While you were shuttling.........- Mtbr.com
    Team Tortuga

While you were shuttling.........

Or working, or sleeping.......

Myself and a few other riders had National and Mormon almost to ourselves. Beautiful weather, perfect conditions with minimal hikers out. Ran into Kelstr (hope the spelling is right) and a new guy from Miami named Luis on his first ride on National. He was getting an intro to rocks 101 as this was his second ride in AZ. (First was DC last week). Passed two DHrs at the bottom of the waterfall, tried to make conversation but alas they were in the zone and no time for chit chat. I gotta get me a super squishy! Anyway, no action pics just a couple shots of scenery.

Sunrise.
    Sunrise from Pima Parking Lot

Break time.
    Bike and Shadow

Glowing Ocotillo!
    Glowing Ocotillo

mtbr member
    Man I love being on that trail on a midweek morning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Glad to meat you Chris , Thanks for getting louis out safely-------I just ran into him this morning and he was heading out all alone and had never done natty and I could not let him go it alone ,

( I screwed up my timing and was almost late for a Vet apointment for our one sick dog and had to bail on the way down )

old Louis was having a ball but I did not want to leave him alone to hurt himself on the way down ----------its was great you took him under your wing

It was really nice thismorning , I did not use any water all the way to the saddle .

It started out at 76 degreese and I think it was only 82 when I got back to my vehicle ,

I really wanted to go C2C -----------oh well next time !

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hello Obi Wan Kelstr!!! this is Luis... hehehehe

Hey thanks for showing me the way up National and thanks to Crazy Irish for bringing me back down in one piece! you guys were great! having a blast so far in AZ; I busted my chain on DC a week later (the bike completely spit it out and I ended up freewheeling), luckily I was near the Chandler side parking lot and I walked back to SoMo cycles, Eric was very kind to fix it for me. I'm waiting on my new 2.4 tires, can't wait to put them on with some Stan's so I can try more stuff!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor1
    Hello Obi Wan Kelstr!!! this is Luis... hehehehe

Hey thanks for showing me the way up National and thanks to Crazy Irish for bringing me back down in one piece! you guys were great! having a blast so far in AZ; I busted my chain on DC a week later (the bike completely spit it out and I ended up freewheeling), luckily I was near the Chandler side parking lot and I walked back to SoMo cycles, Eric was very kind to fix it for me. I'm waiting on my new 2.4 tires, can't wait to put them on with some Stan's so I can try more stuff!
    Hi there Luis, good to here from you , ---That was a fun ride that day up Natty.

Im glad you like it here in AZ , its always been my home ---back when there was only 750,000. people here it was really cool ,------

Crazy Irish , You and I sure had fun , - -we will have to get together and ride again , -----
    I have been stuck with work being crazy and life getting in the way of my SoMo riding ,
    I have been riding Hawes and Pass Mountain because its out my back door , -----------but we will get back to SoMo very quickly-----a guy just can not stay away from that place !!!

Team Tortuga
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr
    Crazy Irish , You and I sure had fun , - -we will have to get together and ride again , -----
    I have been stuck with work being crazy and life getting in the way of my SoMo riding ,
    I have been riding Hawes and Pass Mountain because its out my back door , -----------but we will get back to SoMo very quickly-----a guy just can not stay away from that place !!!
    I haven't been to Hawes or PM in a while. Last time to PM I rode with a Chollaball led group and learned that I need to work on my climbing abilities. I have since changed to being clipped in on most of my rides to see if that will help. I am in San Diego this week but hope to be able to get back to PHX riding soon. I am definetely jonesing after missing my Thursday night ride in the Estrellas. Hit me up with a PM and we'll get something going.

Members who have read this thread: 0