Why...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Why...

Meatbomb

Why...

Why do most people still ride so early in the morning when the afternoons are so nice this time of year?

I'd much rather ride in 70* than 50* weather.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    Why do most people still ride so early in the morning when the afternoons are so nice this time of year?

I'd much rather ride in 70* than 50* weather.
    They have to get their money's worth of their long pants, winter gloves, face masks, polartec underwear, etc.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    If I don't ride early then the odds that life happens and kills an afternoon ride increase exponentially. I'll sneak an afternoon ride when I can can and will enjoy it tremendously but if I want to guarantee that I get on the bike it has to be right after I roll out of bed.

mtbr member

A what?

Its called a JOB

Pivoteer
    Because I can't wait that long
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

Meatbomb
    I guess I'm lucky. My staff is all EST so after about 2:30 all meetings die off and I can ride and then catch up on email when I get back.

mtbr member
    l love riding in the afternoons, especially when the weather is like this.

But I go Tues and Thurs in the am while my son is in preschool. I get a 3 hour bike pass during that time!!

That way if I dont have to do all my long ones on the weekend. Also afternoons are usually spent either working or at the park with my boy!

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    lots less traffic on the trail in the early am

But the real reason is Karen, Ryan, Kameron, Kyle, and Logan. If I ride early I can get home before they get going for the day. If I was single or kidless afternoons now would be great.

Bobo

mtbr member
    Some of us have other sh!t to do.

My other ride is your mom
    when the morning dew is on the trail, it makes things extra tacky......and we all love that.

mtbr member
    During the week - Job. Kinda get's in the way...

I start in the morning on the weekends, but don't usually finish until the afternoon. Then, it gives you time to rest up a bit before doing something in the evening.

sixsixtysix
    It's easier to start off in the morning when its dark and ride with the sun coming up than rushing after work to get a ride in before the sun goes down.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I didn't technically have to be in to the office until 11 am this morning. Did I go for a ride? No, because if the temperature is below 60, I am a giant vajajay.

Normally though, I have to be at the office in the afternoons, so usually there are no rides for me.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

In the rear with the beer
    I fit in a ride whenever life allows. Once I win the powerball though...its totally afternoon rides for me!!
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    I didn't technically have to be in to the office until 11 am this morning. Did I go for a ride? No, because if the temperature is below 60, I am a giant vajajay.

Normally though, I have to be at the office in the afternoons, so usually there are no rides for me.
    Under 60? seriously? Man, you would not cut it anywhere else in the country I used to do 30 mile SS urban ride's in Chicago when it was a 10-15 degree air temp, not taking into consideration the wind. brrrrrrrrr.

Not saying I miss it either, but I don't ever really consider it "Too Cold" to ride out here.

Victim of Saddle Rage
    I am trying to muster up my strength to go and face an afternoon ride right now in chilly 63 degree temps here in LC, NM. Hopefully this will be a phx or tucson weekend (Sat 75, Sun 77.) I have to agree under 60 is just downright cold

livin' the dream......
    I have been pretty good about bringing my crap with me, changing at work and peeling off the 51 on my way home from work and riding out of 40th St.

During the summer, not an option for me and it is limited to the weekend mornings. Afternoons this time of year rock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Wow I would kill for 63, I rode her in Delaware on Saturday and it was 16 degrees with 10-15mph winds. Water bottle froze solid. Can't wait to ride in Phoenix tomorrow. I'm renting from Cactus Bikes and riding on South Mountain. Hopefully all will go well. If it's 63 I may have a t shirt on...lol

Members who have read this thread: 0