EDR

Where to donate bikes? Need suggestions.

Wow. Long time since I posted here. Anyway...

I've got three kids bikes I'd like to donate. All in pretty good shape, one needs tubes probably but all still have lots of life to them. They don't have much monetary value but I would hope they have lots of value to kids without bikes who would like one.

Where is a good place to donate that will take a bit of time to spruce them up as needed and get them into the hands of kids? I'm in the east valley near Hawes and would prefer not to drive to the west valley to make this happen if possible.

Ideas?

Thanks
    -Jamie

EDIT: If you or anyone you know could genuinely make use of any of these bikes I'd be more than happy to donate directly to someone in need.
    I have:
    -Trek Mystic 20 pink girls bike with white tires and seat. Single speed. 20'' tires. One kinda crappy hand brake but has a coaster brake. Somewhere around 3~4 years old. Cute bike.
    -Schwinn Sidewinder, blue. I bought this bike a decade ago from Wally World but honestly it's been a great bike and been through two girls. 24'' tires, 3x7 speed I think, with grip shifters and a dropped top tube, basically a girls bike. I replaced cables a few years ago but probably needs a shifting tune up.
    -Aviago Rattlesnake, green, 16'' wheeled bike. Originally equipped with super crappy hand brakes and training wheels but I trashed those before even giving it to him...has coaster brake. Again...Wally World / Toys R Us type bike, probably paid ~75 bucks for it but it's been a blast for my 6 year old this past year and still rides fine. He's moving to a 20'' Speshy bmx this year!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Wow. Long time since I posted here. Anyway...

I've got three kids bikes I'd like to donate. All in pretty good shape, one needs tubes probably but all still have lots of life to them. They don't have much monetary value but I would hope they have lots of value to kids without bikes who would like one.

Where is a good place to donate that will take a bit of time to spruce them up as needed and get them into the hands of kids? I'm in the east valley near Hawes and would prefer not to drive to the west valley to make this happen if possible.

Ideas?

Thanks
    -Jamie

EDIT: If you or anyone you know could genuinely make use of any of these bikes I'd be more than happy to donate directly to someone in need.
    I have:
    -Trek Mystic 20 pink girls bike with white tires and seat. Single speed. 20'' tires. One kinda crappy hand brake but has a coaster brake. Somewhere around 3~4 years old. Cute bike.
    -Schwinn Sidewinder, blue. I bought this bike a decade ago from Wally World but honestly it's been a great bike and been through two girls. 24'' tires, 3x7 speed I think, with grip shifters and a dropped top tube, basically a girls bike. I replaced cables a few years ago but probably needs a shifting tune up.
    -Aviago Rattlesnake, green, 16'' wheeled bike. Originally equipped with super crappy hand brakes and training wheels but I trashed those before even giving it to him...has coaster brake. Again...Wally World / Toys R Us type bike, probably paid ~75 bucks for it but it's been a blast for my 6 year old this past year and still rides fine. He's moving to a 20'' Speshy bmx this year!!!
    This is a great organization , they are already distributing the bikes for Christmas but may still take donations.

About Us
    https://www.facebook.com/recycleyourbicycle

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Azpilot View Post
    This is a great organization , they are already distributing the bikes for Christmas but may still take donations.

About Us
    https://www.facebook.com/recycleyourbicycle
    Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thanks.
    If anyone is interested in a direct donation please feel free to respond still....We are leaving this weekend for a few days of fun in the snow and I'm not likely to to donate until later next week at the earliest.

mtbr member
    PM Sent

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by azorr View Post
    PM Sent
    Just saw that. Sorry for the late reply but I have been away this past week. I'll PM back now.

mtbr member
    Another suggestion
    Bike Saviours | We Save Your Bike

Bike Saviours is one of the non-profit partners for Tour de Fat and is located across the street from Boulders on Broadway.

mtbr member
    I know a kid who is doing something like this for his eagle project. If you, or anyone, has bikes to donate he'd be more then willing to find them a great new home. Please let me know. Thanks!
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."