X-Post: Brent Thomson needs your prayers!!!- Mtbr.com
    sixsixtysix

X-Post: Brent Thomson needs your prayers!!!

Just caught this in the DH/FR forum and figured it applied here also.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=483622

Brent Thomson needs your prayers!!!
    I just received an e-mail from Steve Boehmke a few minutes ago letting me know that Brent Thomson, of Bootleg Canyon/Boulder City fame is in the hospital awaiting a quadruple bypass heart surgery, scheduled for Wednesday night, January 14th at 7:00 P.M. Please say a prayer for him, and pass this message on to everyone you know.

I'm sure that many of the people on this forum have had the privilege of riding the incredible trail network that Brent has carved out of the mountains overlooking Lake Mead. His creations range from easy, cross-country trails that flow like water, to some of the gnarliest, technical downhill trails on the planet. He is a true artist. His trails are like three dimensional, interactive sculptures.

For those of you who are able to contribute, there is a PayPal account being set up to receive donations to help offset the high cost of Brent's surgery. (Unfortunately, his position as Boulder City's "Trail Master" does not include a health care package.) I'll post the account info as soon as it is up and running.

In the meanwhile, you can send him a card at:

St. Rose Dominican Hospital - San Martin E.R.
    C/O Brent Thomson
    8280 West Warm Springs Rd.
    Las Vegas, NV 89113

Salty Dog
    Bummer, but really good that his condition was caught before he had 'the big one'. We will send a stipend once you post the information. Thanks for caring about this guy!

Tommy
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

mtbr member
    Oh man, that sucks!

I remember watching his interview in Statement, talking about how he started building the BC trails. He's a true mountain biker.

Prayers and healing vibes his way!

my dog's Frisbee launcher
    yeah I just got that email from Steve....I have not had the chance to ride his trails but when I do I hope I have the chance to thank him for all his hard work

good luck to you Brent...Cheers
    Billy
    Darwin was an Optimist

Pivotal figure
    Man that sux, Brent is such a cool guy and has done more for our sport than most people will ever know. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

AKA shitbird
    That's really too bad. I don't know Brent personally but have a great relationship with his trails at BC. Be sure to post up the paypal info and I'll see what I can scrounge up to send his way.
    JRA

Wrench-O-Phile
    Sorry to hear that.

I only met him a few times but could tell he truly lives for mountain biking and helping the sport grow.

Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Just keep pedaling...

visit the sticki chronicles

mtbr member

Paypal account info for those who wish to contribute:

There is now an article posted on the MTBR Home Page that has a link to a Paypal account, for those who wish to contribute to the recovery of one of the finest people in our sport. I was unable to get the link to completely work. It got me to a page on the Paypal site that said "Sorry, your last action could not be completed." The Paypal account to donate is barretstudio@gmail.com and is shown in the article. You may just have to take another step to get there beyond the link. Please persevere. I know that Brent and his son, Barret are very appreciative of any help that anyone can give. Thank you.
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

******ed or Branded??
    Healing vibes!!

Are you going to post this up on AZFreeride for the paypal account?

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Healing vibes!!

Are you going to post this up on AZFreeride for the paypal account?

It's already up on azfr, but the paypal link isn't working. I'll update it once it does.

mtbr member

Update on Brent's Condition

Brent went into surgery last Tuesday night, (January 13th) at 7:00 P.M. for a quadruple bypass. The surgery went fairly well, except that Brent's heart was quite swollen, so they decided to keep his chest opened up until the swelling went down, for fear of causing too much pressure. He was put into a drug induced coma. They were finally able to close his chest on Saturday. Yesterday afternoon (Monday the 20th) they attempted to bring him back to consciousness. He was able to respond to simple commands (wiggle your toe, squeeze my hand,) and even opened his eyes for about thirty seconds, but then passed out again. They decided to keep him in a coma for the night, and try to wake him up again, today. I have not heard anything today, but should get a report sometime this evening. Let's all keep sending him our love and positive healing vibes. It will be great to get to ride with him again!!!
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

Salty Dog
    I went to the home page of MTBR.com and couldn't find any link or anything about paypal or donations.

Maybe I was just on the wrong page. If anyone finds it, please post the link on this thread.

Thanks!

Tommy

my dog's Frisbee launcher
    rock on Brent!!!!....you can do it!

Cheers Billy
    Darwin was an Optimist

Pivotal figure
    Damn, I was hoping that the "No news is good news" thing was working here. Brent's a tough guy though, I have faith that he'll kick this and be back to his normal (?) self in no time
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog
    I went to the home page of MTBR.com and couldn't find any link or anything about paypal or donations.

Maybe I was just on the wrong page. If anyone finds it, please post the link on this thread.

Thanks!

Tommy
    I had to search the older news to find the link, but here it is for the article that has a paypal link.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/paypal-...n-fund-raiser/
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

Salty Dog

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    I had to search the older news to find the link, but here it is for the article that has a paypal link.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/paypal-...n-fund-raiser/
    James, thanks for the help! It worked this time.

Just need to follow the instructions in BOLD RED, duh....

Tommy

Members who have read this thread: 0