• Don't look good in lycra

11 26.83%
  • too much energy drink on the shuttle up

19 46.34%
    mtbr member

Wink Why are DHers so sensitive?

???

AKA shitbird
    Maybe because we know deep down that we ride big bikes to make up for our shortcomings?

That's why I DH
    JRA

mtbr member
    I DH because I am ashamed of my road bike.

******ed or Branded??
    Cause we don't have time to whine while we are climbing. Unless we are earning our turns!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

pedaller
    Sunrise is closed.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Cause we don't have time to whine while we are climbing. Unless we are earning our turns!!
    You seem to make time.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You seem to make time.

That's cause I can multi-task very well! And your just jealous
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

sixsixtysix
    Cause we're sick of catching sh!t from people who "Earn Their Turns".

mtbr member
    I'm always trying to give people hugs on trails...but the police said I can't do that anymore...

sixsixtysix
    I'm always trying to give people hugs on trails...but the police said I can't do that anymore...

Hugs don't involve your penis. But they could if you wear SPANDEX!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Hugs don't involve your penis.
    Maybe your hugs don't...

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    Do you want a hug Steve-O?

******ed or Branded??
    What there are hugs being passed around??? I want one, Hold the penis please (away from me thou)

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I like to DH because it gives me a break from the Scottsdale club scene...which is oh so roadie.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I like to DH because it gives me a break from the Scottsdale club scene...which is oh so roadie.
    Your hair says otherwise

mtbr member
    What there are hugs being passed around??? I want one, Hold the penis please (away from me thou)
    That's not what you said in Pinetop.

My other ride is your mom
    Because they don't get any respect at park benches
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Obviously it is because we don't get to ride 12 deep with 1 hottie like the roadies we saw this morning.

I wonder what her dirty thoughts were looking at all that spandex butt? Stevo??

sixsixtysix
    We all need a hug sometimes...

******ed or Branded??

There are so many things wrong with that picture, I don't know where to start. The cherry part is it getting caught on film in two different angles

oooh, shiny...
    Because deep down they all really want to ride this bike?

mtbr member

hey Kavu,I think this guy is ready for a huge...from behind

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I knew there was something wrong with the Scottsdale club scene.................

mtbr member
    I smashed a nut on my seat. That was pretty sensative for a while.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

The .05 percent
    Maybe cause we are not into the Euro Capri pant fixi Gay hipster crowd... that seems to be coming to the YMCA near you

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I DH cuz I got no real time to "get out and ride"... I can catch a shuttle with some friends every now and then and get the speed, the tech, the GNAR, hang with the boys, smoke, drink, etc..... ALL DAY LONG! What part of that doesn't sound fun? And I don't need spandex for ANY of it.

mtbr member
    cause you can't win the tour with hairy legs.

Bandolero

Don't turn around

I laughed when I read that.

Mtn.Biker123 took this picture after a 25 mile shuttle. It's frightening.

Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    hey Kavu,I think this guy is ready for a huge...from behind
    In the animal kingdom, this is known as "presenting".

I ride DH because...well, no I don't. I'm a poseur. I just want to hang around the cool kids.

mtbr member
    This thread was intended to make fun of DHers.
    Can't we just laugh about ourselves without having to make fun of roadie shorts? I'm tired of the roadie and XC jokes and want to move on to DH jokes. We need to get them out in the open.

There is some great material to make fun of and I think it's time to get it out in the open. Laughing at ourselves is the best way to gain perspective and come together. I laugh nearly everytime I put on my roadie gear and do the same when I put on my DH gear. It's funny stuff.

Here are a few sterotypes I find funny about the DH/gravity/shuttle set (I am a part of this set as much as I am a part of the roadie and XC bike commuter set).

1. Gnar. it's used so much it's hard not to use it
    2. Gravity assisted riding: come on, did we really need to rename DH riding gravity riding?
    3. the ridiculus shorts: especially the neon camo stuff that is out there
    4. the strange (and possibly revealing) compulsion for homophobic jokes
    5. Drinking energy drinks before a DH ride. The stuff tastes like sweetend sewage. Coffee or Coke and a doughnut is much more satisfying.
    6. The gnagsta rap, bling styling often used.

sixsixtysix
    Your points just show the tragic misunderstanding of the DHer breed.

Its Pirate talk, plain and simple. GNAAAAAAAAAR!

2. Gravity assisted riding: come on, did we really need to rename DH riding gravity riding?
    Gravity assisted riding is an old term, the new one is "Human powered motocross" please make a note.

Only Kavu falls into this category, and if you think the shorts are bad, you should have been there for the "Cow Pant" incident...

We've moved on to "Your Mom" jokes for the time being. I believe then next topic in the cycle is poop.

5. Drinking energy drinks before a DH ride. The stuff tastes like sweetend sewage. Coffee or Coke and a doughnut is much more satisfying.
    Actually the energy drinks are just to get the body moving again after all the pot we smoke. The proper mix for riding DH is "Body Fast, Mind Slow".

6. The gnagsta rap, bling styling often used.[/QUOTE]
    Gangsta Rap sucks, its all about 80's and Pop Music before a DH ride. For example, SmokenSpokesJoey listens to "Mmm Bop" by Hanson or "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake while he rides. (No Joke)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    This thread was intended to make fun of DHers.
    Can't we just laugh about ourselves without having to make fun of roadie shorts? I'm tired of the roadie and XC jokes and want to move on to DH jokes. We need to get them out in the open.

There is some great material to make fun of and I think it's time to get it out in the open. Laughing at ourselves is the best way to gain perspective and come together. I laugh nearly everytime I put on my roadie gear and do the same when I put on my DH gear. It's funny stuff.

Here are a few sterotypes I find funny about the DH/gravity/shuttle set (I am a part of this set as much as I am a part of the roadie and XC bike commuter set).

There are far better stereotypes...

1) Coming up with different uses of the word Gnar - Gnartastic, Gnartitude, Gnar Gnar Binks, etc.
    2) I don't know anyone who calls it "Gravity Assisted Riding". We call it "men in woods time".
    3) Shorts? Shoot, I wear a whole Neon Camo OUTFIT. With flames on my helmet. That's not even counting the LBZ gear...
    4) Its our way of coping when you are pressed 10 people into a Tacoma...you have to make light of the situation when there is a grown man sitting on you. So - g@y jokes.
    5) We drink PBR. The men drink King Cobra. Energy Drinks mean you're doing it wrong.
    6) Well, that's 'cause we're F**King gangstas. All of us. We so rule.

mtbr member
    Your points just show the tragic misunderstanding of the DHer breed.

Its Pirate talk, plain and simple. GNAAAAAAAAAR!

Gravity assisted riding is an old term, the new one is "Human powered motocross" please make a note.

Only Kavu falls into this category, and if you think the shorts are bad, you should have been there for the "Cow Pant" incident...

We've moved on to "Your Mom" jokes for the time being. I believe then next topic in the cycle is poop.

Actually the energy drinks are just to get the body moving again after all the pot we smoke. The proper mix for riding DH is "Body Fast, Mind Slow".

Gangsta Rap sucks, its all about 80's and Pop Music before a DH ride. For example, SmokenSpokesJoey listens to "Mmm Bop" by Hanson or "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake while he rides. (No Joke)[/QUOTE]

&*)(*()*)(*!!! you sniped me.
    F***

Just wait until Cow Pants make their return...

sixsixtysix
    There are far better stereotypes...

1) Coming up with different uses of the word Gnar - Gnartastic, Gnartitude, Gnar Gnar Binks, etc.
    2) I don't know anyone who calls it "Gravity Assisted Riding". We call it "men in woods time".
    3) Shorts? Shoot, I wear a whole Neon Camo OUTFIT. With flames on my helmet. That's not even counting the LBZ gear...
    4) Its our way of coping when you are pressed 10 people into a Tacoma...you have to make light of the situation when there is a grown man sitting on you. So - g@y jokes.
    5) We drink PBR. The men drink King Cobra. Energy Drinks mean you're doing it wrong.
    6) Well, that's 'cause we're F**King gangstas. All of us. We so rule.

Ok, we need to get on the same page here. Anyone else from the crew want to have a crack at this so we can form a unified front, maybe draw up a set of DHer's union By-Laws?

AKA shitbird
    Only complete F-tards and homos use that word. The real d!pshits morph "gnar" into other words. pay no attention to my title

It gives this riding style mystery to an outsider. Makes it sound like maybe we are jumping out of planes to start our ride. In simpler terms, gravity = gnartastic

You try clothes shopping when high as sh!t. "style" changes when you're 5 bongloads deep into Friday night internet shopping.

92% of the time these aren't jokes....just ask Doodooboi

But the cans look so damn GNAR, how can one resist?!

Word...
    JRA

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    I love this thread! I second 666 responses!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Saucy Size
    Many thanks to the cool DH guys who know how to laugh at themselves. Next up: the only thing straight about an MBAA racer is -->

a) the first 2" of their colon
    b) the first 4" of their colon
    c) the first 6" of their colon

And then we'll move on to those AM wannabes: too sissy to DH, too fat to climb (I place myself squarely in this category).

I'd invite a "SSers are a bunch of drunks and stoners" thread but they're all too drunk and/or stoned to sit at a keyboard and type cogign...cojent...dammit where are the Chee-tos...

Have we left anyone out? I mean other than the roadies -- particularly turncoats like 360 who actually are badass, well-rounded mountain bikers who dare use a road bike for training. I say this from personal experience: the man behind the 360 username will fcuking school 99.9% of you on the mountain.

Oh shoot! I almost forgot:

Inattentive drivers.

Open season on any and all driver hate threads for the next 48 hours. Go go go.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Many thanks to the cool DH guys who know how to laugh at themselves. Next up: the only thing straight about an MBAA racer is -->

a) the first 2" of their colon
    b) the first 4" of their colon
    c) the first 6" of their colon

And then we'll move on to those AM wannabes: too sissy to DH, too fat to climb (I place myself squarely in this category).

I'd invite a "SSers are a bunch of drunks and stoners" thread but they're all too drunk and/or stoned to sit at a keyboard and type cogign...cojent...dammit where are the Chee-tos...

Have we left anyone out? I mean other than the roadies -- particularly turncoats like 360 who actually are badass, well-rounded mountain bikers who dare use a road bike for training. I say this from personal experience: the man behind the 360 username will fcuking school 99.9% of you on the mountain.

Oh shoot! I almost forgot:

Inattentive drivers.

Open season on any and all driver hate threads for the next 48 hours. Go go go.

p.

Doodooboi - a thread by himself. Seriously. WTF.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    [QUOTE=KavuRider]Doodooboi - a thread by himself. Seriously. WTF.[/QUOTE

Paul B outdid himself on that one. WOW!

******ed or Branded??
    Doodooboi - a threat by himself. Seriously. WTF.

Ok fixed that for ya!

Now for the list
    1st off it called Gnarffleupagus.....
    2nd is just assisted riding. cause that's what it always ends up to be, like Eabos mom she needs assistance to be ridden
    3rd well that is up in the air between Markskee and Kavu. It's either has to match or be loud.
    4th Like Eabos said we moved to Momma jokes. To bad Eabos mom is a planet nothing can move that momma!!! except a nice jelly filled Sixty.... Plus I'm ghey and love it when the truck is full of stinky sweaty men. OOOOHHHH AzDog I got a rod for you!!!!
    5th Ok this one is a touchy one. Only cause I have seen experience and heard the bad vomiting side affects of this nauseating drinks. But Spam HIll is sponsored by them why the hell not drink it.
    6th We are GangstA's and anyone else is the POOKY to my New Jack City i.e. Yetisurly....

mtbr member
    3rd well that is up in the air between Markskee and Kavu. It's either has to match or be loud.
    I will win. That is my goal.
    If I can't be the fastest or the gnarest, I will be the biggest eyesore possible.

Just wait...

******ed or Branded??
    I will win. That is my goal.
    If I can't be the fastest or the gnarest, I will be the biggest eyesore possible.

Just wait...

I agree cause Markskee will get caught up trying to look prettier than AzDog. There should be a chanllenge of the two to see who uses the most hair products to prevent damage from a full face!!

mtbr member
    I agree cause Markskee will get caught up trying to look prettier than AzDog. There should be a chanllenge of the two to see who uses the most hair products to prevent damage from a full face!!
    I wonder how cow pants would go over at Dirty Dog?

******ed or Branded??
    I wonder how cow pants would go over at Dirty Dog?

I bet the girls would want a bull ride.......Me first thou!!!

mtbr member
    I bet the girls would want a bull ride.......Me first thou!!!
    Sweet.

Well of course, that goes without saying...

AKA shitbird
    Ok fixed that for ya!

Now for the list
    1st off it called Gnarffleupagus.....
    2nd is just assisted riding. cause that's what it always ends up to be, like Eabos mom she needs assistance to be ridden
    4th Like Eabos said we moved to Momma jokes. To bad Eabos mom is a planet nothing can move that momma!!! except a nice jelly filled Sixty.... Plus I'm ghey and love it when the truck is full of stinky sweaty men. OOOOHHHH AzDog I got a rod for you!!!!
    5th Ok this one is a touchy one. Only cause I have seen experience and heard the bad vomiting side affects of this nauseating drinks. But Spam HIll is sponsored by them why the hell not drink it.
    6th We are GangstA's and anyone else is the POOKY to my New Jack City i.e. Yetisurly....
    Speaking of Mom's, why do you think yours is stuck on Hawaii? We put her there so she's far enough away that we can't see her. Besides they needed a reason to call it the "BIG" island.
    JRA

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Did someone say Dirty Dogg? I'm in!

Ya my helmet smells like Suave and Axe gel.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Speaking of Mom's, why do you think yours is stuck on Hawaii? We put her there so she's far enough away that we can't see her. Besides they needed a reason to call it the "BIG" island.

Holy crap I pissed my self laughing at this one!!!

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    My little DH oddity is that these bicyles, which require gravity.. are really neat and fun. But, you need gravity to ride them properly. For the same price, I can have a shiny new Honda CRF and ride it just about anywhere.

mtbr member
    I use no hair product before a ride! But let it be known to everyone AZDOG puts gel in his hair before he leaves to ride DH. Sooooo Scottsdale!

mtbr member
    Bump

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    DHer's sensitive? Yeah right! DHer's are the most badass mofo's ever! If Chuck Norris rode mountain bikes he wouldn't even consider anything but DH.

banned
    Whenever a Momma's boy types give up the skateboard for a bike, a ginger points a green laser down their pee hole.

Meatbomb

mtbr member
    This poll hurts my feelings

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    Obviously it is because we don't get to ride 12 deep with 1 hottie like the roadies we saw this morning.

I wonder what her dirty thoughts were looking at all that spandex butt? Stevo??
    No, It's because we ride 12 deep with Pasch.
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflatout

"4. the strange (and possibly revealing) compulsion for homophobic jokes"

This poll hurts ______'s ________.
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflatout

Polls hurt me too. Especially when I'm not ready for them.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    My little DH oddity is that these bicyles, which require gravity.. are really neat and fun. But, you need gravity to ride them properly. For the same price, I can have a shiny new Honda CRF and ride it just about anywhere.
    My honda crf450r sits so long the seals leak

Ill clean it up for the dunes though
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

Members who have read this thread: 0