whats everyone riding this 3 day weekend?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 61 of 61
  1. #1
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104

    whats everyone riding this 3 day weekend?

    post up!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kortface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    328
    I'll be riding National and Holbert sunday or monday. I might try that mine trail on the west end.

    .
    Eating meat is murder, yummy yummy murder!!

  3. #3
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    post up!

    Hmmmm......
    Saturday is Shuttles!
    Sunday is Shuttles!
    And Ummm...... Monday is Shuttles!!!

    All at the infamous trail system SoMo
    Meet times are at 9am!!!!!!
    possible BBQ on any or all of those days if people are interested in bringing something for me to grill up. I'll bring my grill if there are enough responses to this!!!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Riding Saturday.

    Working Monday...

  5. #5
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortface
    I'll be riding National and Holbert sunday or monday. I might try that mine trail on the west end.

    .
    cool cool, let me know if you need directions as I was riding that the last couple weeks! might even ride that this weekend too! stay away from the traffic!!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  6. #6
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Um, 3 day weekend?

  7. #7
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    DooDoo, who you riding with Saturday?

  8. #8
    Braaaapp!
    Reputation: adam728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    475
    Three day weekend? My girl friend keeps rubbing it in that she is geting on of those too.

  9. #9
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Riding Saturday.

    Working Monday...
    sunday...... ??

    how was the pedal home last night? better or worse having a slugo attatched to your pak
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  10. #10
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Um, 3 day weekend?
    YUP! what you dont get MLK day off? maybe after the 20th you will! CHANGE!!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot


    sunday...... ??

    how was the pedal home last night? better or worse having a slugo attatched to your pak
    Nah, Sunday is busy.

    It wasn't too bad, cold though. Should have brought gloves. Not having the Sluggo was great. Unfortunately I forgot to eat so I bonked pretty bad near the end

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kortface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    cool cool, let me know if you need directions as I was riding that the last couple weeks! might even ride that this weekend too! stay away from the traffic!!

    Yeah national was a F,ing zoo last sunday. let me know if you are going to ride that mine trail I definatly want to check it out.

    .
    Eating meat is murder, yummy yummy murder!!

  13. #13
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    DooDoo, who you riding with Saturday?

    so far it's me my neighbor and markskee. And who ever else that might show up.

  14. #14
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Hmmmm......
    Saturday is Shuttles!
    Sunday is Shuttles!
    And Ummm...... Monday is Shuttles!!!

    All at the infamous trail system SoMo
    Meet times are at 9am!!!!!!
    possible BBQ on any or all of those days if people are interested in bringing something for me to grill up. I'll bring my grill if there are enough responses to this!!!
    get those shuttles in while you can! before you get your "all mountain" bike.
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  15. #15
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    so far it's me my neighbor and markskee. And who ever else that might show up.

    Well thats pretty vague...

    You guys riding the Chumba demo, what you guys got going on. Me, Kavu and Foote were talking about shuttles tomorrow morning.

  16. #16
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Well thats pretty vague...

    You guys riding the Chumba demo, what you guys got going on. Me, Kavu and Foote were talking about shuttles tomorrow morning.

    Nothing pretty much. Markskee crew only brought out like 3 dh bikes. My neighbor will probably have one and mark might do some runs. That's about it. lets all meet up so we can roll a bit deeper.

    So far we got
    myself +1
    Sixty
    Footey
    Kavu
    Posh?
    Dirtjumper44?

  17. #17
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Nothing pretty much. Markskee crew only brought out like 3 dh bikes. My neighbor will probably have one and mark might do some runs. That's about it. lets all meet up so we can roll a bit deeper.

    So far we got
    myself +1
    Sixty
    Footey
    Kavu
    Posh?
    Dirtjumper44?
    Only 3 Dh bikes..... GHEY!

    We were gonna meet up at my place at 8am tomorrow, we could be to Scorp Gulch by 8:30 if you guys want to roll. Or we can meet up later after a few runs if you guys need your beauty sleep.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Only 3 Dh bikes..... GHEY!

    We were gonna meet up at my place at 8am tomorrow, we could be to Scorp Gulch by 8:30 if you guys want to roll. Or we can meet up later after a few runs if you guys need your beauty sleep.
    Yes!
    I want to start early and I know Foote has too.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    I plan on doing the Sat goat camp ride as I haven't done it yet. Hopefully Sunday short bus too.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Bootleg all 3 days .
    SHITBIRD

  21. #21
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Only 3 Dh bikes..... GHEY!

    We were gonna meet up at my place at 8am tomorrow, we could be to Scorp Gulch by 8:30 if you guys want to roll. Or we can meet up later after a few runs if you guys need your beauty sleep.

    cool Scorp Gulch by 8:30am
    Why so damn early you guys got dates later to get all pretty for later that day???

  22. #22
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Bootleg all 3 days .

    Wow very tempting.......

  23. #23
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Bootleg all 3 days .
    read my mind! i didnt know I had monday off! I have to get to BC! maybe next week for my B-DAY! you racin in feb?
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  24. #24
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Wow very tempting.......
    VERY VERY TEMPTING! doodoo,,,,,,,you sat riding sat, sun, mon...........does it matter where? awww you have markskee staying with ya huh?
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  25. #25
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    VERY VERY TEMPTING! doodoo,,,,,,,you sat riding sat, sun, mon...........does it matter where? awww you have markskee staying with ya huh?

    All day shuttles for all three days!!!
    Just want to get more and more comfortable on the new steed. I could do a pedal ride on Monday but would perfer to shuttle. If I am rocking solo I will probably pedal up Javalina to Mormon to BV hit Geronimo down back up 24th and down 32nd back 46th st.

  26. #26
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    8:30 it is, and yes, Foote and Kavu's ladies need them home early so they can do house work...

  27. #27
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    All day shuttles for all three days!!!
    Just want to get more and more comfortable on the new steed. I could do a pedal ride on Monday but would perfer to shuttle. If I am rocking solo I will probably pedal up Javalina to Mormon to BV hit Geronimo down back up 24th and down 32nd back 46th st.
    steed? wtf is that? so no .........BC ? damn! next week? whens the crew taking over BOOT? Helimech will have it all warmed up for us!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  28. #28
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Nothing pretty much. Markskee crew only brought out like 3 dh bikes. My neighbor will probably have one and mark might do some runs. That's about it. lets all meet up so we can roll a bit deeper.

    So far we got
    myself +1
    Sixty
    Footey
    Kavu
    Posh?
    Dirtjumper44?
    Pasch +1 for at least one run untill my pedals snap
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  29. #29
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    8:30 it is, and yes, Foote and Kavu's ladies need them home early so they can do house work...
    earliar the better! = more runs!!!!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  30. #30
    Hawes Junkie
    Reputation: AZ XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    141
    Hawes w/ Maad on Sat--meeting at Walgreen's at 7, FIP at 7:15am.

    Riding til we are done or until the bike breaks too much, which ever comes first.

  31. #31
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    Pasch +1 for at least one run untill my pedals snap
    +1? Who you bringing? Your mom?

  32. #32
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    +1? Who you bringing? Your mom?

    Any sixteen year old he can pickup on his way up Telegraph!

  33. #33
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    +1? Who you bringing? Your mom?
    nope just me and my bicylce , bicycle ,,,,,,,,,,"I want to ride my bicycle, bicycle"
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  34. #34
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ XC
    Hawes w/ Maad on Sat--meeting at Walgreen's at 7, FIP at 7:15am.

    Riding til we are done or until the bike breaks too much, which ever comes first.
    Be carefull as someone has been "simplifing" Hawes ,,,,,if that possible
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  35. #35
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Any sixteen year old he can pickup on his way up Telegraph!
    If ya get two of them the same time its like a 32 year old milf! right?
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  36. #36
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Hodges and Woodson, possibly a little bit of climbing on a few FRs too.

  37. #37
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    work on slaying the ninja in the morning? or sun?
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  38. #38
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    work on slaying the ninja in the morning? or sun?
    neither.

  39. #39
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    8:30 it is, and yes, Foote and Kavu's ladies need them home early so they can do house work...

    How long are you planning on staying around? I wanna shuttle till my legs fall off!!!

  40. #40
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    neither.
    ya your right its hittable now! that could be the test for my new plastic pedals! with reflectors! that would be an awesome photo with the reflector blinging in the sky!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  41. #41
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    [QUOTE=doodooboi]How long are you planning on staying around? I wanna shuttle till my legs fall off!!! [/QUOTE

    FOR EVER! ........foooor eeeeever! till my pedal falls off
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  42. #42
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    earliar the better! = more runs!!!!

    How long are you planning on hanging around?

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    read my mind! i didnt know I had monday off! I have to get to BC! maybe next week for my B-DAY! you racin in feb?
    Dh on half day satday and all day sunday with the flagg crew. On monday doing the SD course, pedal up then down. Also doing a day tripper on the 24th, so far Poi boy, lostboyz and others are in on that. oh ya, yep racing in feb.
    SHITBIRD

  44. #44
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Also doing a day tripper on the 24th, so far Poi boy, lostboyz and others are in on that.

    I might be joining you guys if you don't mind on this day tripper if my plans of going to cali falls through.

  45. #45
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Dh on half day satday and all day sunday with the flagg crew. On monday doing the SD course, pedal up then down. Also doing a day tripper on the 24th, so far Poi boy, lostboyz and others are in on that. oh ya, yep racing in feb.
    Might have to be my virgin trip that weekend!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  46. #46
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    I might be joining you guys if you don't mind on this day tripper if my plans of going to cali falls through.
    I scond this! either telnotics or the BOOT!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    8:30 it is, and yes, Foote and Kavu's ladies need them home early so they can do house work...


    I don't like starting later in the morning. I like to get rolling early. Sleep is for the weak (or the old...)

  48. #48
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider


    I don't like starting later in the morning. I like to get rolling early. Sleep is for the weak (or the old...)
    also for the slow!!! lets get like 5 runs in before 9! and two slayer drops on the side too!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    961

    well you did ask..................

    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    post up!
    Riding my 181 Atomic Tacora tele boards and Garmont Synergy's @ 1pm, Sendero SS mt. bike in Sedona Saturday, probably a 6ft ladder Sunday (painting in the music room) morning, then hope to get in a XC ski later afternoon out in the Kaibab,,,,,,,,,,Monday is open, Sedona might be in the mix again, on my Kona A
    full susser' if I get off my a** and build the 650b front wheel,,,,,,,,,,going the "moto" route this time, 650B up front, 26" in the rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,been working for the wrist twister's for years. Everyone have fun with your ride choices

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    also for the slow!!! lets get like 5 runs in before 9! and two slayer drops on the side too!
    Look, dude, either hit the Ninja Slayer or be done with it.

    I agree with the 5 runs before 9 though.

  51. #51
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider


    I don't like starting later in the morning. I like to get rolling early. Sleep is for the weak (or the old...)

    Being PW'ed is for the weak, weak minded and weak rooster between the legs. I ride when I want and where I want and I'm the married one!! what's the deal here ladies. Get you cavewomen under control and bash her over the head with a club and tell her you are riding all day. make sure to grunt inbetween each word!!!

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Being PW'ed is for the weak, weak minded and weak rooster between the legs. I ride when I want and where I want and I'm the married one!! what's the deal here ladies. Get you cavewomen under control and bash her over the head with a club and tell her you are riding all day. make sure to grunt inbetween each word!!!
    Who said I wasn't riding all day? And honestly, how many times have I bailed early on rides? Thought so.

    I want to get started early so we can get more than 4 runs in this time

  53. #53
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Who said I wasn't riding all day? And honestly, how many times have I bailed early on rides? Thought so.

    I want to get started early so we can get more than 4 runs in this time

    Oh we will get more than 4 runs in before lunch cause we won't have to be waiitng for Markskee slow arse coming down the mt.

    ohh you got that blue goove? can you bring it by after work? And I am finally coverting over to tubless!!!!

  54. #54
    In the rear with the beer
    Reputation: bigdudecycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,314
    Gonna ride Papago on Sunday for only the 2nd time ever....GF is doing the marathon, so i'm passing the time until she finishes exploring Papago

    Unfortunately, gotta work for the man on Monday.....
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Oh we will get more than 4 runs in before lunch cause we won't have to be waiitng for Markskee slow arse coming down the mt.

    ohh you got that blue goove? can you bring it by after work? And I am finally coverting over to tubless!!!!
    Yeah. I can probably roll over there tonight.

  56. #56
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Yeah. I can probably roll over there tonight.
    Kenda + Converting Tubeless = Bad News. But you have fun with that

  57. #57
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Kenda + Converting Tubeless = Bad News. But you have fun with that

    I'm not using that tire for tubeless. I am running minions for a rear and Ardents for a front.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    post up!
    My couch.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    I'm not using that tire for tubeless. I am running minions for a rear and Ardents for a front.
    What is the Blue Groove for?

  60. #60
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    And I am finally coverting over to tubless!!!!
    FINALLY your jedi will respect you now! get some jizz in there and let em roll!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

  61. #61
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Any of you trash talkers riding Monday? If so, where?
    When each day of your life begins with the thought of where you will ride today, tomorrow, this weekend, next month, when your mind becomes so tuned to the rhythm of two wheels that you only look for places to ride, when you picture yourself standing on every mountain top in sight about to drop into a trail, and when someone asks you "Are you still spending all your time riding your bike?" and you answer "YES!" (like there is anything better to do) You have found your passion.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.