8th bike I've bought from them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by russmu66 View Post
    Quickly threw it together to get a gist of how she'd look...
    We may be a long way from anywhere in Australia, but good bike dealers will find a way to get things here fast... huge kudos to DEFCON Cycles... it's no accident that this is the 7th or 8th bike I've bought from them.

Wow! Sick build. I must say the color looks better in your photo than the website.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Is the grey painted or is it anodized?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    painted

Braaap
    We're now taking orders on 2016 frames for US customers. Delivery is 3-4 weeks outs. Send us an email to get one reserved!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    We're now taking orders on 2016 frames for US customers. Delivery is 3-4 weeks outs. Send us an email to get one reserved!
    How does pricing compare to last year's?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Amazing so you got it in Australia and I have ordered my one two months ago here in UK and still don't have it. Because the main distributor in UK did not ordered size XL. HOW great is that

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubokubes View Post
    Amazing so you got it in Australia and I have ordered my one two months ago here in UK and still don't have it. Because the main distributor in UK did not ordered size XL. HOW great is that
    I think it also has a bit to do with the distributors chosen freight method. Most distributors in Europe, I believe, are using surface shipping whereas in Australia, Defcon Cycles has used air freight to get them here quicker. Another tick in their box I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast