Windgate + Bell Passes Times- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Windgate + Bell Passes Times

I rode from the Basha's up Windgate then up Bell and back to Basha's today, the classic Double Pass ride and was wondering what everyone else can do that ride in? I'm not looking for a pissing match thread or an I'm so awesome thread. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not awesome by any means, I'm just wondering what everyone does that ride in. My gut feeling is that I'm in the middle or back of the pack and my hope would be seeing other peoples' times would be a good training motivator for me (or others).

My time from Basha's, up Windgate, up Bell and back was exactly 2:30 this afternoon. How does that stack up?

Ahhh the pain....
    TB2k,
    Last time I did that ride, my time was 1:41. However, I've been riding that for a couple years and I know I used to be over 2 hours. You're doing good to get out there and tackle both of those climbs...keep at it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum
    TB2k,
    Last time I did that ride, my time was 1:41. However, I've been riding that for a couple years and I know I used to be over 2 hours. You're doing good to get out there and tackle both of those climbs...keep at it!
    Raybum, Thanks for the feedback. I've done that ride probably 4-5 times but I felt the strongest and fastest today. 1:41 is very impressive. Almost an hour faster than me and I felt strong with what I did today! That is a good piece of motivation right there.

On a funny note: today I had one of my first moments where I felt like a true local. I have lived here just a little under 2 years. I followed and eventually passed a couple from Fort Collins. At the top of Windgate the guy said to me: "It probably doesn't seem hot to you" and I thought and said "No, it's perfect today". Not too hot and a nice breeze. At the top of Bell he said his wife was really feeling the heat. Made me feel a little better

Got a suspension fork
    Ray turns in pretty good times on that ride. I haven't done that double bypass in some time, but it takes me an hour and a minute or two from Basha's to the top of Windgate (going the Desert Park route, not Gateway) and I usually climb Bell Pass in about 19 minutes. (rigid ss)
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    kinda on the same note...did the other side of the park...started round 9am climed windgate,then down to east end then up east end to tom's thumb back to the bottom in about 3.5 hrs. Thats with a few stops and one hell of a hike a bike up east end with a 40 pound rig.

That was my second time riding out there and had a blast.

mtbr member
    Steve- up east end?? Yikes! That had to be almost all HAB.

Randy- that time up to windgate sounds about right. I think I was at 1:15 or so at that point. Good to have feedback to see how much improvement there is to be had.

Members who have read this thread: 0