Where to Ride this Saturday? (Weekend Weather Report)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where to Ride this Saturday? (Weekend Weather Report)

Hey all, Gonna get out for at least half the day Saturday to ride, but not sure what conditions are like in various areas. Was thinking somewhere new (to me) like Mingus Mtn, Prescott area a la Spruce Mtn, a portion of the AZT near Kelvin, or maybe even a section of the BCT I haven't ridden yet. Would love get out of town or at least feel like it.

What do you recommend? I'll be taking my 27.5+ Timberjack so I'm not scared of a little white stuff, but don't want to ruin any trails. Any suggestions or Beta would be greatly appreciated and heavily researched!
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

mtbr member
    Mingus Mountain and most of the trails in the Prescott area are going to be either snowed in or a muddy mess. BCT can get muddy depending on which section you're on if it rains the day before. The AZT south of Kelvin rides really well after the rain, a group of us just did a ride out there the morning after a torrential rainstorm hit overnight and the trail was in great shape.

My other ride is your mom
    Storm for this weekend is shaping up, and with cooler temps and a snow-level above 6500ft, you're best to stick with the southern deserts......Except if you fat bike...then come on up and enjoy some freshies in the pines.

mtbr member
    Any good recommendations for fat bike rides up there, Maad? I'd love to try my new fat Timberjack in some snow.

Edit: Just called Absolute in Flag and Bike n' Bean in Sedona. Sounds like rain or snow saturday up north, so might have to stay south after all.
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

My other ride is your mom
    As for fat bike rides, it's really all open. I like doing a loop from my house; starting at the Schultz Y, go up schultz, cross over onto the AZT and take that west to the junction with Rocky Moto, descend Rocky Moto to the Snowbowl road/Hwy 180 intersection, continue south on Snowbowl road into Baderville, up onto the Mesa, then forest road and single track around A1 mountain in a CCW loop, then forest road east to join up with the FUTS, FUTS down into Thorpe Park, head into downtown and drink beer at Hops on Birch, then FUTS back to the Schultz Y.

Depending on how deep the snow is, it will take a few hours.