What a GREAT day to ride! ...pictures- Mtbr.com
    MBAA!

What a GREAT day to ride! ...pictures

And I cant emphasize "great" enough...

Took out my old bike (green Boulder) but theres a pic of my new bike. Went of DC to near the Heli pad, went down and around, almost backtracked, went through a creek, got confused when I saw SoMo in front of me when I thought it was behind me, was getting really worried, then saw a "Tapestry Canyon: Private Community" sign and was releived. Anyways, heres some pics. I was solo, so no action shots:

(order is going from last to first)

The creek! This shot was interesting, there was a resorvoir higher than the creek... its sideways so turn your heads.

Im not used to seeing water on the trail... second time ive been to this creek, was a blast.

Looking behind me, that part is fast

Looking down on the trails... DC to the far right if you can see it. dont know what trail I was on. Heli pad was to the left of me if when taking this picture.

Another looking at the trails. Bottom left, trail I took to get there. Top right(ish) is DC again..

Just the beatiful AZ mountain/sunset scenery...

And another

And my new/real bike... the NRS3 looking out on DC followed by one of my favorite DC parts

Hope everyone else went out riding today... weather was PERFECT, only saw one other rider (if your on here, sorry I didnt yield to you. By the time I saw you, you had stopped for me).
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

I need to ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    And I cant emphasize "great" enough...

Took out my old bike (green Boulder) but theres a pic of my new bike. Went of DC to near the Heli pad, went down and around, almost backtracked, went through a creek, got confused when I saw SoMo in front of me when I thought it was behind me, was getting really worried, then saw a "Tapestry Canyon: Private Community" sign and was releived. Anyways, heres some pics. I was solo, so no action shots:

(order is going from last to first)

The creek! This shot was interesting, there was a resorvoir higher than the creek... its sideways so turn your heads.

Im not used to seeing water on the trail... second time ive been to this creek, was a blast.

Looking behind me, that part is fast

Looking down on the trails... DC to the far right if you can see it. dont know what trail I was on. Heli pad was to the left of me if when taking this picture.

Another looking at the trails. Bottom left, trail I took to get there. Top right(ish) is DC again..

Just the beatiful AZ mountain/sunset scenery...

And another

And my new/real bike... the NRS3 looking out on DC followed by one of my favorite DC parts

Hope everyone else went out riding today... weather was PERFECT, only saw one other rider (if your on here, sorry I didnt yield to you. By the time I saw you, you had stopped for me).
    Was that flowing water at "Dagobah" aka "The Swamp"? The area just southwest of the saddle that heads up to the helicopter pad?

Richard

MBAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by FastrThnU
    Was that flowing water at "Dagobah" aka "The Swamp"? The area just southwest of the saddle that heads up to the helicopter pad?

Richard
    Yes, it was flowing. I think it froze the night before (last night I suppose). Im riding again tomorow...
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

MBAA!
    Its a great time to ride, go out when the sun is up (4:00-:30ish) and by the time you come back it should be nice and chilly...

Anyways theres a reason I replied to this. I plan on taking out some of my friends who are new to mountain biking, should the DC be good for them? I will be going slow with them and if they feel sick we will stop. Taking plenty of water and stuff, just not quite sure about the trail. DC is what I have in mind, but on their heavy bikes I doubt they could finish, or go up some of those steep/technical climbs. Any advice? I will be taking one of my friends at least on an old rockhopper, and maybe up to 3.

Ridin' Dirty
    Nice pictures!!!
    I've never been to the "swamp", I might have to check it out over there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    DC is about as basic as you can get and should be fine for beginners. There are a few short steep climbs but it's not terribly technical riding. I would recommend starting at the Pima Canyon (48th St) Ramadas and riding out and back to the water tank. If they are really in shape and loving it continue, if not turn around and head back. If they're really hating it you can make the right on the way back and stick to the flats which is really easy riding.

Have fun.

I need to ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    Yes, it was flowing. I think it froze the night before (last night I suppose). Im riding again tomorow...
    My question was if I had the area correct. Your description didn't describe where the water was flowing, I was asking if that was the area.

Richard

MBAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    DC is about as basic as you can get and should be fine for beginners. There are a few short steep climbs but it's not terribly technical riding. I would recommend starting at the Pima Canyon (48th St) Ramadas and riding out and back to the water tank. If they are really in shape and loving it continue, if not turn around and head back. If they're really hating it you can make the right on the way back and stick to the flats which is really easy riding.

Have fun.
    Well it was her first time out biking in 3 years, needless to say she didnt do so grand. We got up to the first marker at DC that, a right turn takes you to the heli pad, and she wanted to go back. So she went back (she did it alone... felt bad but I told her to call me when she got back). Then me and my friend rode DC fairly fast for the most part. Found out my rear cassete is geared something like 11-36 so I wast doing too hot. It was fun though... too bad my bike is so heavy. Stopped at SMC and my rear derrailer still hasnt showed up. They claim later this week... I guess we will see.

Who else was on DC today? Saw someone on a maroon no suspension bike, a Trek blue thing (looked fast), an Ellsworth and a silver Titus. Any of you on MTBR? Also there was a Specialized I believe. And some kid on some orange thing.

mtbr member

It's flowing

Quote Originally Posted by FastrThnU

Richard
    Better than usual, especially for this time of year. Hardly anyone rides that side of the loop anymore. Most frequently the majority of the traffic out of Tukee is hitting the east side of the loop then catching back up on the trail as it heads back towards DC and the heli pad.
    AKA: G-wat

Members who have read this thread: 0