Hey kids,

Lots of names here who aren't on my private update/invite list, so I thought I'd mention this here as well:

Chi Yoga's "Yoga for Mountain Bikers" workshop is coming up. It's on March 6 (yeah, same day as 25hrs of Caffeine in Sedona, bummer), from 1:30 to 3:30. Cost is $50, for which you get a two hour workshop, a handout, and a copy of my book.

I've been going to classes at Chi Yoga pretty religiously for 3 weeks now, and I have to say it's a very difficult, but very interesting, practice. I know it's improving my riding. Lots of emphasis on core strength, balance (turns out mine sucks), focus, and flexibility.

The place is a little hippie-trippy but I that's because that's how a yoga studio is "supposed" to look. The instructors are all very cool. The guy actually teaching the workshop has been been mountain biking for about 12 years, and has been very supportive. Anyone who can get me up into a handstand is a hero in my book. :-)

Anyway, I'm sold, and I think a lot of other cyclists could get a lot out of this program.

Details:

Chi Yoga is at 40th & Chandler, down in Ahwatukee. Program is Saturday, March 6, from 1:30 to 3:30. Phone is 480.704.5952 if you want more information.

Hoping to see some of you there,

p.