Who rents bikes in Tucson- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who rents bikes in Tucson

I lived in Tucson a long time, so I am familiar with the shops and trails. I'm heading back for a vacation next week, and don't want to bring my bike. Last time I rented a bike in Tucson must have been over 12 years ago at Broadway bikes (they were renting full suspension Proflex at the time!)
    Who's renting these days?

"Yabut"
    Broadway still rents, and so does Fairwheel.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Thanks.
    It looks like Broadway has Trek Fuel EX for $50/day, and Fairwheel has Epics and Stumpjumpers for $65.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    SouthWest Trekking also rents.

caninus xerophilous
    If you're on the NW side of town, near Oro Valley, Way Out West rents C-dales and is near the popular 50 Year Trail. 825-4590

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    If you're on the NW side of town, near Oro Valley, Way Out West rents C-dales and is near the popular 50 Year Trail. 825-4590
    I never knew about that place. It looks very cool. It looks like that's where I should be staying!

mtbr member
    I had a great time in Tucson, and was able to ride Star Pass and Chiva falls while I was there. Maybe not perfect choices, but two great classic Tucson rides that bring back lots of fond memories for me.

The guys at Broadway Bikes were cool. I got a Gary Fisher Hi Fi for $50 bucks. It's a cool shop I should have supported more when I lived there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve
    I had a great time in Tucson, and was able to ride Star Pass and Chiva falls while I was there. Maybe not perfect choices, but two great classic Tucson rides that bring back lots of fond memories for me.

The guys at Broadway Bikes were cool. I got a Gary Fisher Hi Fi for $50 bucks. It's a cool shop I should have supported more when I lived there.
    I would agree they are a great store! Absolutly killer customer service. You drove right by my house if you went to reddington!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianb21
    I would agree they are a great store! Absolutly killer customer service. You drove right by my house if you went to reddington!
    Be thankful every day that you live in such a cool beautiful place. I moved to Denver a year ago, which is supposed to be a mountain biking mecca, but I'll tell you that Tucson beats Denver for mountain biking by about a bazillion percent.
    Sitting in a snow storm right now, and have barely had a chance to ride at all in 5 months.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Be thankful every day that you live in such a cool beautiful place. I moved to Denver a year ago, which is supposed to be a mountain biking mecca, but I'll tell you that Tucson beats Denver for mountain biking by about a bazillion percent.
    Sitting in a snow storm right now, and have barely had a chance to ride at all in 5 months.
    Tucson is nice but i love to snowboard and breck is a killer spot! I just got into the mountain bike riding so i am looking forward to going alot of new places!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Check out Pueblo, hear the trails south of the reservoir are sweet, 60+ miles of trails.
    Lake Pueblo State Park. Also wanna check out the Hogback by Red Rocks.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold
    Check out Pueblo, hear the trails south of the reservoir are sweet, 60+ miles of trails.
    Lake Pueblo State Park. Also wanna check out the Hogback by Red Rocks.
    I do need to check out Pueblo. It's south, and lower elevation, so the trails are ride-able
    at times throughout the winter.

I've been to the trails around Red Rocks. Some good riding for sure, when it isn't covered with snow, ice or mud. And it gets pretty crowded on weekends in the summer.
    You really have to appreciate what you have in Tucson. compared to Denver, the trails are:
    Closer
    Less crowded
    Just as beautiful
    Ride-able EVERY day.

Tucson is a great place to be a mountain biker.

Tucson is nice but i love to snowboard and breck is a killer spot! I just got into the mountain bike riding so i am looking forward to going alot of new places!
    I have to admit, the skiing keeps winter bearable for me. Loveland and A Basin are still open, and I had a great day at Loveland yesterday. Bright and sunny above timberline at 11,000 to 13,000 feet altitude all day. Pretty cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0