Women's Rides in Tucson- Mtbr.com
    Just Joshin' ya!

Women's Rides in Tucson

Does anyone know of any women's trail rides in Tucson? This is for someone very XC oriented and very beginner. Do any of the Tucson shops do anything?
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    Fantasy Island might have some stuff you have to hop off for, but the bulk of it should be rideable. Trailhead is on the corner of Harrison and Irvington. There's about 18-20 miles of trails.

http://www.mybikesite.com/arizona/tr...asy_island.htm

http://www.virtualtucsonmagazine.com...and_trail.html

http://www.savefantasyisland.org/

http://www.sdmb.org/stland.html

Unfortunately, Tucson is more of a roadie town than Phoenix. I haven't come across any shops that have a group mountain ride. Might want to call Tucson Bicycles on Swan and Sunrise, they might have something.

Have to admit, I'm not sure what you mean by women's trail rides though, a trail is a trail, doesn't matter what sex you are.
    Last edited by tazdevl; 01-22-2006 at 05:47 PM.

Just Joshin' ya!
    My girlfriend lives in Tucson and would like find some people to join on casual rides. There were rides in Phoenix when she lived there (Desert Wildflowers or something) and she would still consider herself a beginner so she would like to ride with other women. She doesn't huck, doesn't do anything to crazy, she just likes to ride easy flowing singletrack. I can understand that she wants to ride with other women at first as us guys can tend to be well, difficult to new riders, even though we don't mean to be. That's why I asked about a women's groups or a women's specific ride.
    Last edited by PrincipalRider; 01-22-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Just to clarify, I was not assigning any gender roles to the difficulty of a trail. I was talking about a group of women that ride on any of the xc trails in Tucson.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Check out SDMB

Check out the SDMB website and calendar at www.sdmb.org. They often have female-only or female-friendly rides posted, and Martha sometimes puts on MTB101 rides for beginners or anyone looking to improve (the next one scheduled is for 2/12).

Jeff

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Martha is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Punk
    Check out the SDMB website and calendar at www.sdmb.org. They often have female-only or female-friendly rides posted, and Martha sometimes puts on MTB101 rides for beginners or anyone looking to improve (the next one scheduled is for 2/12).

Jeff
    Definitely check out the SDMB website. I have watched Martha teach, and have ridden with her before. Patient, reliable, and does the exclude the boys rides (rats). She also has her own website, check it out here.
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Members who have read this thread: 0