******ed or Branded??

Work must be slow everyone is on here! Damn economy!

.Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

AKA shitbird
    Beyond slow for my laid-off, unemployed @ss. To tell you the truth I did enjoy having no schedule and running around in shorts all day instead of a suit. Then the severance pay ran out and it's reaaaally getting old, fast.
    JRA

Saucy Size
    Me: currently self-unemployed. But things are looking up as of this week. Just need to hold my breath a leeeetle bit longer and get through this effing summer.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

parenting for gnarness
    i actually find I waste the most time on FB and MTBR when I'm working hard - kinda like turning away from work but keeping my e-buzz at a high level so I can turn back to work and not have a comedown.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

aka Diesel
    *Googling employment*

What the hell is that?
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    *Googling employment*

What the hell is that?

*googling 'Nietzsche slave morality'*. Ah yes, there it is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    *googling 'Nietzsche slave morality'*. Ah yes, there it is.
    LMFAO!

Although... I probably shouldn't be.

Nietzche's ubermensch in modern society is probably a jobless/homeless guy with an enlightened worldview and a cult following. The story will run on the 5 o' clock news like Dostoevsky's 'Legend of the Grand Inquisitor'.... with an ironic moral, amplified and broadcast by propagandist media, and wasted on the 40 hr/week masses.

My other ride is your mom
    I have a hard time believing a master morality ever existed...it is the stuff of legends and unicorns as far as I'm concerned

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by sunset1123
    LMFAO!

Nietzche's ubermensch in modern society is probably a jobless/homeless guy with an enlightened worldview and a cult following. The story will run on the 5 o' clock news like Dostoevsky's 'Legend of the Grand Inquisitor'.... with an ironic moral, amplified and broadcast by propagandist media, and wasted on the 40 hr/week masses.
    Yetisurly.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I have a hard time believing a master morality ever existed...it is the stuff of legends and unicorns as far as I'm concerned
    no no, you have it all wrong. there is always a master morality, simply existing as the dominant moral structure at any given time. the slave morality was in fact a master morality post-Christ, but derogatively described by Nietzsche due to his disdain for its ethical principles of charity, forgiveness and other concepts that he felt promoted weakness as its form of a will to power. Cube life and contract employment overthrew single-company careers, which overthrew factory labor, which overthrew feudalism. To create you must destroy. Soon the self-unemployed among us will rise up and block the streets on their bicycles, thereby bringing the means of production to a halt, returning us to a state of eden full of legends and unicorns.

sprocket
    no no, you have it all wrong. there is always a master morality, simply existing as the dominant moral structure at any given time. the slave morality was in fact a master morality post-Christ, but derogatively described by Nietzsche due to his disdain for its ethical principles of charity, forgiveness and other concepts that he felt promoted weakness as its form of a will to power. Cube life and contract employment overthrew single-company careers, which overthrew factory labor, which overthrew feudalism. To create you must destroy. Soon the self-unemployed among us will rise up and block the streets on their bicycles, thereby bringing the means of production to a halt, returning us to a state of eden full of legends and unicorns.
    I am the Master Morality.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    And this is the issue with Mr. Nietzche... to some degree, Nihilism always leads to Idealism. It is a defect of the psyche. Yes, to create, we must destroy... but what guarantee is there that the newly born creation will be superior to the elder ruins? Ah, but you see, it does not matter. The breaking down of the system by this ill-defined cycle is a matter of history, and inspires no fear... the converse, otoh, is positively Orwellian.

Regardless, I think I'm gonna go ride my bike. The woods, for the time being, seem to be somewhat immune from economic apocalypses and philosophical ravings.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    I am the Master Morality.
    you *are* an ubermensch. But until I see 666 riding a CX bike with you on a canal, I would hold off any further coronations.

Saucy Size
    Soon the self-unemployed among us will rise up and block the streets on their bicycles, thereby bringing the means of production to a halt, returning us to a state of eden full of legends and unicorns.
    Hell yeah. I'm gonna roll my bike out into the middle of the road up South Mountain and bring the means of shuttling to a halt, returning the mountain to a state of eden full of legends and unicorns.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

sprocket
    you *are* an ubermensch. But until I see 666 riding a CX bike with you on a canal, I would hold off any further coronations.

eh, whatever I type here is purely to annoy and confuse others.

sixsixtysix
    Actually, I will be riding my CX bike on canals tonight, just not with YetiSurly...

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Hell yeah. I'm gonna roll my bike out into the middle of the road up South Mountain and bring the means of shuttling to a halt, returning the mountain to a state of eden full of legends and unicorns.

p.

It would be better if you rolled your unicorn out into the middle of the road on SoMo to halt the shuttling. Then you yourself would be the legend in eden.

What a DHer Unicorn may look like...
    Attached Images Attached Images

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Actually, I will be riding my CX bike on canals tonight, just not with YetiSurly...
    papago military res, 5:30.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    papago military res, 5:30.
    I am angry with the Papago area right now since they closed Galvin Parkway. Its adds at least 4-5 minutes to my commute.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I am angry with the Papago area right now since they closed Galvin Parkway. Its adds at least 4-5 minutes to my commute.
    Life is sometimes an arduous journey with moments of unhappiness.

mtb n00b

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    LMFAO!

News is useless. They'll just report on someone missing a nose... probably reported by uberdork, seen mclaughlin.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

LMFAO!

so you are basically describing Jeff Daniels character - The Dude - from "The Big Lewbowski"

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by amoroso
    Just checked that out and WOW! What I read on that site was inspiring in a depressing and pathetic kind of way that I can't really explain. Should I embrace that site or run from it fast?
    JRA

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Me: currently self-unemployed. But things are looking up as of this week. Just need to hold my breath a leeeetle bit longer and get through this *darn* summer.
    x2
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    so you are basically describing Jeff Daniels character - The Dude - from "The Big Lewbowski"
    you seem to be able to describe the entire world as scenes from the Big Lebowski.

it worked for you, did it not?

Members who have read this thread: 0