Where around Phoenix is good for a night ride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where around Phoenix is good for a night ride?

Seems like a lot of the trails I ride a lot: National, Desert Classic, Papago, are all considered closed at dusk.

Where's legal for night riding around here? Its rapidly getting too hot outside for my fat ass as it is, hell today at 87* was more fun than my corpse cares for. This means I am going to have to learn to get up in the morning if I still want to go for a ride.

Anywhere good? What has a lower incident of "bum interactions" or getting thrown off by the cops/rangers?

Thanks.

AKA shitbird
    I've ridden National, PMP, and Pagago many times at night and have never heard of anyone having an issue at those places...just sayin
    JRA

mtbr member
    PMP all over, varying difficulty, never get board. Can ride 1-4 hours and never hit the same line. Tatum @ DoubleTree. 36thSt at A&W house. 40th St south of Shea. 7th St, Shaw Butte, or, of course, DreamyDraw. google [pmp]:mtbr.forums.com and find maps for all the spider trails. PMP gets overlooked bc most misconceive it's T100 and that's about it, which is false.

Enjoy.
    That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Alive and Lurkin'
    Kiwanis park is fun

Says Jibro's iPhone
    Pumpin & Pimpin

Got a suspension fork
    Honestly, anywhere you'd ride at the day time. I prefer to ride trails I know when riding without daylight.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

powered by bacon
    Eabos's mom's house. But it gets kinds crowded, especially on weekends.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Somo buddy...full moon next week. Let's do it!

mtbr member

Thr.NR

Eileen and I usually "host" a Thursday Night Ride -- except now we take the first Thursday of the month off, so we're not doing it this week.

The ride is in Estrella Mtn. Ranch, and while we currently ride F.I.N.S., w/in the next couple of months, we'll have other-options as well as the developer has us (West Valley Trail Alliance + Estrella Trails Club / ETC) putting-in some sweet new Singletrack in another area, miles from F.I.N.S.

We take off from our-place AT 6:30 pm, and then ride for a couple of hours, then meet back up again at the garage for some darts, bench-racing + beverages.

Currently, the e-mail list (The-List) has I think 237 names on it explaining "What's" going on; is YOUR NAME on this list?

Harv
    Out
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoooo View Post
    Seems like a lot of the trails I ride a lot: National, Desert Classic, Papago, are all considered closed at dusk.

Where's legal for night riding around here? Its rapidly getting too hot outside for my fat ass as it is, hell today at 87* was more fun than my corpse cares for. This means I am going to have to learn to get up in the morning if I still want to go for a ride.

Anywhere good? What has a lower incident of "bum interactions" or getting thrown off by the cops/rangers?

Thanks.
    Every Wednesday, the guys at Slippery Pig Bike Shop meet at Aunt Chilada's at about 7pm for a night ride of Trail 100. Usually anywhere from 10-20 riders. Usually about a 10-12 mile ride. Good times and if you do not yet own a light, you can call the shop ahead of time and they will bring a loaner light out for you. They also usually ride in two groups... fast and slow! No drop ride, etc.

Here is a post from their facebook page from last Wednesday:

"It is time for the SPBSWNR! Fast or slow, come one, come all. Open to all mountain bikers. Meet us at Aunt Chiladas, 7330 North Dreamy Draw Drive Phoenix, AZ 85020 (602) 944-1286, at 7:15 p.m. Call the Pig (602) 263-5143 if you need a demo light. Great people, great night for a ride!"
    -boom

Vincit qui patitur
    Javalina cycle does DC on Wednesdays
    Performance does Warpaint on Tuesdays
    I personally have not gone on these yet.
    Still need lights and more experience.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2016 KONA Operator
    2017 Salsa Powderkeg
    2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29 C R

My other ride is your mom
    Anywhere with a tequila tree is a good place for a night ride.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoooo View Post

Thanks.
    I do a weekly night ride at Hawes at 9pm and am trying to get more people. Come on out. Im heading out there tonight.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

EDR
    SoMo does not close at dusk, they just lock the incoming gates at 7pm (not sure they even do that). You are supposed to be out of the park by 11pm.

Hawes is better, more remote with lots of glow-in-the-dark eyes watching you.

mtbr member
    The last time I parked at the Pima lot the incoming gate was close after 7pm, dunno if they consistently do it but still..

Tails

mtbr member
    Waiting for my battery to show up for the light I have. The old one sort of imploded and refused to take a charge.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    For SOMO, there are some parking options after the Pima gate entrance closes. The 46th st lot doesn't have a gate (Javelina & Beverly Canyon/East Loops Access). Closer to the Pima entrance, you could park in the lots behind Rustlers Roost. And there are multiple parking options for the DC. Also, I've seen a car or two park right in front/next to the Pima inbound gate after it closes.

Rides the Desert
    I ride deem hills, but thats a little farther north of where your asking

mtbr member
    I may come by and look at you guys riding off into the night. Need more experience before I do Hawes at night

Members who have read this thread: 0