Where to find Mold Builder liquid latex....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Where to find Mold Builder liquid latex....

Saw the homebrew tubeless recipe in the "tire's" thread a ways down. Was wondering where I can find the Mold Builder latex. I've tried a few craft and hardware stores and no one has it. Was wondering if anyone knew where to find it. I'm in Ahwatukee, so anywhere in the vicinity is fine.

wheeeee!!!

Michael's has it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL
    Saw the homebrew tubeless recipe in the "tire's" thread a ways down. Was wondering where I can find the Mold Builder latex. I've tried a few craft and hardware stores and no one has it. Was wondering if anyone knew where to find it. I'm in Ahwatukee, so anywhere in the vicinity is fine.
    Call your local Michael's , they should have it. make sure and get the liquid stuff, as the powder will setup, rather than remaining liquid until needed.

XC Geek
    I heard Landis on Southern keeps Stan's in stock, something like 20 bucks for a quart of sealent.

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

liquid latex

michaels carries it in tubs. It's called "mold builder". @ $12.00 a tub.

Saucy Size
    The only Michael's store I found that actually had it in stock was the one in Mesa, off the US60. No other Michaels had it back last August-or-so.

You can also buy it online. Just Google it and you'll find a half-dozen stores.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member

thanks for all the replies........

I checked the Michaels in Ahwatukee and they actually had it. We'll see how this goes....

Shred...it's the new drug
    let us know what you think of your swamp sauce...I love my goo!

mtbr member
    Register at Michaels online and get a coupon first. I think they give you a $5 coupon.

mtbr member
    Hobby Lobby‎
    4643 East Cactus Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85032-7703
    (602) 996-4216

Never not had it in stock but call first.
    We are not so much concerned if you are slow as when you come to a halt.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelsdown2002
    Register at Michaels online and get a coupon first. I think they give you a $5 coupon.
    I buy it at Michaels every time I get my hands on one of those 40% off any item coupons, runs about 8 bucks I think with the coupon and lasts me a year.

Anyone notice this thread is 7 years old.....and the body-paint- latex spam post that revived it is now gone?

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Good job! Mold Builder

I checked the Michaels in Ahwatukee and they actually had it. We'll see how this goes....
    You need to find another dealer - Michael's in Ahwatukee is mine

The price there is $16.99 so here's a tip. In the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Michael's places an ad insert each week where they offer either 50% or 40% off one item. I wait until I get that ad, then go buy that one item (I don't think I've ever bought anything else from them, so I bet they are losing money on me).

One warning. When I went Saturday to get some mold builder, there were three obvious gay guys shopping, then checked out at another register. One made a point of coming over to my line (which I was the only one in) to check out my ass. It kinda creeped me out....

They also sell it at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 right down the street, so that's a good Plan B.

Also, I mix mine 8 tablespoons per one cup water. Not sure what others recommended, but that ratio works for me. I use ~6oz. per tire.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    "One warning. When I went Saturday to get some mold builder, there were three obvious gay guys shopping, then checked out at another register. One made a point of coming over to my line (which I was the only one in) to check out my ass. It kinda creeped me out...."

Either that, or they saw that they could complete their transaction sooner. Stick to the thread, dude. Express your gay paranoia elsewhere.

Meatbomb
    /\ issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cpinkhouse View Post
    "One warning. When I went Saturday to get some mold builder, there were three obvious gay guys shopping, then checked out at another register. One made a point of coming over to my line (which I was the only one in) to check out my ass. It kinda creeped me out...."

Either that, or they saw that they could complete their transaction sooner. Stick to the thread, dude. Express your gay paranoia elsewhere.
    I'm all for equality but you chose to use your first post to resurrect a three year old thread.

The homophobic scare would have been lost in Internet history.

mtbr member
    Amazon

Yep. If your Michael's doesn't have it, Amazon is a source.

But the 50% Michael's coupon buy is the best way to go.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    The lady I talked to at hobby lobby when I bought some last week said they only keep 1 in Stock since it's such a poor seller.

mtbr member
    Or you can go to any hardware store and buy a latex caulk product which is cheaper, dilute it with water to proper consistency, and avoid your phobia of Michaels altogether. My last fill was with dap acrilic latex caulk plus silicone because I happened to have part of a left over tube on hand. And it works just fine. This ain't rocket science.