What tires for Old Pueblo?- Mtbr.com
    Not a Barry supporter.

What tires for Old Pueblo?

So what tires is everyone running for OP? I'm probably gonna stick with my WTB Nano Raptors. Since the course isn't technical at all and there's not a lot of sharp turns or anything, I think they'll do just fine. I've also raced Maxxis Minotaurs a few times. Once when I came down for the 24 Hr at McDowell and they seem alright too. And at 370 grams a piece, they can't be beat. Although they are a soft compound and the knobs rip off easily. And they suck on concrete which some of the course reminds me of.

And does anyone else wish for a quick rain? Something to wash some of the sand away and pat down some of the dust.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Pivoteer
    Anything that rolls fast. I always used Hutchinson Pythons. Traction was never an issue there. Good Luck to all riders heading out.

meow

Wink

Yup, a good rain would make the course really sweet.

poser Administrator

Some advice on tires

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    So what tires is everyone running for OP? I'm probably gonna stick with my WTB Nano Raptors. Since the course isn't technical at all and there's not a lot of sharp turns or anything, I think they'll do just fine. I've also raced Maxxis Minotaurs a few times. Once when I came down for the 24 Hr at McDowell and they seem alright too. And at 370 grams a piece, they can't be beat. Although they are a soft compound and the knobs rip off easily. And they suck on concrete which some of the course reminds me of.

And does anyone else wish for a quick rain? Something to wash some of the sand away and pat down some of the dust.

I would go for a minimal knob fast tire. Larsen TT, nanoraptors, etc. The course is like pavement with some sun baked adobe areas where if you crash you would definitely get road rash. Very hard and fast. Be prepared.

rain will make very little difference to the course unless it was a wrath of god type thingy, but we may not want that this year.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Members who have read this thread: 0