while you were sleeping- Mtbr.com
    im4Gsus

while you were sleeping

or getting ready for work, or maybe riding your bike, i rode desert classic without DankyCass who got delayed at a train crossing. (that's his story and he's sticking with it. ) another friend woke up sick and Dale woke up late.

ok...i waited 5 minutes then headed out at my usual slow pace enjoying the cool temps and making oft stops to take pics of the beautiful sunrise and cloud-filled skies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    Nice work

AZ
    banned
    Very nice pics , especially # 2 .

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    I too was out at/before sunrise. Awesome cloud cover as the sun started to rise. There was a cool breeze with the scent of rain on trails that were slightly rained on (I got the virgin trail marks on T100 and 1A; the others were spoiled by the time I reached them). Spectacular morning! Hope to see more of them as things cool down. Wish I had the thought to take pictures like you did! Nice shots!

mtbr member
    Great pics...how were the trails? Did it rain on that side of town last night like it did here?

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Very cool! I love getting out early before the sun's up
    I should be out riding....

Team Tortuga
    I was one of the ones at work dreaming of what the trails looked like this morning. Thanks for the pics!

Jealousy setting in now......

mtbr member
    Wonderful photos...

Elitest thrill junkie
    I did an early morning ride too! I got on the trails this morning just before 8am. There was still some standing water from the day before and what I'm pretty sure were Enel's tracks.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Fantastic pics. The last one is my favorite. The juxtaposition of the clouds against the Teddy-Bear Cholla is just awesome.

mtbr member
    So, if someone would like to explain to me why trains pull forward and backwards across the intersection over and over for no apparent reason the last 2 times I have gone to Somo in the morning..... that would help me out a lot here.

mtbr member
    It sure was a beautiful morning. So beautiful, that despite the late start, I still managed to commute to work via South Mountain on the way to work and Papago Park on the way home. If you saw me at South, I was the one struggling up the hills or munching on a bagel by the waterfall.

Just Ride!

drink coffee, ride.
    nice pics Kaboose - I'm kinda partial to the last one with the cholla and the clouds. Was able to ride this morning as well, even had a few sprinkles on me as the sun was rising.

mtbr member
    thank you kaboose! those photos are inspiring. you have a talent for capturing natures finest moments. i always enjoy your posts. fun-on!
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by mt bk
    It sure was a beautiful morning. So beautiful, that despite the late start, I still managed to commute to work via South Mountain on the way to work and Papago Park on the way home. If you saw me at South, I was the one struggling up the hills or munching on a bagel by the waterfall.

That's one heck of a commute! Well done........Drew

im4Gsus
    thank you guys for liking and finding my pics inspiring. i do like to take pictures...a lot!

actually, sometimes i even doctor them up a bit, as was the case with pic #4 - the shot of the estrella mts. the sky in the original shot was cloudless and washed out but the sky in Dane's pic was purty. so abacadabra, swaparoo = pic #4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaboose; 09-02-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mt bk

You did Mormon/National coast to coast on your commute? Impressive...

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Leethal
    You did Mormon/National coast to coast on your commute? Impressive...
    Then Pap and an honest day of work? Extremely impressive!

Members who have read this thread: 0