Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Wor

  1. #1
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563

    Wor

    or why I had a great weekend.
    The race itself didn't end as I had hoped - started cramping very early (no idea why) and fought them all they way from skull valley. Not fun but plenty of time for pictures and chatting whilst stopping to stretch every 10 minutes. By the end Geoff and I were have a contest to see who had the most muscle groups cramping. Despite the cramps and such I still had a great time. Good ride, good folks. Glad we stayed Sat night - the 2 mile ride back to the hotel was the logest two miles of the entire day -bless that jacuzzi! We had the mtbr bldg at the hotel with ST, Dirdir and Funboarder. I'll back next year for sure.
    1. Damn spider attacked me in the hotel - not the wake-up call I asked for
    2. Night before gettin ready
    3. Justin and Devo
    4. The gang
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by YuriB; 05-16-2005 at 07:40 AM.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  2. #2
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    1. The start area
    2. The first ST where everyone bunched up
    3-4. On the way to aid station 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  3. #3
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Aid station 1 came up pretty fast as did aid station 2 - the rest.....well.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  4. #4
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    A few more in no particualr order and evidence that I was still having fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  5. #5
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,406
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    or why I had a great weekend.
    The race itself didn't end as I had hoped - started cramping very early (no idea why) and fought them all they way from skull valley. Not fun but plenty of time for pictures and chatting whilst stopping to stretch every 10 minutes. By the end Geoff and I were have a contest to see who had the most muscle groups cramping. Despite the cramps and such I still had a great time. Good ride, good folks. Glad we stayed Sat night - the 2 mile ride back to the hotel was the logest two miles of the entire day -bless that jacuzzi! We had the mtbr bldg at the hotel with ST, Dirdir and Funboarder. I'll back next year for sure.
    1. Damn spider attacked me in the hotel - not the wake-up call I asked for
    2. Night before gettin ready
    3. Justin and Devo
    4. The gang
    I really missed joining you all...

    So Geoff's got the mean-looking goatee going again, eh?
    Ride more; post less...

  6. #6
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563

    Don't think so

    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I really missed joining you all...

    So Geoff's got the mean-looking goatee going again, eh?
    I think he ate some milkduds and rode thru the Gnat-fest
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    D@mn!

    Mountain biking (or lack thereof) is making me into one pudgy slob.

    Thanks to everyone for hanging out with me... especially Scott who had to tolerate me for a couple of hours, until he was finally able to drop me.

    Skinny-tire you still owe me a beer, but make it a light beer, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    A few more in no particualr order and evidence that I was still having fun
    Boy, that one of the guy walking next to the biker really shows how damn steep that hill was. Had a blast, but man, I can barely walk today.

  9. #9
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764
    Nice pics Yuri. I had no idea that you took the one of me, ST and funboarder at the finish. In fact, I had no idea a picture was taken by anyone at all. I must have been wasted. Thanks for saving me the extra effort of back tracking after having gone the wrong way.
    I AM JUST A JERK

  10. #10
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Nice pics Yuri. I had no idea that you took the one of me, ST and funboarder at the finish. In fact, I had no idea a picture was taken by anyone at all. I must have been wasted. Thanks for saving me the extra effort of back tracking after having gone the wrong way.
    Heck, I had no idea I took that picture either. I was in bed by 7 and asleep by 8 - party
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  11. #11
    Flight Junkie
    Reputation: IBIKEAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    834

    Fun Day

    What a nice day it was too. Last day of nice weather I bet too. I think the Snickers bar on the way up Skull Valley was my only saving grace. Next time I'll bring 3 of them. Nice to see all the mountain biking folks I've met here on MTBR out there tearing it up. Scott



    Quote Originally Posted by funboarder1971
    D@mn!

    Mountain biking (or lack thereof) is making me into one pudgy slob.

    Thanks to everyone for hanging out with me... especially Scott who had to tolerate me for a couple of hours, until he was finally able to drop me.

    Skinny-tire you still owe me a beer, but make it a light beer, please!
    ROTOR HEAD

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    Great pics Yuri. Thanks for taking them!

    Yeah, I was a little spacey at the end of the ride too.

    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Heck, I had no idea I took that picture either. I was in bed by 7 and asleep by 8 - party
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  13. #13
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    I think he ate some milkduds and rode thru the Gnat-fest
    I have a faint memory of a pain-like sensation in my legs, but no memory of gnats. Strange.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Similar Threads

  1. Final WOR Roll Call
    By YuriB in forum Arizona
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 02:11 PM
  2. Poll- doing the WOR?
    By YuriB in forum Arizona
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 08:27 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.