Work Schedule Options- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Work Schedule Options

Greetings AZ Mtbers,

I've recently just relocated to AZ early this year and since June, I've established a mountain bike routine with my work schedule throughout the summer. I work from 8am to 5pm and head straight to SOMO after work. I ride for about an hour hitting DC and sometimes even adding the west loop and east loop singletrack. It has been a very dependable and fun routine throughout the summer. Lately, I've noticed that by the end of my hour session, it has been getting darker and darker as the sun sets earlier.

I spoke with my manager recently about the option we have at work during Fall Back DST for the other time zones. He informed me that I can either choose to cater my schedule to our East Coast clients or West Coast clients, which means either a 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm schedule. The temperature here is almost like SoCal so temperature isn't a factor. My question is: if I switch my hours from 8am-5pm to 9am-6pm, would that give me enough sunlight in the morning to be able to squeeze in 1 hour of riding before work at least until spring?
    Weekends of course is no issue. This is mostly so I can stay active on weekdays.
    I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

NardoSS
    Eventually your rides will have to be over with by 530 unless you have a light. I'd opt for the morning ride if I were you. Have you thought about night riding? You've probably memorized every trail on somo by now anyway and it makes a huge difference.

Just my $0.02. :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i think the latest ive seen here is a sunrise around 7, you should be good, but my vote is for a light. the wind seems to have died down by that time (530 pm) and the mornings do get a little nippy, but it is mainly up to what will keep you consistent. but a start at 7 will give you light enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0