Where is the awesomeness?- Mtbr.com

Oct 2004

Where is the awesomeness?

I'm looking for some really really good XCish singletrack in the Melbourne area. I've been out to Blue Lake a couple of times but would like to mix it up a bit. Any suggestions ppl?

mtbr member

Hey Spuddy

It's a bit out of Melborune, towards Geelong. But I strongly recomend you check out the YouYangs state park. In particular the Stockyards MTB area at the northern end of the park, accessable form either Drysdales Rd at the bottom or Great Circle Drive which will put you at the "top" of one side of the riding area.

It offeres great diversity, from smooth flowing single track near the bottom end of the park, to fast decents coming off the road from the Stockyards / Great Circle Drv car park at the top. Also off to the North West of the area there is some great rocky and technical single track, with huge rockslabs, cliffsides and rock gardens to play in.

I love it and recommend it to anyone, I do also recomend that you take someone that knows the area well and /or has raced there recently, as not all the stuff has been there for long, and alot of it is well hiden unless you know where it is. But basiclly it all links up into a big figure 8 or Oval depending on which secions you ride.

Email me at [email protected], or PM me here or on farkin.net for vauge directions to bliss
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Whereabouts in Melbourne are you Spuddy?

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Whereabouts in Melbourne are you Spuddy?

Bundoora area. You? I'm going to be going to the You-Yangs for sure when i get a suitable beast built up.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddy
    Bundoora area. You? I'm going to be going to the You-Yangs for sure when i get a suitable beast built up.
    I live near Lilydale.

This is a ride I have posted on another forum, in and near Warrandyte
    The ride doesn't require many directions so hear they are:
    You will need melways pages:37,36,35 and 23,24.
    I start at 37 B4 at the intersection of Black springs and Brushy Park rd. (park near stockyards)
    Head up single track on right hand side of BP road.
    Turn left into Homestead rd - track on right.
    Roundabout - straight thru - (Brysons rd) Single track on right - very close to rd to begin with.
    When track ends ride on rd until sharp dip over creek.
    Single track begins on right at driveway.
    Track becomes gravel.
    Turn right onto singletrack at Reids Lane.
    Turn right onto Wonga rd which becomes Croydon rd. Track on right.
    Cross warrandyte/Ringwood rd. Ride past servo on left.
    Awesome single track all the way to warrandyte. (At Harding rd point you need to ride up it 15? metres to continue singletrack (35 J3))
    In Warrandyte you can go in Whipstick Gully? rd to Warrandyte SP there are some tracks here including a fairly mild DH. To get back to the car go up Gold memorial rd, (ST in places beside rd) to Warrandyte - Ringwood rd and retrace your way.
    Best done if there has been no rain for 3-4 days.

Members who have read this thread: 0