mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Where do you ride in Globe?

Hi everyone,
    I just found this forum. I've lived in Globe now for ~4 yrs and haven't been to any of the trails. I hear they are awesome. Where do you guys go?
    I've been riding for about 10 yrs since jr highschool but am no expert. Are the trails for only full suspension or is my hard tail sufficient?
    Thanks

AKA shitbird
    Pinal mountain has some good stuff up sixshooter canyon. Keep an eye on this forum, groups go out there pretty often and somebody will show you the way.

Full suspension would be best but depending on your skills you could get by wit a hardtail, there are a couple sizeable rock gardens on 6shooter though.

BTW, the stuff on Pinal is pretty much one way meaning that you either shuttle to the top or ride up the fire road. Must shuttle because the fire road is about 16 miles long. I've done it a couple times though on a pretty big bike, it's not toooo bad but definitely a bit boring. The ride down the trails are worth it though.

But like I said keep your eyes open and a shuttle group will pop up on here
    JRA

dirt visionary
    Go up to the top of the pinal mountains. There are a few signs for trails on the way up . Also stop in at the Forest Service office on Sixshooter and get some info from them .

We just had a shreding day with more than 30 riders running down the trails.

Also Hardtail will work but if you wanna go fast especially thru the rough stuff 6inches plus is best.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Members who have read this thread: 0