Your all spoiled....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Your all spoiled....

I moved away from AZ about 2months ago. At first i thought I just wasn't adjusting well. I think I am starting to realize that thats not the case. You all just have it better than we we do in the DC metro area, be it in Phoenix, Tuscon, Sedona, Prescott and especially Flagstaff. Dont ever grow up and leave AZ for some silly reason like A job. Better to be scrimping financially, working dead end jobs and barely keeping up with bills and shreddin the primo single track, then pimping paved bike paths, and flat parks no bigger or better than Papago Park or Buffalo Park.

So spoiled.......

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjay
    I moved away from AZ about 2months ago. At first i thought I just wasn't adjusting well. I think I am starting to realize that thats not the case. You all just have it better than we we do in the DC metro area, be it in Phoenix, Tuscon, Sedona, Prescott and especially Flagstaff. Dont ever grow up and leave AZ for some silly reason like A job. Better to be scrimping financially, working dead end jobs and barely keeping up with bills and shreddin the primo single track, then pimping paved bike paths, and flat parks no bigger or better than Papago Park or Buffalo Park.

So spoiled.......
    oh believe me... I know how spoiled I am. But I earned my place in paradise. I paid my dues in OH, DC (ugh), Baltimore (double ugh), and OH again (nice town, weather sux) and finally grew up, got wise, and found my dream job in Phx. I coerced my parents and my sister to move here and plan to grow old here as I've finally found home. AZ is a huge place with lots of opportunities - why can't you carve out a living here? Make it happen!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

I guess we traded places!

as a rider who just moved to PHX 3 months ago from the DC area all I can say is.....Yes they are spoiled!!

Don't worry, get yourself a BMW, some nice trendy shades, and buy a $6000 bike to ride at Wakefield or Schaeffer Farms....No seriously don't do that you might actually fit in!

I lived there for 26 years and yes, It's way harder to find good riding there. BUT, there is good riding there. Have you been to Gambrill State Park or Elizabeth Furnace? If not you must check these places out. If you're in NoVa, Fountainhead is also a good one when time is limited.

Pm me if you want more trail info. I'm pretty sure I've ridden every worthy trail there at least once and would be glad to share the info.

And don't get me wrong.....Durtgurl is right! Just remember, don't EVER depend on the weather out there. It's always gonna suck. bring your raingear in the car everywhere you go.

Try to have fun out there----

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjay

So spoiled.......

Yo BikerJay - drop me a email and let me know how you and Sharon are doing out there. Been riding a bunch the last month, did 305 a couple of times this weekend. I'm doing the Skull Valley Loop Challenge this next weekend with your old man! Should be fun.

Keep in touch

Rick

My other ride is your mom

Good job!

Did my time in working in DC and living in the NoVa suburburs for 4 years after having lived in Tucson. Aside from the Humidity, wickedest traffic on the face of the planet outside of Boston or Baghdad, constant precipitation or the threat of it but complete lack of decent skiing or singletrack in close proximity; I did enjoy the great access to bands tour schedules, weekend trips to Asheville NC, the Shenandoah valley....and the best damn crab shacks in the world (Jimmy Cantners outside of Annapolis, sit outside). I am glad to be back, and my trips back every 4 weeks are enough to keep me reminded that, yes; We are spoiled!

Members who have read this thread: 0