Whiskey pre ride info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Whiskey pre ride info

I saw the pre-ride for the Whiskey was posted on Facebook . Unfortunately I don't have Facebook so I'm looking for some information. I am interested in the Preriding the 30 on Sunday April 3. If anyone knows of a group that is going on Sunday, I would appreciate any information on where they are meeting, times , locations, etc. Thanks

mtbr member
    This was posted on Epic Ride's Whiskey Off-Road Page:

We at Epic Rides have always felt there is no substitute for a pre-ride. It's the ideal opportunity to ride the course and become familiar with all that is important for event weekend. Knowing what's around the next corner or where the top of the hill is can be invaluable when ride day rolls around.

Please understand the pre-ride is an unofficial get together with the intent to ride all the trails that make up the #WhiskeyOffRoad routes. When we say unofficial, we mean:
    • Bring your own insurance
    • Bring your own support (food, water, chain-breaker, etc)
    • Bring a Whiskey Off-Road Queue Sheet (Epic Rides : Whiskey Off Road : Course Information)
    • Bring a route map (Epic Rides : Whiskey Off Road : Course Maps)
    • Bring your sense of adventure
    • Most importantly, bring your sense of humor

The skinny:
    • There is no official start or finish, we simply encourage people to pre-ride April 1st - 3rd to increase the likelihood of people congregating on the route, which adds an element of safety and social to the scene for the weekend in Prescott. Check out the Unofficial Schedule of Events below
    • For those interested in pre-riding at a different time, post here to coordinate a start time with others
    • Based on group size and interests, we suggest splitting into smaller groups so that everyone is riding with people whom have similar expectations for ride time and trail selection

Bikes:
    • If you want to ship your bike, we suggest using BikeFlights.com via this link to receive a discount – https://www.bikeflights.com/events/W..._Off_Road/2016
    • If you want to rent a bike we recommend calling High Gear Bike Shop or Ironclad Bicycles or Soul Ride

Lodging:
    • White Spar Campground
    • SpringHill Suites Prescott Arizona

Unofficial Schedule of Events:
    Friday, April 1
    7:30p – Meet at The Barley Hound for a 15 - 30 minute presentation by Ladies AllRide with Lindsey Voreis plus eats + drinks

Saturday, April 2
    8a – Coffee, congregate & then ride from Cuppers Coffee House
    9:30a – Free thirty minute session w/ Ladies AllRide with Lindsey Voreis pre-ride clinic at Granite Creek Park pump track (next to Springhill Suites)
    7:30p – Meet at Raven Café for 15 - 30 minute presetation by Ladies AllRide with Lindsey Voreis plus eats + drinks

Sunday, April 3
    8a – Coffee, congregate, & then ride from Wild Iris Coffeehouse
    9:30a – Free thirty minute sesion w/ Ladies AllRide with Lindsey Voreis pre-ride clinic at Granite Creek Park pump track

Click Click Click
    I also suggest the Ironclad bikes pre-ride... I did it last year and had a blast!

Here is the info from their Facebook page:

Saturday, April 16 at 11 AM

"Join us for our annual Pre-Whiskey training ride. We will meet at the shop with feet on pedals at 11:am, and return to the shop around 2pm for burgers dogs and beers.
    Everyone is welcome, and its a great way to shake things out before the big day (but you don't need to be registered for the Whiskey to participate).
    We may switch things up a little this year to respond to course changes, and we'll post details when things get ironed out."
    "You either want to or you don't."

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    I suggest the Iron Clad ride, I haven't started with them myself but met up during the ride and it's a fun group I your slow or just taking it easy. Lot's of bail outs for this year I you can't do the whole thing.
    I'll be going up again one of those weekends. not sure which one yet.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for info. Looks like some good opportunities to have fun with good folks. Sorry it took so long to respond...ended up going out of town. Thanks again