Water - SoMo & Prescott- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Water - SoMo & Prescott

A couple of water source questions:

1. Is the construction at the Telegraph Pass trailhead on SoMo complete yet? Last fall I tried to roll through there & reload on water... ended up thirsty.
    2. Are the Granite Basin & White Spar water spigots in Prescott turned on for the season yet?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Prescott:
    Granite Basin, yes at Cayuse TH. Campground was still closed so maybe not there. White Spar, I think yes because the CG is open, but I did not try the spigot.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    There is a gas station about 1/2 mile south of the telegraph pass trailhead where you can refill water.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Water at SoMo is heresy.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    As of today the Telegraph Pass trailhead is still under construction with no water available.

However there are several portable toilets there that are in need of cleaning, so not all is lost!

mtbr member
    keep in mind goldwater lakes has water too... tastes much better than whitespar... both are on now... the water at whitespar is horrible... also the trails from whitespar to goldwater lakes have some closures due to logging... I would take the 2 track road on the south side that goes from whitespar to the highway

mtbr member
    As of May 1 all the FS campgrounds in the Prescott area are open. Water should be on.
    White spar area trails (396) is open. But it won’t look like you remember it.
    --Reamer

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    As of May 1 all the FS campgrounds in the Prescott area are open. Water should be on.
    White spar area trails (396) is open. But it won’t look like you remember it.
    Damage to 396 is minimal, it’s getting ridden and well established. Some of the shorter 27x-series trails suffered a lot more. Most of 396 is the way you remember, just a bit different at the beginning up to the hill where you start down towards the springs. 330 still great and the 27x-series connectors are fine, if not exactly “whole” due to the logging (a few spots where the trailer was wiped clean).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.