What your favorite trail to take Uncle Buck or Cousin Gary from the Midwest on?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What your favorite trail to take Uncle Buck or Cousin Gary from the Midwest on?

Is it my imagination or what but does everyone run around here with Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota or Michigan license plates? Or if they have Arizona plates they have a Husker, Wovlerine, Gopher sticker somewhere on it.

Which brings me to the question when Uncle Buck or Cousin Gary shows up from the mid-west hopefully to visit and they bring their "mountain" bike which trail do you take him to? Do you take him to something easy say like White Tank or Fantasy Island or do you take him to Estrella or something harder and tell him/her tales of all the medivacs. Or maybe when it gets warm you take him on a fairly easy 50 mile desert road in the desert and you lay side bets on whether he gets heat exhaustion or heat stroke?

Other than my own Medivac the only other two medivacs I have seen were right here in Arizona. One was last year just before the Whirlwind when a young lady fell at that spot on the White Tank course where you either went over a rock or went between it. So whats your "faorite trail" for the out of state "expert" rider?

mtbr member
    3 trails immediately come to mind for these people:
    1. Yagottapurty mouth loop.
    2. Squealikapig spur.
    3. deliverance drop off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennytalia
    3 trails immediately come to mind for these people:
    1. Yagottapurty mouth loop.
    2. Squealikapig spur.
    3. deliverance drop off.
    I tiried Deliverance Drop Off. The Medivac ride was 100 miles to the nearest trauma center. Hold your breath everyone- the cost was $10,985. My insurance paid everthing but left a standing order with Medivac that in the future if i was in need of a medivac that they would pick me up and fly to operational altitude and then push me out the door.

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    So whats your "faorite trail" for the out of state "expert" rider?

I don't know any "out of state" expert riders, but anyone visiting that's willing gets a ride out at McDowell Competitive loops. They offer the most fun per mile, and no one goes home with a broken limb.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

My picks (not all in the valley)

1. Anything in Sedona blows the midwesterners away
    2. Mt. Elden
    3. I like to show them Trail 100 (and side routes) just because it is in the middle of the city and still a lot of fun.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Lost Burrito.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0