Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    184

    Waterfall cherry pop today

    Yep, popped the cherry today. I've been looking at it for 7 months, which is when I started riding (< shameless gloat, but I am estactic so cut me some slack), and I've wanted to do it from day one! Love South Mountain.

  2. #2
    Need more cowbell
    Reputation: WhiskersOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    938
    Video....or it didn't happen.

    Congrats.

  3. #3
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Now you can start hucking into it...solid work kid!

  4. #4
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Congrats! Way to step it up in a short amount of time! Which line?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    Congrats! Way to step it up in a short amount of time! Which line?
    I don't know the name, but if you are looking down it is the one on the right. I really want to do the spine, as it seems like the most natural line.

  6. #6
    I love bike!
    Reputation: dsittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,157
    Congrats! I think most of us call that line the chute. That's the only line I've ever tried too. One of these days I'll nut up and try the spine and/or other lines.

    I was actually out there this afternoon. Climbed up and down Natty but didn't quite make it to the Waterfall. It was too hot for me. Is it too early to say it was too hot

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    735
    Had my first trip down it this last Tues. Good feeling huh. Some one had a bike sitting in the middle of the spine so I was spared that much Gave it 3 runs. Dabbed the first two. Meh.. Huck it and go?

    ETA: its also good to remember coming UP which rocks can be rolled and which rocks you need to huck off.. Asses and elbows flying through the air... Good times! I looked like Drew out there with all the crashing I did!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by climnron
    Yep, popped the cherry today. I've been looking at it for 7 months, which is when I started riding (< shameless gloat, but I am estactic so cut me some slack), and I've wanted to do it from day one! Love South Mountain.
    Cool..Before I didn't have the bike to do it. Now I got a Transition with a 66, but don't have the balls yet. I think I'm more afraid if I get hurt and have to tell my family I can't work.

  9. #9
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    60
    orange transition by chance?

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    My understanding is if a rider has any protective gear on doing the waterfall they are a ***** and can't count it as a clean run. Seems stupid to me, I say it counts.

    TD

  11. #11
    How much further ???
    Reputation: Douger-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    My understanding is if a rider has any protective gear on doing the waterfall they are a ***** and can't count it as a clean run. Seems stupid to me, I say it counts.

    TD
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    My understanding is if a rider has any protective gear on doing the waterfall they are a ***** and can't count it as a clean run. Seems stupid to me, I say it counts.

    TD
    I didnt wear a condom... Mine counts!

  13. #13
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 22GILBERT22
    Cool..Before I didn't have the bike to do it. Now I got a Transition with a 66, but don't have the balls yet. I think I'm more afraid if I get hurt and have to tell my family I can't work.
    Thinking about it is absolutely the HARDEST part of the waterfall.

  14. #14
    I love bike!
    Reputation: dsittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike
    Thinking about it is absolutely the HARDEST part of the waterfall.
    Tru dat! That's why I always try and at least get to the top of the upper waterfall and make a continuous run from there down and thru the lower falls. Seems to help me get into a better flow and not have as much time to think about the carnage that could await.

    Plus the run down the upper falls IMO is actually a little bit more fun than the lower section.

  15. #15
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,251
    It's not bragging, if you done it....

    Good on ya' mate!




Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.