Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: whiskey pics

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TiCutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    129

    whiskey pics

    Post your whiskey pics here.

  2. #2
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,310


    25 Start.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32
    25 Proof Masters (maybe?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Steel is Real
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93

    Here are my highlights...

    Pre-race consult with Dave and Jeff...

    WOR Race 001s.jpg



    The 25 proof start...

    WOR Race 009s.jpg



    Here we go!!!

    WOR Race 016s.jpg



    Drag race finish with a 50 Proof geared rider... Needless to say, I lost that battle.

    WOR Race 018s.jpg



    Post race consult with my pit crew...


    WOR Race 021s.jpg

  5. #5
    Lone Wolf McQuade
    Reputation: beagledadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,418
    Nice pics!

    Does anyone know when/where the results are posted and possibly some links to buy photos from the event?

    Thanks, Matt.
    I should be out riding....

  6. #6
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,310

  7. #7
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks again, Enel. I was looking around for you out there yesterday to say gracias and shake your hand, but I never saw ya. Hope you had fun.

    Nice pics, Biggy.

  8. #8
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Thanks again, Enel. I was looking around for you out there yesterday to say gracias and shake your hand, but I never saw ya. Hope you had fun.

    Nice pics, Biggy.


    Never saw you either. You had a great time though!

    You must have still been ahead of me when we got off the road. I started near dead last and had fun sort of moving up the road group.

    No one passed me prior to the long dirt climb after 260, and I did not see any riders on Spots pass me after I blew up on the that section (and a lot of folks passed me.)

  9. #9
    Steel is Real
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Nice pics, Biggy.
    Thanks G...

    Were you wearing your "invisible cloak" again? I looked for you throughout the day but you were nowhere to be seen... It's probably just that you were just moving too damn fast...

    Anyhoo, 2:53?! WOW Great Job!!! I should have faked my name on my entry... my results are embarrasing... lol.

  10. #10
    A plethora of pinatas
    Reputation: mcoplea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,260
    25 Proof Jr. Podium


    A Happy Participant...


    A bit of the trail left on the bike...


    Me on the Orange Voodoo at the 25 Proof Start...
    Marty

  11. #11
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    Never saw you either. You had a great time though!

    You must have still been ahead of me when we got off the road. I started near dead last and had fun sort of moving up the road group.
    Regardless of how fit or fat I am, I always line up in the first couple rows. I figure, if I'm slow I may as well make the fast guys WORK to pass me.

    Plus everyone likes to draft off of the huge guy when there's a stiff headwind, so I consider it community service.


    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy Smalls
    Thanks G...

    Were you wearing your "invisible cloak" again? I looked for you throughout the day but you were nowhere to be seen... It's probably just that you were just moving too damn fast...

    Anyhoo, 2:53?! WOW Great Job!!! I should have faked my name on my entry... my results are embarrasing... lol.
    You've been off the bike for a while... we know you can make that sled scoot just fine when you've got a few rides under your belt.

    Keep my invisible cloak on the DL, will ya?


    Those juniors rocked it man. That was really cool to see.

    I have a few good pics on my home PC but no way of posting them. I do have one here from Roverbiker who was there on his Vespa when we popped off of Creekside back onto Thumb Butte Rd, where I promptly lost a place when I was passed by a fellow SSer who had a bigger gear than me, dammit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    I have a few good pics on my home PC but no way of posting them. I do have one here from Roverbiker who was there on his Vespa when we popped off of Creekside back onto Thumb Butte Rd
    He was ALL OVER the place (in a good way) on the way up to Camp Pearlstien. It was great having all that moral support!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  13. #13
    NardoSS
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea
    25 Proof Jr. Podium

    A Happy Participant...


    A bit of the trail left on the bike...


    [/IMG]
    Very cool Marty. Congratulate your son for me. Oh snap...he got second on a hilly course with *gasp* v brakes. Love it.

  14. #14
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,314
    Dude, I recall tyler passing by me effortlessly on the climb to the first aid station....he gave me some encouraging words.....I remember thinking "damn, that kids got some potential"....I don't even think he was breathing heavy.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  15. #15
    A plethora of pinatas
    Reputation: mcoplea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks!

    We are too stubborn to switch to disc. We have way too much v-brake stuff.

    He does kill me on the climbs. I wish that I could be as relaxed and comfortable as he look on the hills!
    Marty

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    Is that why we didn't see "Trail Pimp" out there dancing this year?

  17. #17
    A plethora of pinatas
    Reputation: mcoplea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dan
    Is that why we didn't see "Trail Pimp" out there dancing this year?
    Yea, I was making an attempt to be an athlete instead of an "athletic supporter" this time.
    Marty

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.