Where to ride?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Where to ride?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Where to ride?

I will be in Phoenix from 11-19 to 11-22. The hotel that I am staying at is close to Papago Park. I was wondering how is Papago Park? Also, would South Mountain be the best trail to try out?

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Going_Loud
    I will be in Phoenix from 11-19 to 11-22. The hotel that I am staying at is close to Papago Park. I was wondering how is Papago Park? Also, would South Mountain be the best trail to try out?
    Depends on skill level, bike you have, can you get around town with a bike, timeframes, etc. You have options.

Papago is one of the easiest areas in the city.
    Ride more; post less...

"Yabut"
    Check out the Sticky at the top of the forum.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Yes, check out the sticky. Papago is a small system that is on the beginner side of things. Maybe a step up from a dirt bike path. The jewel of Phoenix is South Mountain and the jewel of South Mountain is the National Trail. There are several different trails on South Mountain from fairly easy - Desert Classic (not as easy as Papago) to very hard and technical (National and others). Look at the sticky and read carefully about the National Trail. I have told people to go there when they had no business riding it, so I have become very careful about suggesting it to others. You don't need mad skills to do it, but you do need to know your limitations and be, at the least, a good rider with a fair fitness level and experience with technical trails. Most importantly, you need to know when walking your bike is the way to go. Depending on your skills, that may mean you never walk a section.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I am flying in so I will have to rent a bike. Transportation in a problems, because I am going to be on a college trip and will not be sure if I could borrow a car. It sounds like I will have a decent amount of free time in the afternoons. I am staying in scottdale close to papago park. Is there any close trail that I could bike to by papago park? Thanks for the help guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0