Got a suspension fork

Where is the Helicopter pad turn from Desert Classic?

I ride Desert Classic a couple times a month and ride from the Pima Canyon parking lot on the east end of SoMo. If I'm riding out to the end of DC out past the TV / Radio towers, where would I turn south to head to the helicopter pads? By chance does anybody know which # brown signpost I'd look for?

Thanks!

Here's a desert tortoise that I came across recently, he was crossing the main Desert Classic trail, big guy ~ 10" shell.

mtbr member
    don't know the number, but once you pass the rock bench (after the turn to corna loma), you go down the two rocky washes. then you'll have the option to go straight or turn left and stay on DC like you would to go out to Telegraph.

Go straight here at the saddle you'll be at the base of the Helipad climb.
    b

Got a suspension fork
    I think I know just where you mean, thanks!

mtbr member
    also, if you keep heading toward telegraph on DC, you'll notice a trail on your left just before you go down that biggish rutrocky hill. it goes south-steep up the mountain. always loose and hike a bikey. it goes to the helipad trail on top of the mountain. hike up there and turn right (west). ride a few yards and your at the helipad. head back the other way, and it's a super fun downhill low tech, that takes you back east to the dc the other helipad trailhead.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    then you'll have the option to go straight or turn left and stay on DC like you would to go out to Telegraph.
    Like BrianC said, but I believe that DC would be on the right. You would go straight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juniordirt
    Like BrianC said, but I believe that DC would be on the right. You would go straight.

left right whatever. I SHOULD have changed the names of the trails so that I could be a true local.
    b

A plethora of pinatas
    Directions for the Helipad TT website...

http://helipadtt.blogspot.com/

Access Helipad from Desert Classic at post marker 54 about 7 miles in from the Pima Lot, 3 miles in from Telegraph Pass Lot and 1.5 miles in from the Ray Road TH. If using Ray Rd, park at the Fry's on Ray and E Ranch Circle. (You'll need more than the road ride and the 1.5 to warm up though...)
    Marty

Members who have read this thread: 0