Were can you get Silkolene Oils for my Fox fork in Phoenix?- Mtbr.com
    Boriqua Puneta

Were can you get Silkolene Oils for my Fox fork in Phoenix?

Were the heck can you find silkolene brand oil for your fork in phoenix? I do my own maintanance on my fox shocks and forks and Ive read that fox 10 wt green and red oils are Silkolene's fork oils. Ive had luck finding online retailers but I would like to find one in Phoenix. $30.00 is a little to much to pay for oil that just says Fox on it and is nothing special out of the ordinary. Thanks
    Only type of shuttle I ride....the ambulance!

The PNF Ax Man.
    May 2011
    Not sure about Silkolene, sorry. Does your fork have the FIT cartridge? If yes, Mobil1 5W-20 works great.

Dash
    Clearer-er of Prescott trails. Downhill downfall in your way? PM me. Have ax, will travel.

mtbr member
    The Harley dealership at Chander and i10 has a reasonably good assortment of fork oils - just make sure to make South Park style Harley noises when you pull up to avoid any funny looks, that is of course unless you actually ride a Harley.

Gold it's the new Pink!
    It is best to use synthetic fork oil on Fox shocks. I have used Fox and non Fox with no problems. The synthetic is also stays more constant to temperature changes.

Eroding into the trail
    Start calling the motorcycle shops (not necessarily the dealers).

Motul synthetic fork oil always worked well for me (equal or better than silkolene IMHO), it is available @ cyclegear (several valley locations).

There is a thread on mtbr that lists the weights and characteristics of oils for forks and shocks, which may help you (courtesy of cstem).

These are the specific links, which were in the thread:

Peter Verdone Designs - Low Speed Damping

http://www.cyclingcentralva.org/geninfo.html
    Last edited by DustyBones; 09-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.

N/A
    Feb 2004
    I haven't been able to find a local source for Silkolene. I can usually get Fox at the bike shop for nearly as cheap - $20-24 range. I don't buy it that often, that the extra few dollars isn't a big deal. Not sure who has fork oil & seals in stock now that Cactus is gone. In FIT cartridges, I just use Mobil 1 for lubricating oil and save the more expensive Fox/Silkolene for the damper.

EDR
    I've purchased Red Line at some cycle shop in Mesa, sorry can't remember where. You can use that Peter Verdone oil chart and just match up the cSt with what you want. There is also a Red Line oil mix chart in there somewhere.

mtbr member
    PIT Enterprises in N Phx might be an option for Silkolene. AEO as well. I would drop #'s or links but am on a really slow connection over air in Las Cruces right now. Pit is on Cave Creek road and AEO on 83rd and Union Hills. If you live far- it's a good excuse to bring up your bike, ride some trail first!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkaz View Post
    I haven't been able to find a local source for Silkolene. I can usually get Fox at the bike shop for nearly as cheap - $20-24 range. I don't buy it that often, that the extra few dollars isn't a big deal. Not sure who has fork oil & seals in stock now that Cactus is gone. In FIT cartridges, I just use Mobil 1 for lubricating oil and save the more expensive Fox/Silkolene for the damper.
    I know Adventure in Mesa has fork oil and seals in stock right now...call to verify.