I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

Willow Dells Father and Son Trip!

What a great day today! Left the oven of Phx this am with my 7 year old son Austin and headed up to Prescott to hit Willow Dells. Ate a few moonpies on the way and drank a Slush puppy. We are really healthy. But what can I say the boy is spoiled and when he's out with dad he gets what he wants. Arrived in Prescott and got saddled up. He cleaned pretty much all the down hill sections, the climbs where a bit tough on him but lucky dad was there to carry his bike up. He had a few good falls, Dad had a few good heart attacks. Day was amazing! Nothing better than sweet riding, beutiful weather, and seeing ur son shred it up. He even cleaned a pretty tough section that 2 adults just weenie walked and then watched him shred it!
    Then left and met Latedropbob and he made some killer veggie stirfry from his Garden, and then went and shuttled Mingus!!!
    Then grubed on some sweet Mexican food, went home unpacked and went to Urgent Care.
    All was well even if within 15 minutes of playing at the Dells Dad fell on his ass and now confirmed by the Doctor...Fractured my tailbone!
    But who lets that stop u from riding the rest of the day!
    Heres some Pictures of our adventure!

This looks like he falls but he just layed into a berm and ripped it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

I am Walt
    That's awesome...good for you two! The little guy is impressive...
    Ride more; post less...

Kathleen in AZ
    Great day for you and the little ripper till the broken tailbone part. ouch! You trying to compete with me for most stupid bones broken while falling off a bike?

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

lol

I know DG its seems that way doesnt it. All an say is wow the pain is killer the next day after being in bed lol.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Powered by ice cream.
    Sweet. Good place to learn.

Glad you both enjoyed the trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Great pic and Vid! It was cool hangin' with you guys. Austin is a cool kid. To bad you couldn't get some more runs in with that broken a$$. There's alot more trail up there. Thanks for the shuttle, that was one of my sickest runs down 28th!

dirt debutaunte
    Stu, Love the pics and video! He looks so much like you, at first I actually thought the vid was of you.

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

yep

yea When hes at my Moms house hes sees pictures of me and her in Vail and asks when he was there. We looked almost the same when I was his age!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The little dude rocks! Always good to see more youngsters interested in speed and danger!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great to see a dad who's taking a huge interest in his son's fun.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Dude, I can't wait until my sons will be that age and we can do this kind of stuff. Right now, my oldest is 1 and my next son will be born in December, but I am still so excited for times like that. Thanks for sharing.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

AZ
    banned
    Best thread on MTBR .

Shred...it's the new drug
    Yeah, austin's a cool kid indeed! Hopefully my 15 month old grows up with that much personality I got mine on his push bike daily and watching mountian bike videos to prep him for future gnar!!! I'm definitely enjoying his current age as he'll be 18 soon enough...

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Thanx for all the great comments guys! It sure is very rewarding to have a kid that would rather be outdoors hanging with dad than playing video games and watching tv.

Members who have read this thread: 0