2015 Banshee Spitfire V2 with RACEFACE ARC 30- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    26

    2015 Banshee Spitfire V2 with RACEFACE ARC 30

    Has anyone build this wheel before Raceface Arc 30 Pair with Hans Dampf 2.35 tire on a 2015 Spitfire V2 before? Does it fit the clearence ?
    Last edited by darkcrow; 05-11-2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Wrong spellong

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrow View Post
    Has anyone build this wheel before Raceface Arc 30 Pair with Hans Dampf 2.35 tire on a 2015 Spitfire V2 before? Does it fit the clearence ?
    I run WTB assym i35 with nobby nic 2.8 or DHR II 2.8 in the rear. Its tight but it fits. You'll be fine

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    26
    That's great. Thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Trails View Post
    I run WTB assym i35 with nobby nic 2.8 or DHR II 2.8 in the rear. Its tight but it fits. You'll be fine
    Whoa...you can fit a 2.8 in the back of a Spitfire? I read somewhere that it measures out to a 2.6. I'm running a 2.35 Nobby Nic on some i29 rims on the rear now. Looks like there is a good amount of room.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    26
    Anyone could share pictures of the rear wheel tire between the frame. How close is the tire against the frame?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Whoa...you can fit a 2.8 in the back of a Spitfire? I read somewhere that it measures out to a 2.6. I'm running a 2.35 Nobby Nic on some i29 rims on the rear now. Looks like there is a good amount of room.
    On the DHR II the carcass is 66mm / 2.6" and the side knobs are 69 mm/ 2.7". But it's very new. Out of the box it was only 63 mm wide so I'm not sure if it'll stretch a bit more. I've done about 1300 km since january when I built up the bike, I got some very light rubbing marks in the anodisation on the left chainstay, probably from the Nobby Nic I used to run being a bit wobbly. Like I said, its itght but it works. A 2.6 would probably be better though.
    Endless Trails Outdoor Equipment - Waterproof bikepacking bags and outdoor equipment

Similar Threads

  1. Banshee Spitfire
    By skidad in forum 27.5
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 10:03 AM
  2. Bronson vs. Banshee Spitfire V2
    By zuuds in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:19 AM
  3. Banshee Spitfire to 08 Reign X: Would you do it?
    By cskolnick in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
  4. Banshee Spitfire???
    By Warp in forum Banshee Bikes
    Replies: 669
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 11:57 AM
  5. 2011 Banshee Spitfire.
    By Cycle64 in forum Banshee Bikes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 04:30 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.