Where to ride in Munds Park?- Mtbr.com
    Got a suspension fork

Where to ride in Munds Park?

Taking the wife and kids to Munds Park for a few days and I'm bringing the MTB.

Does anybody have some rides near that area? Don't want to drive far to get to something if possible.

My preference is nice trail riding, single track if possible.

Ideas please, and if you have a GPX/TCX file that would rock.

Thanks guys.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    I have a friend with a house just north of Munds Park, and he frequents Sedona and Flagstaff. Also Soldier trail in Flag for a quick ride.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

slow uphill
    its been a little while since I was on this trail last, but I remember it being very family friendly - short, smooth, easy out and back
    Lake View Trail

not sure if you've been to Munds Park before - so just in case you can get to this trail by taking the main road in Munds Park, which turns into forest road

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by orangedog
    its been a little while since I was on this trail last, but I remember it being very family friendly - short, smooth, easy out and back
    Lake View Trail

not sure if you've been to Munds Park before - so just in case you can get to this trail by taking the main road in Munds Park, which turns into forest road
    Oh I should clarify, I'll get out dressed for the cold early AM and head for a ride while the family is still snoozing - no need for family friendly trails.

I found this one on the trail review section of MTBR, Arizona Trail Mormon Lake.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Soldier's Pass trail in Ft. Tuthill is a great family ride.
    AZ Trail to Mormon is a little more challenging.

Singletrack trails weave around northeast of Munds Park, interspersed with ATV tracks and forest roads, too. Many trailheads off of Cedarwood Dr at the top of the hill (take Pinewood to Oak Dr, and then turn right on Cedarwood). Good for meandering and riding out to a picnic lunch, and you don't have to leave Munds to get to them. The area is bounded by FR 78 on the NW and FR 133 on the NE, so it's pretty hard to get turned around.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    Taking the wife and kids to Munds Park for a few days and I'm bringing the MTB.

Does anybody have some rides near that area? Don't want to drive far to get to something if possible.

My preference is nice trail riding, single track if possible.

Ideas please, and if you have a GPX/TCX file that would rock.

Thanks guys.

I have a buddy who lives up there. there is a great trail right off of Janice Pl & Campfire rd that is right there in Munds. if the ATV shop is still open ask Bob or Sharon (owners) where the trail head is that I ride up there. Depending on how busy it is Bob may join you. if you plan on a early ride the shop may not be open so check it out during the day before. have fun, the trails all eventually lead together so you can ride for many hours.
    Last edited by TacoBeer; 10-12-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoBeer
    I have a buddy who lives up there. there is a great trail right off of Janice Pl & Campfire rd that is right there in Munds. if the ATV shop is still open ask Bob or Sharon (owners) where the trail head is that Guy rides when he goes up there. Depending on how busy it is Bob may join you. if you plan on a early ride the shop may not be open so check it out during the day before. have fun, the trails all eventually lead together so you can ride for many hours.
    Wow, that intersection is less than 1 mile from where I'm staying! Damn that would be convenient if the trails are decent so close.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    IIRC, that is the trail that goes out toward FR 78B and Frog Tank. Pretty fun, lots of rollers, mostly doubletrack/wide singletrack. Fast, banked, and swoopy bits too. Not alot of mileage, but fun.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by sunset1123
    IIRC, that is the trail that goes out toward FR 78B and Frog Tank. Pretty fun, lots of rollers, mostly doubletrack/wide singletrack. Fast, banked, and swoopy bits too. Not alot of mileage, but fun.
    So IIRC is the trail from Janice & Campfire?

GPX/TCX file anybody?

Got a suspension fork
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I was going to ride the Munds ride from Janice to Frog Tank this morning but slept in, haha. But I had an amazing ride yesterday up at Mormon Mountain.

Full details are here: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=388231

Ahhh the pain....
    Hi Randy...Just bought a place place in Munds Park (closed on it a few weeks ago). I'm going to be up there next week beginning this Saturday until the next Saturday. If you're up for a ride, I'm in.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum
    Hi Randy...Just bought a place place in Munds Park (closed on it a few weeks ago). I'm going to be up there next week beginning this Saturday until the next Saturday. If you're up for a ride, I'm in.
    Raybum I really loved that ride and would like to do it again, but I live in Phoenix and was only visiting Munds Park for an extended weekend at a friend of friends place.

Members who have read this thread: 0