Whiskey- Last call... who's in?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529

    Whiskey- Last call... who's in?

    In for 25 (maybe the 50) singlespeed.

  2. #2
    Endurance Junkie
    Reputation: bikes4max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    349

    volunteer

    Quote Originally Posted by funboarder1971
    In for 25 (maybe the 50) singlespeed.
    I won't be racing, but I will be up there to volunteer and heckel everyone climbing back up skull valley.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    306
    Me. 25. Single Speed. In fact, I'll be on my 6 day old Spot single speed. Sa-weet.

    Best part? I can coast my bike three blocks to the start line!!! Love that.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theFuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    444
    SS25 for me...

  5. #5
    my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Reputation: befoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    I won't be racing, but I will be up there to volunteer and heckel everyone climbing back up skull valley.
    I will be out on course as a volunteer as well.

    BTW...I'm sure Todd and crew could use some more help,
    so if you or someone you know would like to help out.The
    volunteer meeting will be held Friday, April 25th at 5:30p
    in the vacant lot on the Southeast corner of Goodwin St. and Montezuma just south of Whiskey Row.

    good luck to you guys riding...proxy for me
    Cheers
    Darwin was an Optimist

  6. #6
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,314
    In for the 50!! Geared though...so i feel kinda out of place with the posters so far....

    I got into the leadville 100 this year (august) and am halfway thru training, so since the whiskey is exactly half the distance, half the total climbing and half the elevation, it'll be a good benchmark to see if i'm on track for leadville.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  7. #7
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    Alright, as I will not be there this weekend, I'm throwing down the gauntlet:

    If you manage to beat my SS 25 time from a few weeks ago (2:56), and you come to the 1st Annual Prescott SS fest (weekend of June 7 and/or 8th), I'll buy you a beer.

    I'll even spot you five minutes for the congo line action going up 48.

  8. #8
    All That is Man
    Reputation: Zero Signal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    329
    I spent all my money on a road bike. Was planning to run the 25 with a newly converted SS FS bike. Oh well.
    John

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Im in 25SS .Hey Dave I did it 2 weeks ago in 3:00:35 with a 7 minute flat.not bad for
    a 27 pound all mountain monkey ,but with traffic thats a whole other story .

  10. #10
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    Im in 25SS .Hey Dave I did it 2 weeks ago in 3:00:35 with a 7 minute flat.not bad for
    a 27 pound all mountain monkey ,but with traffic thats a whole other story .
    It's all about the engine!!! Rock that inital road climb and give' er!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Yep!

  12. #12
    my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Reputation: befoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    you guys need to slow down and take in the Beauty of it all
    Christi and I did a pre-ride of 25 mile.

    260 is a ***** on this ride, but we did not time it...and I don't think I'll be able to get her
    to try it again any time soon
    Darwin was an Optimist

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    757
    I'll be there... not sure if I'm going 50 or 25, but I'll likely do the 50.
    http://www.bioniconusa.com - Bionicon USA
    http://otbmbc.com - Over the Bars MTB Club
    http://corbamtb.com - CORBA

  14. #14
    Ridin bikes is fun
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    784
    I'll be there for the 25. I raced up there last weekend (beginner took 5th of 15) prolly gone a kick my ass. I'm 46 and I'm hoping that I can do it in under 3:30. If so, judging by last yeas results that may be good for a top 10 finish (for the old guys), maybe. Or I might wind up at around 5 hours. Well find out soon enough.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by befoot
    you guys need to slow down and take in the Beauty of it all
    Christi and I did a pre-ride of 25 mile.

    260 is a ***** on this ride, but we did not time it...and I don't think I'll be able to get her
    to try it again any time soon
    If I was on the back of that thing going down 260 I think i would rip the bars off!.My hats
    off to both of you for even trying to ride a tandom down 260.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    Wow, thats a chunky monkey! My GT weighs in at about 28-29lbs with a super heavy wheelset (WTB Dual Duty FR's)

    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    Im in 25SS .Hey Dave I did it 2 weeks ago in 3:00:35 with a 7 minute flat.not bad for
    a 27 pound all mountain monkey ,but with traffic thats a whole other story .

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by funboarder1971
    Wow, thats a chunky monkey! My GT weighs in at about 28-29lbs with a super heavy wheelset (WTB Dual Duty FR's)
    yah its built pretty beefy,nevegals,gravitty dropper,marzocci fork,surly hubs .Just all
    around beefy stuff perfect for bombing rocky prescott trails.

  18. #18
    my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Reputation: befoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    If I was on the back of that thing going down 260 I think i would rip the bars off!.My hats
    off to both of you for even trying to ride a tandom down 260.
    thanks Dan...I have to hand it to Christi, when I do stop to walk a section
    half the time she says "we could have made that!" I'm with you if I was on back I would want some brake levers BTW 45 LBS thats like two 22.5 LBS bikes
    Darwin was an Optimist

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Rode the 15 backwards with some added miles from my house for free today. Can't afford that entry fee, but might help out with some voluntering. What happened Max, not riding??
    SHITBIRD

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vincentzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    I'm in for the 15, if I post a decent time I'll tackle the 25 next year!

  21. #21
    my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Reputation: befoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    the 1st Annual Prescott SS fest (weekend of June 7 and/or 8th),
    Dave, what's this? my birth day is the 5th sounds l like a good way to inflict some pain so I know I'm still in existence....

    Cheers
    Darwin was an Optimist

  22. #22
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by befoot
    Dave, what's this? my birth day is the 5th sounds l like a good way to inflict some pain so I know I'm still in existence....
    Vague plans for lots of riding, hanging out, and providing the residents of the Anus of Hell some summer refuge.

    TBD....

  23. #23
    Endurance Junkie
    Reputation: bikes4max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Rode the 15 backwards with some added miles from my house for free today. Can't afford that entry fee, but might help out with some voluntering. What happened Max, not riding??
    Having knee issues, so it looks like shuttle runs and dirt jumping till I get this taken care of. So I guess I'll try my luck at the sunrise race, who knows, I might get some beginners luck.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    Having knee issues, so it looks like shuttle runs and dirt jumping till I get this taken care of. So I guess I'll try my luck at the sunrise race, who knows, I might get some beginners luck.
    Bummer about the knee. Thats great your coming out to sunrise for the race. We'll need to drink some beers on saturday after practice. Are ya camping or hoteling it. What are ya racing, dhill or sd or both. Make sure you come and do some runs with us during practice. Later.
    SHITBIRD

  25. #25
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    Having knee issues, so it looks like shuttle runs and dirt jumping till I get this taken care of. So I guess I'll try my luck at the sunrise race, who knows, I might get some beginners luck.
    I am partly to blame for the bad knee. Seems as though Max has been trying to keep up with me lately. Probably better to stick to shuttling leave that enduro stuff to the pros

    On a serious note, Max, I guess that means you can't go to Flagstaff next weekend for some xc riding, overnight type stuff, 100+ miles?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Alright, as I will not be there this weekend, I'm throwing down the gauntlet:

    If you manage to beat my SS 25 time from a few weeks ago (2:56), and you come to the 1st Annual Prescott SS fest (weekend of June 7 and/or 8th), I'll buy you a beer.

    I'll even spot you five minutes for the congo line action going up 48.
    Dave you can keep the beer just bring an ice tea 2:38

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    454
    If a 4:14 single and rigid in the Fitty equals a 2:07 in the Two-Five, then I'll take my free beer at the Kaibab Monstercross on the 14th.


    Oh, and if Fixedgeardan doesn't want his free beer, I'll take that one too!
    You COULD do it on a geared bike, but I wouldn't reccomend it!

    Derailleurs are for failures!

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    mmmmm free Beer.... thats my favorite brand!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.