West Valley (Phoenix) Dirt Jumpers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

West Valley (Phoenix) Dirt Jumpers

Where are the West Valley Dirt Jump/Freeriders at? I have a couple buddies out here in the Goodyear area I ride with but our schedules don't always match up. I usually have to drive an hour to meet up with my East Valley Friends at NRA or McPump. I have a couple spots I've been building up and I'm working with a group to get Pump Tracks built at Estrella and White Tank. So I'm calling out to you Gravity Friendly Riders... LET'S RIDE!!!

p.s. If you're good with a shovel or power tools that's a huge plus! I love to build!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I live on the west side and know I need a pump track to refine my skills and am willing to put in some hard shovel work to reap the benifits.lets get this going.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Do you have any locations in mind?

mtbr member
    Well Canyondave we don't have any pump tracks built just yet. We're having our second meeting Tuesday to organize our presentation to Estrella Regional Park about getting the Eastern Trails back and building a Pump Track. White Tank just emailed us back about their interest in a Pump Track as well. So the Big Projects are in the beginning stages BUT I do have a couple dirt jump spots up my sleeve.

mtbr member
    Correction... My buddies in GRO-AZ just finished rebuilding McPump at McDowell. It's looking pretty sweet! So we do have ONE pump track in Phoenix but its across town. We're having a party out there next weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails West Valley (Phoenix) Dirt Jumpers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1315062820.455738.jpg  

Shred...it's the new drug
    GRO-AZ is working with all interested party's to get pumptracks and dirt jumps legally built in city parks and county parks...the more people we get organized the better!!! We don't get what we want to ride handed to us...we have to demand it and work for it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'd be interested in coordinating some ride days with you bro, as well as helping build/collaborate with interested parties.
    I'm at ASU hit me up with a PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So after a year of not jumping a bike (snapped wrist) I've given up on the bmx and found a deal on a p1. Anybody on the westside wants to ride I live pretty close to the Bethany home park and I've been a park rider for a long time but I'm down for anything. Also I grew up in the Midwest before public skateparks and have countless hours digging in the woods, not especially keen on the idea but swinging a shovel isn't out of the question.

mtbr member
    Yeah man I'm down to ride with you! I'm not sure where Bethany Home Park is but I live in Goodyear and know of a couple dirt jump spots in the west valley we could ride. I also have a few OFFICIAL pump track/jump line projects in the works with the organizations I'm a part of. So if you want to JUMP into the mix I can definitely help.

Also on a side note we NEED AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to make it out to the Estrella Regional Park meeting on Thursday Oct. 6th @ 7:00 to discuss future plans for the park (new trails, skills area, pump track, ect.). We have leadership (West Valley Trail Alliance) speaking for the mtb community we just need as many people as possible to just show up for support. A large group of us are actually riding to the park from the Safeway in Estrella Mountain Ranch! SO PLEASE COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE FUTURE OF MOUNTAIN BIKING IN THE WEST VALLEY!!

mtbr member
    Correction: The Estrella Regional Park meeting Thursday starts at 6:30 NOT 7:00

SoSlo
    Just moved to the west side and all of this thread looks promising.... Is there anything in the 75th/T-Bird area where some sessioning could take place? I would like to build close enough to ride to and from... Thoughts?
    The Slow One

mtbr member
    My jumps are outside my neighborhood in Goodyear. I know of a few other dirt jump spots in the west valley but nothing on that side of the 101.

We should go for a ride sometime.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowilly View Post
    Just moved to the west side and all of this thread looks promising.... Is there anything in the 75th/T-Bird area where some sessioning could take place? I would like to build close enough to ride to and from... Thoughts?
    pm'd you
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

SoSlo
    Yeah I'm up here now looking at it. With some shovel time this could be really nice. Lots of dirt, some good ideas already going on. I might make some time this weekend to spend over here. I'll let you know.... Thanks for the heads up on this spot!
    The Slow One

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowilly View Post
    Yeah I'm up here now looking at it. With some shovel time this could be really nice. Lots of dirt, some good ideas already going on. I might make some time this weekend to spend over here. I'll let you know.... Thanks for the heads up on this spot!
    Where you guys building? Brown keep me posted. You know I'm down to dig!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    just moved down here from colorado to go to school and ive been itchin to go ride. im well experienced with a shovel and am down to dig let me know

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aGangofTurtles View Post
    just moved down here from colorado to go to school and ive been itchin to go ride. im well experienced with a shovel and am down to dig let me know
    this thread is almost four years old now haha. there are some fun jumps at papago park. where you at in phoenix?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    yeah i didnt even notice that haha. im up in deer vally and i was wondering if theres anything close

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    i think around 75th ave and thunderbird there are supposed to be some. ill have to ask my buddy exactly where tho. only ones i know of

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ok sweet let me know. thats not to far from where im at

mtbr member
    am I allowed to wear spandex on the pump track ??

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    only if you look like ned flanders

West Valley (Phoenix) Dirt Jumpers-stupid_sexy_flanders_by_thefightingmongooses-d36omio.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    papago has some sick **** definitely worth checkin out. this isnt my video but shows most of the stuff there. some stuff is in good condition some stuff still needs some little repairs.