Well I'm baaaaack!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mad aussie
    Reputation: Flying Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,129

    Well I'm baaaaack!

    Back racing dirt again anyway!
    After a few years hiatus from cross country racing to do the roadie thing I am signed up to race the endurance race at McDowell this Saturday. My last mtb race was expert at the Norba series in Durango 2002. The new cycling team we formed has both road and mountain bike divisions so it motivated me to get out on the trails again and I am having a blast!
    I will be campaigning the new flat black Cannondale Rush out there (our sponsoring shop sells Cannondale), it has taken me a while to get used to gears and suspension off road after a couple of years of (very) occasional rigid singlespeeding!

    Kevin

  2. #2
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Back racing dirt again anyway!
    After a few years hiatus from cross country racing to do the roadie thing I am signed up to race the endurance race at McDowell this Saturday. My last mtb race was expert at the Norba series in Durango 2002. The new cycling team we formed has both road and mountain bike divisions so it motivated me to get out on the trails again and I am having a blast!
    I will be campaigning the new flat black Cannondale Rush out there (our sponsoring shop sells Cannondale), it has taken me a while to get used to gears and suspension off road after a couple of years of (very) occasional rigid singlespeeding!

    Kevin
    Welcome back Kevin! Now the only remaining issue is whether your accent is also coming out of the hiatus. If it is, we will also need some time to get used to it again.
    I AM JUST A JERK

  3. #3
    mad aussie
    Reputation: Flying Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,129
    If you ask my family they will tell you I sound like an American anyway. I am actually secretly from Arkansas, but started putting on the Aussie accent in case it helped me pick up girls!

    I plan on racing some of the endurance races, probably the next couple of Dust Devil races as well as TWM and the Soul Ride if they run it again. We are hopefully going to enter a team at 24HOP as well. That race had my number in the past so I want to even the score.

    Kevin

  4. #4
    Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Reputation: cycljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    If you ask my family they will tell you I sound like an American anyway. I am actually secretly from Arkansas, but started putting on the Aussie accent in case it helped me pick up girls!

    I plan on racing some of the endurance races, probably the next couple of Dust Devil races as well as TWM and the Soul Ride if they run it again. We are hopefully going to enter a team at 24HOP as well. That race had my number in the past so I want to even the score.

    Kevin
    Hey Kevin, are you signed up for the FOtP? That would be a nice ice breaker back into MTB'ing! Welcome back...

  5. #5
    my knees hurt
    Reputation: singlespeedsycip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    462
    Welcome back....If you are racing marathon keep an eye out for Dejay.....that dude is fast as hell, on a ss to boot.....

    I'll be out there also this weekend racing ss class though....
    baby blue sycip rigid single speed, stop by and say hi if you see me, and good luck on Saturday....
    BELIEVE
    Imagine what you could achieve if you knew you would not fail.

  6. #6
    It's a Sledgehammer.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    357
    dejay birtch or somthing? I remember racing that guy long time ago, he was fast 10 years ago that's for sure. I think he was on the NAU squad when I was on the ASU squad (this would be 95-97.

    -josh

  7. #7
    mad aussie
    Reputation: Flying Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    Hey Kevin, are you signed up for the FOtP? That would be a nice ice breaker back into MTB'ing! Welcome back...
    Dont think I am ready for FOTP just yet, my tech skills are too rusty to take on South Mountain. I rode National coast to coast last weekend and took a trip over the bars which rattled me a little bit.
    Yeah, Dejay is really fast, I am not going to worry about anyone else and just ride my own race. McDowell is too much of a speed big ring course for a small skinny climber type so I am not expecting that much of myself.

    Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.