mtbr member

Who survived D2D yesterday?

What a race yesterday. That weather got a little harsh at times! I was lucky to avoid the nastiest part of it and even luckier that my parents let me borrow their motorhome (not so lucky now that I have to spend the whole day cleaning it up). The course stayed in great condition and was fast throughout the entire day. I would have to say that my highlight was recovering for my last two laps, having a fast times for both and finishing before dark.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkracr View Post
    What a race yesterday. That weather got a little harsh at times! I was lucky to avoid the nastiest part of it and even luckier that my parents let me borrow their motorhome (not so lucky now that I have to spend the whole day cleaning it up). The course stayed in great condition and was fast throughout the entire day. I would have to say that my highlight was recovering for my last two laps, having a fast times for both and finishing before dark.
    Nice work out there. You guys had quite a battle all day for first.

Was on a quad team that took 4th.

I'm still cold.
    Last edited by WhiskersOfDeath; 12-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Just came in from putting all my stuff away that I did,nt have the energy to do last night. Ouch, my bike is trashed!

And yes it was insanely cold. Got my 8 laps in, but really died on the last three.

But had some fun and met some cool riders during the race! Thanks for my fellow SS'r from Tucson that pulled me thru the third and fourth lap.

mtbr member
    Whiskers, you guys had an army out there! The other half of my duo team had to deal with laps 7 and 8, right during the nastiest of the weather. He came in a bit hypothermic and cramped up and the lap time reflected that. I tried like hell on laps 9 and 10 but it was too little too late.

Brit, nice work! you did two more laps than I did and I was wrecked when I finished. You solo singlespeeders are a tough bunch!

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkracr View Post
    Whiskers, you guys had an army out there! The other half of my duo team had to deal with laps 7 and 8, right during the nastiest of the weather. He came in a bit hypothermic and cramped up and the lap time reflected that. I tried like hell on laps 9 and 10 but it was too little too late.

I was out on lap 8 in the hail....it sucked.... a lot. I came in soaked and covered with mud. Somewhere during that lap, the rear shock on my epic took a crap...gotta take it in today to get it looked at.

Did you guys get to the awards on time? I was one of the guys loading the truck in the dark telling you the awards were starting without you.

mtbr member
    Ha Ha.....Yeah, we made it to awards got our sweet card board "medals", generic DCB pint glasses, and basked in the glory for our allotted 30 seconds of fame. I didn't have any problems with my bike during the race however, when I pulled it out of the motorhome this morning and looked at my drivetrain, I moved my rear derailleur cage but the chain held the shape it was resting in all night...guess I'd better clean and lube the bike before the mcdowell 50 this weekend!

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Great day out there yesterday, sort of like a little slice of 2011's 24 Old Pueblo without the nighttime laps!