Where to find a child's bike?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Where to find a child's bike?

I am looking for a specific style bike and cant seem to find one and need ideas.... I am looking for a 10" bike that is (what I believe to be called) direct drive. It is chain driven without coaster breaks(able to pedal forwards and backwards) but has training wheels. I believe they will say "no brakes" in the description of them. I am looking to use it to teach my little boy how to ride a bike. If you have any ideas I would be up for hearing them...

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Check craigs list! Best place to buy a kids bike since they grow out of them soooo fast! Or if he is small enough do what I did get him a stryder bike and he will never need training wheels. My boy is 7 now and mountain bikes through stuff adults walk.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

parenting for gnarness
    Toys R Us had decent selection, and you could get your kid to try it out. 10in is the smallest I saw. Neighbors are great cause you can try stuff. Performance has a selection about like ToysRUs but the stuff seemed a little better imo.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

oh Lucky me
    yeah, those kick bikes, stryder bikes, walk/run/jog whatever bikes...the ones with no cranks, no training wheels IMO are the way to go!
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus11
    yeah, those kick bikes, stryder bikes, walk/run/jog whatever bikes...the ones with no cranks, no training wheels IMO are the way to go!

Yup, the little stryder bikes work wonders for little ones, wont ever need training wheels. Here's Fish's 2 year old on the pump track. He's been on that 10" stryder since he could walk.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    this is what i made for my 2 year 4 month year old last weekend, seat is no 13 inch from the ground and lowered the rize on the stem to bring the bars down about 3-4 inches" width="549">

Members who have read this thread: 0