mtbr member

White Mountains - NOT the Tour

Can someone (a member, on this site point) me to a trail map (online or via email attachment) along with
    route suggestions?
    Last edited by Evil Patrick; 08-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

AZ
    banned
    Smoken Spokes crew at Cactus Bikes in Pine Top .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Smoken Spokes crew at Cactus Bikes in Pine Top .
    Thanks, but I was hoping to get online resources so that I wouldn't have to schedule a ride
    based on anyone's "hours of operation".

Tracey and I will probably be up there and ready to ride at about 7 or 8 AM on Friday. It's
    not usual for a bike shop to be open at 6 AM.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

AZ
    banned
    swlink.net

Elitest thrill junkie
    I don't know Epicrider's website, but with a little searching on the AZ board I've always been able to find it. He should have good maps.

Found it:

http://singletrack.us/gallery/index.php?cat=10
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    swlink.net
    That redirects to http://www.interwrx.com/

-- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem

Excellent! Dale pulls through again.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    That redirects to http://www.interwrx.com/

Sorry , thats all Ive got .

Edit: I do recomend Los Burros , nice moderate single track .

EDR
    http://www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org/trail1.htm

This page has all the official trails in Showlow/Pinetop/Lakeside area. They are all loops with connector trails between them.

I recommend Los Burros also. It's the best overall trail in the system. Ride it CCW.

Note: There was a lightning fire a few weeks ago when I was there and portions of the trail were closed. Check with the FS or the Sitgreaves National Forest website for closures.

I haven't done South Fork yet. I hear it's pretty though...still, if in the White Mtn's I think Los Burros is a must.

mtbr member
    that trail from mex hay lake is SWEET. there's allot of riding right around that area. we did a bunch of awesome trails in the area during the old valle redondo fat tire fest.......
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Head into Cycle Mania at some point and ask them about the 'secret' trails. They are just southwest of the hospital. I beleive parts of the 'secret' trail system hooks into the Buena Vista trail. Lots of fun riding through there!!!

mtbr member
    Can someone (a member, on this site point) me to a trail map (online or via email attachment) along with
    route suggestions?
    Here's the Springerville ranger district's trail guide. Not all of the trails are open to bicycles, but I'd recommend Indian Springs to the West Fork of the Black River.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/recreat...uide_Pages.pdf

The rail trail is shown on the map, too.

Enjoy!
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    http://www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org/trail1.htm

This page has all the official trails in Showlow/Pinetop/Lakeside area. They are all loops with connector trails between them.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave
    Here's the Springerville ranger district's trail guide.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/recreat...uide_Pages.pdf

WOW!

The Mother Load!

Thanks for the excellent resources!

As an aside, the Trail Review section on this site needs a place in the header to add links
    such as the above.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

Just another half mile...
    My favorite two trails up in the White Mtns are the South Fork Trails and the Mt Baldy loop, which is actually two trails combined into a loop, the West Fork and the East fork trails of the Little Colorado. South fork is a fun decent from Mexican Hay lake that can be shuttled, but also can be done as an out and back from the South Fork Campground. The out and back version will require a short hike-a-bike up a short section of loose trail and a rock shoot, point 'B' on my MAP. The Mt Baldy Loop is a fun trail and probably has the most remote feel of the White Mtn Trails. The initial climb is challenging and ends with a fun one mile technical DH back into Greer. Start the ride at the trail head parking area at the south end of the road that goes through Greer, mark as "P" on my MAP. Ride north back through town and follow the map in a counter clockwise direction. The trail may have been rerouted in the where it crosses and runs along SR 273 since the highway was realigned in this area. Mostly singletrack except for the section of forest road to connect to the trwo trails (FR 554). The last five miles from pt '5' is fun rolling DH singletrack.

Excellent! Dale pulls through again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    My favorite two trails up in the White Mtns are the South Fork Trails and the Mt Baldy loop, which is actually two trails combined into a loop, the West Fork and the East fork trails of the Little Colorado. South fork is a fun decent from Mexican Hay lake that can be shuttled, but also can be done as an out and back from the South Fork Campground. The out and back version will require a short hike-a-bike up a short section of loose trail and a rock shoot, point 'B' on my MAP. The Mt Baldy Loop is a fun trail and probably has the most remote feel of the White Mtn Trails. The initial climb is challenging and ends with a fun one mile technical DH back into Greer. Start the ride at the trail head parking area at the south end of the road that goes through Greer, mark as "P" on my MAP. Ride north back through town and follow the map in a counter clockwise direction. The trail may have been rerouted in the where it crosses and runs along SR 273 since the highway was realigned in this area. Mostly singletrack except for the section of forest road to connect to the trwo trails (FR 554). The last five miles from pt '5' is fun rolling DH singletrack.

I rode the Mt. Baldy loop in June. Your map is pretty accurate. When you get close to SR273, just head for the gated culvert across the meadow (trail is really hard to follow here), come out on the other side, then follow the cinder railroad grade through the Sheep Crossing area, under a bridge, and then parallel to the dirt road until you reach the FR554/Winn CG junction. Pick up the East Fork trail here.

More info here.

Members who have read this thread: 0