mtbr member
    Jan 2018

What shuttle services are there in Flagstaff?

Going up to Flag and looking to take two routes down from the top of Sunset. Need a backup plan in case we don't have the trucks to make the trips. Any organization or shop that offers shuttle service? If so, which and what times? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Wouldn't imagine any commercial offerings exist (that can run into legal issues when it comes to National Forest land anyway.)

There's always the rental route =)

https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-re...id=yext:245709

The .05 percent
    Pretty sure RA will come along shortly and give the contact info for Kachina peaks Heli tours.....

mtbr member
    Basically they are saying you’re going to have to bike up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Anyone know if the water spigot is functioning at the green cabin near inner basin?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzhenry View Post
    Anyone know if the water spigot is functioning at the green cabin near inner basin?
    Nope, the city shut it off.

Water serving this spigot originates from springs and shallow wells in the Inner Basin and is not treated. The State of Arizona has determined that this water source requires routine testing and treatment before distribution to the public. The City of Flagstaff has evaluated treatment options, such as filtration and disinfection, however they are not practical nor feasible in a remote location such as the Inner Basin. To remain in compliance with all federal and state water quality rules and regulations, the City will permanently disconnect this water supply. We are exploring options to provide a raw water supply that the public can subsequently treat or filter for their use while hiking in the Inner Basin. We will keep the public updated on the status of these other water supply options via future social media posts.
    As for a paid shuttle service it will likely never happen. There's too many complaints about the traffic on Elden Lookout Rd as it is. I could come up with a few choice quotes from the Sierra Club. In fact, it was an shuttle outfit from Phoenix operating without a permit on Snowbowl Rd that got Flying Fish shut down and obliterated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Nope, the city shut it off.

As for a paid shuttle service it will likely never happen. There's too many complaints about the traffic on Elden Lookout Rd as it is. I could come up with a few choice quotes from the Sierra Club. In fact, it was an shuttle outfit from Phoenix operating without a permit on Snowbowl Rd that got Flying Fish shut down and obliterated.
    Thx for intel, Coral's got to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzhenry View Post
    Thx for intel, Coral's got to go.
    What's the Mayor got to do with it?

My other ride is your mom
    What's the Mayor got to do with it?
    Nothing

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    When I was there a few summers ago, solo and wanted to do AZT north out of the ski area and loop around the meadow and back to town, as usual no one else with me. I called a Flag taxi company I found on google, they said they had a van and would be happy to drop me off. I think it was 23$ which I gladly paid. Just an option.
    2016 Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol

dirt visionary
    In fact, it was an shuttle outfit from Phoenix operating without a permit on Snowbowl Rd that got Flying Fish shut down and obliterated.
    Thats funny.. Well no it wasn't funny but I was just talking about this the other day when reminiscing about the old days with a flag transplant.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Thats funny.. Well no it wasn't funny but I was just talking about this the other day when reminiscing about the old days with a flag transplant.
    The sad remains of Flying Fish.

What shuttle services are there in Flagstaff?-flying-fish-debris.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    When I was there a few summers ago, solo and wanted to do AZT north out of the ski area and loop around the meadow and back to town, as usual no one else with me. I called a Flag taxi company I found on google, they said they had a van and would be happy to drop me off. I think it was 23$ which I gladly paid. Just an option.
    Was that “Top Hat” by chance? I talked to a driver recently (he was doing tile work at my house) and he said they do that occasionally. They have Jeep Cherokees too I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please don't mistake my enthusiasm for mountain biking as an indication of my skill level.

dirt visionary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flying Fish debris.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	1211332
    Sad indeed
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Pretty sure RA will come along shortly and give the contact info for Kachina peaks Heli tours.....
    Love their service!

https://www.facebook.com/Kachina-Pea...8594345967746/

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    This is brilliant! Best use of social media since the Jan Michael Vincent Twitter feed.

banned
    Mar 2018

What a waste man and the forest service is the biggest joke running🤡🤡🤡
    I mean why should we even buy OHV and Parking passes when none of that money is put back into the community, trails keep getting shut down and all the forest service does is dangle the previbial carrot and like good little lemmings People sign up to do free trail work with the hopes of new trails one day🤔🤔😂😂

Forest service is lazy and shame on them for using volunteers to do all the work that people actually pay fees for them to use that money what a bunch of donkeys 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    I think it was Flagstaff Taxi, ........tophattaxi.com
    2016 Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol

mtbr member

What's the story here?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

That looks more like the remains of Dead Opossum. The stunt trail lower down off of Snowbowl road?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Uber.

I have a dream to buy that gas station off of 180 in the Shire and turn it into a place sort of like Pay and Take. I'd expand the restrooms and have coin op showers, create a a beer and wine bar in the back half of the store, build a patio out back with views of the Peaks, put a bunch of campsites on the property for the vanlifers, maybe have tacos, part of the patio would have bike stands with tools connected to the stands by wires, we would sell the basic parts that people need the most often and run a shuttle service a couple times a day. We need MEDL to happen to make this worth while but if we have the system we are dreaming of then I think this could be a pretty good business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    That looks more like the remains of Dead Opossum. The stunt trail lower down off of Snowbowl road?
    Isn't Dead Opossum mostly still there although in decay? You might be right but Flying Fish had a bunch of janky stunts built on it as well. I lifted the pic from USFS correspondence acquired through FOIA in which they were responding to Sierra Club accusations that the FS was in collusion with the mtn bike community and not doing anything about illegal trails and "the problem with gravity riders". Some interesting albeit scary reading.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Isn't Dead Opossum mostly still there although in decay? You might be right but Flying Fish had a bunch of janky stunts built on it as well. I lifted the pic from USFS correspondence acquired through FOIA in which they were responding to Sierra Club accusations that the FS was in collusion with the mtn bike community and not doing anything about illegal trails and "the problem with gravity riders". Some interesting albeit scary reading.
    No. It was removed/eradicated the same time they took out the stunts on Flying fish. Flying Fish had a couple of small bridges but nothing that would amount to the pile in your photo. that's definitely of the D.O. stunts. It was pretty elaborate and super challenging. I only cleaned it once and I was following the wheel of the builder.

Elitest thrill junkie
    There is still the ride-yer-lazy-ass-up-Elden shuttle service. Every time you pass an XCer while riding up, a kitten dies.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Uber.

I have a dream to buy that gas station off of 180 in the Shire and turn it into a place sort of like Pay and Take. I'd expand the restrooms and have coin op showers, create a a beer and wine bar in the back half of the store, build a patio out back with views of the Peaks, put a bunch of campsites on the property for the vanlifers, maybe have tacos, part of the patio would have bike stands with tools connected to the stands by wires, we would sell the basic parts that people need the most often and run a shuttle service a couple times a day. We need MEDL to happen to make this worth while but if we have the system we are dreaming of then I think this could be a pretty good business.
    That sounds awesome. Count me in as a silent investor as long as I get my own frosted mug at the bar! Also the land on the corner next to it might be an option. I thought a good deli counter and a place to take out staples would do well there. Fratelli takeout is always busy.

My other ride is your mom
    I've always thought north Flag needs a good burrito and taco shop...glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    lol, you guys are hilarious. Did 1 climb up (still hurting), and got 2 other shuttles up. Thanks all. Your trails are amazing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by priddy View Post
    lol, you guys are hilarious. Did 1 climb up (still hurting), and got 2 other shuttles up. Thanks all. Your trails are amazing.
    Amazing? I think that's quite the stretch. We have a couple of classics but 95% of our trails are trapped in a 1997 vortex.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    I've always thought north Flag needs a good burrito and taco shop...glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels the same.
    Like Salsa Brava?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Like Salsa Brava?
    Ya, no. Salsa brava is East Flagstaff, not really close to MTB

banned
    Mar 2018
    That’s like the worst Mexican in Arizona fam